Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

My longest flight ever!

I find it odd that its acceptable to takeoff to top of climb, have your dinner watch some tele , sleep and have breakfast and land your plane and call it your longest flight.

using time acceleration is the same but frowned upon

staring out of the cockpit window for 18hrs straight without a co pilot is completely unrealistic but completely accepted lol

I always thought the same. I dont see how it can make you feel like you really accomplished something doing it in real time if the majority of the time spent at cruise is sleeping, watching tv, going to work, etc. If your going to do it in real time and talk about it like its a big deal that you didnt cheat by using time acceleration, then sit in front of the computer the whole time. Then you can brag about your endurance and how tired the flight made you.

Otherwise leaving the house, sleeping, and doing other stuff is just as much "cheating" as using time acceleration except you wasted a lot more time, electricity and waiting around to land.

Jim Burke

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hej

My longest flight is from WSSS to EGLL - not very exciting I am afraid...

However I am planning a London Heathrow to Perth non stop flight - that should be more fun, though I fear the non stop service will only be Ozzy bound, on the return flight to EGLL I am pretty sure I will have to stop for some juice (fuel).

Kimberly Richmond-Jones

I quite like doing long-haul flights in FSX and I've done a few in my time. My longest flights aren't quite as long as some of yours on here.

My longest flight:

London Heathrow (EGLL) to Los Angeles Intl (KLAX). This took exactly 10 hours and 36 minutes. I done this with the PMDG 747-400 in British Airways livery and followed a near enough exact flight plan to BAW283. When I do my flights I like to set them up close enough to real-life.

My second longest flight:

London Heathrow (EGLL) to Las Vegas McCarran Intl (KLAS). This one took 9 hours and 58 minutes, also done with a British Airways PMDG 747-400 and used flight number BAW275.

I fly all my long-haul flights in real-time and I tend to stick around the whole flight, monitoring information and fuel, but also listening to music etc.

Mine was São Paulo Intl (SBGR) to Dubai (OMDB) with the PMDG T7... Around 15 hours.

Plus, doing all the flight steps accordingly, I remember landing with quite a lot of fuel for such a long trip, however, I don't remember how the winds were at the different flight levels.

PS - SBGR - EHAM I do VERY often with different aircrafts. (CS 767, PMDG 747, 777 and MD-11) and sometimes, with let's say, "PMDG BBJ and Aerosoft Airbus Extended ACJ" which I edited and converted both myself and they work pretty well when it comes to fuel range realism. 

But then, I need to stop in Lisbon, Portugal (LPPT) to refuel both BBJ or ACJ.

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

I just did Lima (SPIM) to Montreal (CYUL) 8 hours 11 mins. Went OOM at the end. Its impossible for me to do long hauls in the pmdg 777 without going OOM which is frustrating, especially since I dont have this problem with any other plane. Then again I am probably flying shorter distances with other planes, but still I have had crashes with the 777 on the same flights where the 737 makes it. Its really obnoxious and I am unsure I will purchase the 747 if it has the same issue, since there is nothing more I can really change with the exception of just flying into default fsx airports which seems like a waste. 

Hej

My longest flight is from WSSS to EGLL - not very exciting I am afraid...

However I am planning a London Heathrow to Perth non stop flight - that should be more fun, though I fear the non stop service will only be Ozzy bound, on the return flight to EGLL I am pretty sure I will have to stop for some juice (fuel).

Kimberly Richmond-Jones

hey Kimberly

so rare to see a woman who likes fs and flying airliners particularly for long haul how did you ever get in to this geeky hobby ( you don't look geeky from your picture) and what exactly is it that you like about it because is a usually such a guy dominated hobby

just interested

cheers

kav

KEWR/WSSS SQ21  is 18 hours and 30 minutes---we fly it in our virtual but SQ uses the 340-500--the 777-300ER will do it if PMDG makes the model

hey Kimberly

so rare to see a woman who likes fs and flying airliners particularly for long haul how did you ever get in to this geeky hobby ( you don't look geeky from your picture) and what exactly is it that you like about it because is a usually such a guy dominated hobby

just interested

cheers

kav

If you look at her profile I think that would give you a good idea about her interest in aviation and long haul flying. I'm sure there are a number of women who enjoy flight simulation (just not nearly as many as men). 

hey Kimberly

just interested

cheers

kav

There's a fair few female simmers out there, especially on Vatsim and IVAO. Anyone remember Shelley Johnson? Sadly she's no longer with us due to a drunk driver :( I would often see her online doing Long hauls in the PMDG 747-400. From her forum posts she seemed like a great lady with a huge passion for anything aviation!

http://www.vataware.com/pilot.cfm?cid=1017705

Rob Prest

every woman I know hates it fs including girlfriends past and present. bores them all to tears and call us all

geeks

need to get myself a flightsimming woman I think

kav

Did Seoul to Dubai yesterday.  Just under 10 hours in real time.

17 hour flight sounds tempting... lol B)

Just did Hong Kong - Heathrow in a Cathay livery (CX257). Total flight time 12:30.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg