Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Black Squares at ORBX airports

Some, if not many ORBX airports have problems to display static airplanes (and other static objects) properly in dx10 mode (fixer applied). Many objects display a BLACK SQUARE below the object (eg PAJN).  I am not sure, but I cannot imagine that it is such a big deal to make static aircraft dx10 compatible. And I am very disappointed with ORBX because it seems they ignore it and/or refuse improvements for dx10 compatibility.

Is there any chance that dx10 scenery fixer will solve this problem?

Is there any thing that I could do (except turn off static ac in FTX central)?

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi Harry,

This is the exact same problem as with the boat shadows in Skiathos X. From what I can see, the ground polygons attached to the object are not setup properly and for some reason the alpha channel designed to cast the object's shadow is faulty. Sloppy work by Orbx and they seem too lazy to fix this. I will have a look at this at PAJN now and if I can fix it, I will report back here on any progress.

Best wishes,

Andreas Aarens

Steve is aware of the issue, and has addressed it in the Fixer manual - page 47, and with a deeper explanation here, and a pic of tiles which split an airport. A number of the Orbx airports have this issue - disappointingly - even the new EU-ENG EGML has it.

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I just fixed it:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/424177-orbx-dx10-static-aircraft-black-box-shadows-now-fixed/

The issue isn't really that deep, Orbx has no consistency in how they model their static aircraft shadows, that is why some work and some don't. The Orbx library file is a complete mess and I was quite shocked when I went through the 256 different objects in it. Until they address this problem in a professional and customer-friendly manner, this fix is a temporary work-around that deletes the horrible black box shadows.

Andreas Aarens

Hallo Aaren,

thanks again for your work. May I ask what tools you used to repair those black boxes?  Just another point, I can't download using that link you provided (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/424177-orbx-dx10-static-aircraft-black-box-shadows-now-fixed/). I get an 'not signed in error' which obviously can't be correct.  As you see I am signerd in ;-)

Cheers,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hallo Aaren,

thanks again for your work. May I ask what tools you used to repair those black boxes?  Just another point, I can't download using that link you provided (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/424177-orbx-dx10-static-aircraft-black-box-shadows-now-fixed/). I get an 'not signed in error' which obviously can't be correct.  As you see I am signerd in ;-)

Cheers,

Harry

I can't see the information in the link either.

The referenced post has been hidden due to a violation of both Avsim's TOS and Orbx EULA.

Orbx is aware of the problem and is working on it.  Be patient. it will just take a little time .

Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals