Sign in to follow this  
KingGhidorah

Should I get iFly if already PMDG?

The Ifly has matured in to a really nice addon with the 3.2 version and has some features the ngx does not but then the ngx has features the ifly does not.

agreed...version 3.2 is great!  VC, Night lighting, textures, sound, flight model, etc.....All upgraded and improved.

Bottom line is if you want a great 737 in P3D then get Ifly, not sure how they are going to handle P3D ver 2, but given the fact that Ifly has provided outstanding support and continued improvements well after the hype and debates have died down, I would expect them to not keep their customers waiting too long. 

Yeah 3.2 sounds like it's made the ifly quite amazing...are there any screenshots of the VC in 3.2 I never liked the textures in the vc. I might get it again just for the BBJ models.

Just not sure if the product page has the 3.2 textures so if anyone has some VC screenshots that would be quite helpful

Thanks

I bought and run the iFly for FSX, before the NGX was released.  I would have been happy to have used both side by side but had to retire the iFly as it was the only aircraft I've ever owned that suffered from the infamous "Frame Rates drop from 30 to 10 FPS when the cursor is in view" problem.   Some people say they get that problem at lot, but I'd never ever seen it - until the iFly.  

Once the NGX was released it did feel a bit academic and pointless trying to troubleshoot the iFly's "cursor problem" because as far as I could see, the PMDG is superior in every area.

Many people do use the NGX in P3D as apparantly is works flawlessly using the Estonia Migration Tool for P3D, but I wouldn't know, as of course, this is against PMDG's Licence.

I bought and run the iFly for FSX, before the NGX was released.  I would have been happy to have used both side by side but had to retire the iFly as it was the only aircraft I've ever owned that suffered from the infamous "Frame Rates drop from 30 to 10 FPS when the cursor is in view" problem.   Some people say they get that problem at lot, but I'd never ever seen it - until the iFly.  

Once the NGX was released it did feel a bit academic and pointless trying to troubleshoot the iFly's "cursor problem" because as far as I could see, the PMDG is superior in every area.

Many people do use the NGX in P3D as apparantly is works flawlessly using the Estonia Migration Tool for P3D, but I wouldn't know, as of course, this is against PMDG's Licence.

The migration tool was great before developers started hard-coding P3D out to prevent people from doing that.  Not naming anyone out, but safe to say initial releases were not affected, but all those little patches sometimes contain a little extra.

The migration tool was great before developers started hard-coding P3D out to prevent people from doing that.  Not naming anyone out, but safe to say initial releases were not affected, but all those little patches sometimes contain a little extra.

Really?... wow, didn't realise any of the developers had done that.   Seems a bit extreme.

Well I've just unistalled FSX and gone full time P3D v1.4 "for the time being"  so any developers that don't want me to use their software, that's fine I won't :smile: ... there are enough fantastic scenery and aircraft add-ons for P3D to keep me happy, even just between Orbx and Aerosoft, not to mention the many others.

Yeah 3.2 sounds like it's made the ifly quite amazing...are there any screenshots of the VC in 3.2 I never liked the textures in the vc. I might get it again just for the BBJ models.

Just not sure if the product page has the 3.2 textures so if anyone has some VC screenshots that would be quite helpful

Thanks

Same textures sadly but they improved some of the night lighting so you dont need the engines running to see in the dark i believe ( very helpful when doing cold and dark at night time ), since getting the ngx i dont use it.

Will i be able to use the ifly p3d version in v2 i doubt it as im sure that i would need a new paid for licence so i probably wont even try it, and if i have to buy another copy of it i wont bother.

-Paul-

Better FPS with iFly.

not on my pc, i get 10+ fps more in the ngx.

-Paul-

Better FPS with iFly but more functionality and realism with NGX.

Oh sure, I'd forgotten about that. I'd experienced far better frames with the Ifly than the NGX, but again, unsure how this has been affected by the latest Ifly version.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I also get better frame rates with NGX tnann the IFly ver 3.1. Using in application performance toll helps a little. Wish there were a few more options to improve the frames. Overall it is a fine addition and I might re-buy when I move to Prepar3d