Sign in to follow this  
maple-syrup

WOAI

So I installed the newest AI packs, (2013) all of the North American one's at least, and it didn't delete the older versions from the .cfg in each aircraft folder, so every time I start the sim I have to hold down "Enter" to shoot through all of the "already (such and such) in this .cfg, delete one" But going through about 100 .cfg and deleting the Flightsim.XX is just a lot of work, is there an easier way to do this?

Can't you just uninstall the lot, delete all the folders, then reinstall?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

So I installed the newest AI packs, (2013) all of the North American one's at least, and it didn't delete the older versions from the .cfg in each aircraft folder, so every time I start the sim I have to hold down "Enter" to shoot through all of the "already (such and such) in this .cfg, delete one" But going through about 100 .cfg and deleting the Flightsim.XX is just a lot of work, is there an easier way to do this?

Same here. And I installed the updated European packs as well.

However, if during FSX loading, you write down the name of the duplicate cfg file entry, it really isn't such a big deal to remove them from the relevant aircraft.cfg file.

I had 16 duplicate entries and it took no more than 20 minutes with a text editor to remove them all. So not really that much work...

Gary

Yep, I did exactly as Gary mentioned and while somewhat of a pain, it's all done now and no longer a problem.

Alexander Alonso