Sign in to follow this  
Nurmblitz

Trees all over

Hello,

I got the tree problem to my FTX North America. The Orbx forum gives a list of ideas how to remove them, but nobody seems to really know what's it a ll about. How about here?

I don't have the Global thing but all US regions and a couple of airports with UTX. The trees appeared only lately, could it be one of their own library updates that did this?

Do you have just a lot of trees, or is the main problem trees on runways and taxiways?

Ensure you have the UTX scenery under the FTX scenery within the FSX Scenery Library.  Also, that you have installed the most current Object libraries 130927, which may or may not have any bearing on your problem.

In real life, some towns and areas where used to live do not have very many trees, and the default FSX didn't have that many either in those areas.  Once I installed FTX NA, there were a lot of trees. 

I had made the comment before, either in this forum or Orbx forum, about the many trees in my hometown, and someone stated to turn down my autogen in FSX.  Well, I would if I flew there all of, or most of the time, however, I fly all over.  So, I didn't turn anything down.  I created my own exclusion scenery using ADE and got rid of a lot of trees....just at my home town.

Hopefully someone can give you (us) a better answer.

Rod

Rod Beck

Thank you. I have indeed rounded up the usual suspects. FTX entries are above UTX and I have installed the newest libraries. Trees and houses occupy ramp and taxiways. I cannot trace the breaking point as has been a while since I visited these sceneries. Other Parts of US are free of this phenomenon.

Oh, and I haven't yet tried the lumberjack programme. It seems just awful lot of work to set up all airfields...

Oh, and I haven't yet tried the lumberjack programme. It seems just awful lot of work to set up all airfields...

I was trying to think of the program lumberjack, but I couldn't remember the name.  I downloaded it a few weeks ago, but have not used it.  Don't need it, so far.

Well, hope you get it figured out.  If you do, please let us know, as it may be a problem for me in the future.

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Rod Beck

Add this to your CFG:

[TERRAIN]

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=600   // or less: 001

It works, way too many trees IMO.

I downloaded again the newest libraries, installed it. Then I switched between regions a couple of times, rebooted, started sim a couple of times and low and behold, the trees were gone, at least from Eugene and McChord AFB where I had attempted to take off lately. Had a great flight from Eugene to 98TE Hilltop with my Fairchild F24. Thank you for good suggestions, this problem seemed to be just a failed installation or scenery activation.

Thanks for the link DoubleJ.

I downloaded again the newest libraries, installed it. Then I switched between regions a couple of times, rebooted, started sim a couple of times and low and behold, the trees were gone, at least from Eugene and McChord AFB where I had attempted to take off lately. Had a great flight from Eugene to 98TE Hilltop with my Fairchild F24. Thank you for good suggestions, this problem seemed to be just a failed installation or scenery activation.

Glad to hear you rid of the trees. 

Rod

Rod Beck