Sign in to follow this  
fjsharry

Have any suggestion for my next stick

I was consider purchase  higher level flight stick,i using saitek cyborg fly5,i consider few stick , 1.saitek x65 2. thrustmaster WARTHOG,and which one is good for commercial and GA. I used to flight 777 and A2A c172 or MJC dash8. Have any suggestion for my situation,or maybe have more good stick i don't yet?

Greetings 

Xing

If you insist on using a Stick, then there is only one: Thrustmaster Warthog.  It costs lots of dough, but it really is that good.  I was a skeptic myself, but the second you take it out of the box, you'll feel a lot better about your purchase.

If you are using 777, 172, or Dash-8 though, it is my opinion that it is really best to use a decent yoke, and not a stick.

Logitech Extreme twist is all you will ever need for FSX.

ZORAN

Yeah yoke should be better than stick, but my situation is I often moving new house so I can't take yoke cause too big

Also warthog is stable production? I was afraid she will easy to broken...

Logitech extreme I own before,but she broken now

I'm not sure: I moved from a Cyborg X (the very same Fly 5, just older packaging) to an X-52. When I moved out of the country, I had to leave it behind because of its size: it's almost as bulky as the Saitek yoke I've seen in some flight schools.

Logitech Extreme twist is all you will ever need for FSX.

That would be a downgrade from the Cyborg Fly 5.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Yeah yoke should be better than stick, but my situation is I often moving new house so I can't take yoke cause too big

Also warthog is stable production? I was afraid she will easy to broken...

Logitech extreme I own before,but she broken now

The Warthog stick and throttle weigh ~12 kg. VERY heavy-duty...made from metal, not plastic. It uses magnetic Hall-Effect sensors instead of potentiometers, so response is super-smooth, and they do not wear out and start spiking like conventional pots do.

You absolutely get what you pay for. Whether it's worth it to you is a personal decision.

Cheers

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I will also jump in with the Thrustmaster T.16000M as that uses hall-effect sensors and it wont break the bank with the price.

-Paul-

I second the Thrustmaster T16000m. I have been using one for a couple years with great results. For ~$50 it is a great flight stick. I fly mostly helicopters, so the stick gets alot of use.

Regards,

Danny

Danny

I will also jump in with the Thrustmaster T.16000M as that uses hall-effect sensors and it wont break the bank with the price.

I also like the T.16000M for a low-end stick. It uses HE sensors for the aileron/elevator/rudder axes, but still has a potentiometer for the throttle. It's not at all in the same class as the Warthog, though.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case