Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

My longest flight ever!

I dont use acceleration, I am forever thankful for pause at TOD

I do not understand this objection to acceleration that lots of people seem to share, can someone please explain it to me? Surely if you think that it in some way reduces the simming experience, then how can you justify leaving the cockpit at any time? And what is the attraction of spending 18 hours looking at a clock tick while the clouds pass just to spend less then one hour actually flying?

can someone please explain it to me

Because some users  want  to fly as realistic  as possible.  I used  time  acceleration once  and felt like I was back a school cheating at a school exam :)   If you want  to use  time  acceleration that's your  choice,  and if  you used  time  acceleration than it  cant  be  called  your longest flight maybe your longest  shortest  flight maybe :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I am not objecting, I am merely asking. I am sure that you accept that it is realistic for the senior pilot on a long haul to leave the cockpit when cruise is established and not return until shorthly before descent, something which I often simulate using acceleration or even  slewing.  Do you have a more realistic way to emulate this ? 

I find it odd that its acceptable to takeoff to top of climb, have your dinner watch some tele , sleep and have breakfast and land your plane and call it your longest flight.

using time acceleration is the same but frowned upon

staring out of the cockpit window for 18hrs straight without a co pilot is completely unrealistic but completely accepted lol

ZORAN

My longets 16 hours and 50 minutes from FOAR (FAJS) to KATL as DAL201 on PMDG777. That's the real flight that Delta Airlines do on their B777-200LR. Took off in the evening and landed the next day in the afternoon. I did it online and no acceleration. During that time I woke up from time to time to keep track of my flight and to see if there wehre controllers and/or supervisors online.

Completed a flight last night from San Francisco to Amsterdam in the 777. Took about 12 and a half hours. My longest flight to date. I usually don't fly long routes, so I typically fly the NGX with shorter routes, but occasionally if I feel like it ill start up a long haul with the T7.

I have flown many many long hauls in FlightSim.

Here are just a few:

Amsterdam - Sao Paulo

Amsterdam - Honolulu

Los Angelos - Sydney

Amsterdam - Johannesburg

Amsterdam - Capte Town

Amsterdam - Singapore

Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur

All flight the other way around too.

My longest flight: Leipzig-Bangkok-Singapore-Jakarta and the whole route back.

At the moment my bird is relaxing in Jakarta for the return flight to EDDP.

Normally I'm using FSXLive.com and the iOS App called "FSXFollow" to track my route.

This and the possibility to send periodically screenshots to my smartphone gives me certainty that all is as it should be.

And the biggest advantage is, that I don't have to sit 13 hours in front of a screen...

Oh, and (of course) the Pro-ATC/X copilot is doing all work ;)

Regards, Sebastian

I generally don't do ultra long flights but have done more than usual since the 777 came out.  Normally my flights are 1 to 3 hours with Concorde flights of 3.5 hours.

My most recent  777 flgihts were KIAD - EHAM as part of the Cross the Pond event.  9 hours.

and this weekend I just did EGLL-SAEZ which is the longest flight that BA flies.  As I flew on line and for BAV I was mostly at the computer but did sneak in a soccer game or two in between the BAV hourly postion reports.  If I ever get the time and inclination I would like to try CYVR to YSSY for Air Canada.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I just completed my longest flight since I bought the 777. I departed from Lahore, Pakistan (OPLA) and landed at Heathrow, London (EGLL).

Airline: PIA

Flight: PK-757

Distance: about 3500 nm

Duration: about 8.5 hours

The sim was very stable all the time along the route. I did not use time compression.

I love this bird! Thanks PMDG!

Zoltan Junkuncz

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

KLAX-OMDB, up through AK then across Siberia, Russia and down over Central Europe, Turkey, Iraq, Kuwait. and the Perasian Gulf. 19+hrs.

Honestly, I dont use acceleration due to the fact that I have the pause at TOD. Plus, my computer gives more trouble generating the weather and graphics at a faster than normal speed. Sometimes even at normal speed my computer will get a little choppy as the FPS goes down. So I`ve never really been a fan of acceleration.

On long haul flights real pilots do eat and sleep and leave the cockpit. Plus its also easier to look out the window of a real plane then stare at a computer screen for 15 hours.

GREAT...!!! I just landed at Cairns International Airport (Australia) after a nearly 17 Hour Non-Stop flight (Duesseldorf - Cairns). I did this flight in real time! 

I just have a little question: 

For me, manual landings while darkness is very difficult for me. But i´m happy with the landing but FS flight Keeper told me that i had a -V/S Touchdownrate of -275 fpm. Is this ok? Normally i´ve between -150 and -200. 

Longest on the B777LR was the Toronto to Hong Kong flight as per the Just Planes AIR CANADA Polar Routes video. Passing so near the north pole made the ND show some strange indications. I think it has something to do with the true / magnetic north difference. 

Regards,
Darren Liew