Sign in to follow this  
adi518

A bit surprised no decent dc-3 is available for fsx..

The 35 pages long wip thread has lots of fabulous shots:

IbryACP.jpg

Really hard to believe this is freeware... wow. :)

amazing external.. BUT..!!

I spend 99% of time inside cockpit and the VC is what makes a plane for me.. Pretty "toylike" gauges and panel. dont know why all the hype about this dc3 as I dont care how beautifull the external is.

I think you're too early to judge and there are more vc shots in their forum... also, check the paywares.. none of them look as good.

Can't wait. It will be my 5th DC-3 in FSX :D

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I spend 99% of time inside cockpit and the VC is what makes a plane for me.. Pretty "toylike" gauges and panel. dont know why all the hype about this dc3 as I dont care how beautifull the external is.

The VC is adapted from the Basler BT-67 as a stopgap. Same goes for the C-117D.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

It's hard to judge the VC in this model from the PICS because it's been modernized, and is not historically accurate from the original. Comparing it to the one in MAAM, it's VC is accurate, textures are very good, and the external model, is accurately shaped and textured as well, so I don't see how the OP can  claim, it's "horrendous"? Just because it's not a newer model doesn't make it bad. The external model of this freeware also looks very good. and the startup sequence effects in the posted video does as well. Very high quality for freeware. I would like to see more of the VC (Especially a video, but I'm sure that will come in time).

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

amazing external.. BUT..!!

Pretty lame to critisize a FREEWARE project like that...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Pretty lame to criticize a FREEWARE project like that...

+1 we should be thankful and nothing more.

It's hard to judge the VC in this model from the PICS because it's been modernized, and is not historically accurate from the original. Comparing it to the one in MAAM, it's VC is accurate, textures are very good, and the external model, is accurately shaped and textured as well, so I don't see how the OP can  claim, it's "horrendous"? Just because it's not a newer model doesn't make it bad. The external model of this freeware also looks very good. and the startup sequence effects in the posted video does as well. Very high quality for freeware. I would like to see more of the VC (Especially a video, but I'm sure that will come in time).

Do you seriously compare this:

yokeout.jpg

with this:

4ee2Nhx.jpg

? :mellow:

Modern or not, it doesn't matter. You're getting here a much, MUCH better package for absolutely nothing.

+1 we should be thankful and nothing more.

Do you seriously compare this:

yokeout.jpg

with this:

4ee2Nhx.jpg

? :mellow:

Modern or not, it doesn't matter. You're getting here a much, MUCH better package for absolutely nothing.

Show me a real world DC-3 that has a center pedestal like this? I haven't found one. The MAAM's DC-3's controls look much more authentic.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Forget MAAM, they've given up and their FSX version has a lot of problems. The freeware one will be terrific!

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Show me a real world DC-3 that has a center pedestal like this? I haven't found one. The MAAM's DC-3's controls look much more authentic.

It really is a silly argument you're making. You said it's a modern cockpit so I reckon some real world dc-3s are modified like this and nothing is wrong with that. I'll take the modern high quality cockpit over the "authentic" one ANY DAY. Dude, it's a payware that looks like the 2006 default. You can't even mention both in the same sentence.. seriously.

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/PACKAGES/pilotpnl.jpg

Good lord, have mercy on me humble simmer. *dat 2d panel*  :lol:

It really is a silly argument you're making. You said it's a modern cockpit so I reckon some real world dc-3s are modified like this and nothing is wrong with that. I'll take the modern high quality cockpit over the "authentic" one ANY DAY. Dude, it's a payware that looks like the 2006 default. You can't even mention both in the same sentence.. seriously.

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/PACKAGES/pilotpnl.jpg

Good lord, have mercy on me humble simmer. *dat 2d panel*  :lol:

We'll just have to agree to disagree here. When it comes to historical models, I prefer them in there original configuration. The shot above is the 2D panel, I don't use 2D panels, so, that doesn't matter to me. From looking at videos though, it looks like not all controls are clickable from the VC on the MAAM model,  from that standpoint the freeware (assuming the controls are functional) should be better. The best VC I have seen so far for the DC-3 is the X_Plane payware version, very well done.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Outside of the ######ing... that freeware offering is really a sweet aircraft! Personally, I prefer modern avionics and it looks like they have done a nice job.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Amen..!