Sign in to follow this  
yimi

Real World 777 Catering Service

So I was using the Catering Service with GSX today and I noticed one of the vehicles went to the Right Entry 2 door and the other one went to the usual Right Entry 4 door. I'm used to seeing it at Right Entry 1 and Right Entry 4, but I was wondering if this was how a real world 777 would do catering service. Anyone know which doors the real world 777 uses to do their catering service? 

Everything I have seen is 1 and 4. There is an issue with GSX and door 1 on the 777. I think you have to change the settings in GSX.

Quick question guys. is GSX worth buying? How does it interact with other add ons like FS2crew and such? I have been thinking about buying it for enhance the T7 experience.

So I was using the Catering Service with GSX today and I noticed one of the vehicles went to the Right Entry 2 door and the other one went to the usual Right Entry 4 door. I'm used to seeing it at Right Entry 1 and Right Entry 4, but I was wondering if this was how a real world 777 would do catering service. Anyone know which doors the real world 777 uses to do their catering service? 

I think it depends on the operator and possibly the gate configurations, I've seen both 1R and 2R used on AA when it comes to the forward galleys and on Qatar I've seen them mostly use 2R for the forward catering.

Quick question guys. is GSX worth buying? How does it interact with other add ons like FS2crew and such? I have been thinking about buying it for enhance the T7 experience.

Yep its worth every penny and the push back function alone is worth its weight in gold.

Well worth it in my opinion. I have no issues running it along with FS2Crew either.

Strictly depends on number of galleys.

777-200 - 3 galleys located at 1R, 2R, 4R (first, business, economy in standard config).

777-300 - 4 galleys located at 1R, 2R, 4R, 5R (first, business, economy aux, economy main in standard config).

Usually all R/H side doors are utilized by catering vehicles during turn around.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Strictly depends on number of galleys.

777-200 - 3 galleys located at 1R, 2R, 4R (first, business, economy in standard config).

777-300 - 4 galleys located at 1R, 2R, 4R, 5R (first, business, economy aux, economy main in standard config).

Usually all R/H side doors are utilized by catering vehicles during turn around.

I see...thanks for the useful information. Do you suggest I move the forward catering vehicle to 1R or do you think it is realistic enough that I can just leave it at 2R? 

It's alright at 2R..

Occasionally when the FC pax load was light I've seen only 1 catering truck to service both galleys at 1R and 2R through 2R door.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Anyone know which doors the real world 777 uses to do their catering service? 

Depends on the airline and config of the aircraft.  Aviation is not as programmatic and black and white as the vast majority of people think.

Additionally, here's a few words from Robert on the issue:

Neil-

As a stickler for real world procedures, it might be beneficial if you adhere to that ever-so-delicate procedure of "don't talk above one's pay-grade or qualifications."

Here is why: I have been at this business a long time... I won't bore you with the details, but at one point in my career I was one of the key operational managers over the largest daily collection of 777s anywhere on the planet... (wow... that was a long time ago...holy smokes...)

I know a thing or two about such things- so lemme run you through a few details...

WorldWideWhat.jpg

This image is taken from a document we use when consulting with airlines on best practices for efficiently servicing the 777-200 body airplane. This graphic was prepared by Boeing for airport planers in order to help them understand the typical ground service layout that is used around this type of aircraft when planning gate envelopes.

In the case when we provide consultation to airlines regarding methods to best improve the efficiency of their ground handling, we use this graphic as a baseline, along with various pieces of planning software to map out precisely which pieces of equipment should be in which position around the airplane, in transition to/from stocking, or moving between positions on the airplane.

For example, the galleys on most 777 operations can be stocked from a single lift vehicle. This vehicle will move from 1R to 4R during the course of ground servicing, while the cabin cleaning lift will attach to the airplane at 4L, allowing the cleaning crews to clean tail to nose as passengers deplane, then restock nose to tail as they exit, allowing boarding to commence even if the schedules are tight....

So, Neil- I hope you have learned a couple things in this post. At PMDG we don't just make stuff up as we go along... B)

As I said, I have been at this for a long time... If you want to talk to me about a worldwide standard- you'd best come well prepared... After all- some of the most recognized airlines in the world trust my input on these things- so I have to be on top of my game...

Kyle Rodgers