Sign in to follow this  
trebor737

Variable wind effect on aircraft airspeed

I am having a problem with the effect the wind as on the airspeed of the aircraft, the problem seems to effect more when on finals.

The weather conditions are variable winds, I know this should have effects but not too the degree it has!

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Cheers

Robert Ainley

You really think I meant to post 9 times?! I don't no why it did that, I posted and it said server error! I dont no how to delete them!

You really think I meant to post 9 times?! I don't no why it did that, I posted and it said server error! I dont no how to delete them!

then sorry for blaming you  :P . anyway what weather engine do you use

I don't no why it did that, I posted and it said server error!

What I do when posting on AVSIM is compose the thread message, then copy/paste to notepad, then hit the Post button.  Sadly it can be hit or miss when posting on AVSIM.  About 40% of my posts get the Server Error.

If you get the Server error, don't try to post again.  Just re-load AVSIM and check to see if your post actually made it.

I am having a problem with the effect the wind as on the airspeed of the aircraft, the problem seems to effect more when on finals.

What aircraft?  Are you sure you have your pitot heaters on?  (aka icing of pitot causing incorrect readings of airspeed)

I am flying the 737-800, pitot heaters def on. It's defiantly when wind is either variable direction or gusts.

It makes for a very rough approach for the passengers!!

I normally use active sky 2012 but at the moment trying just standard fsx weather!

FSX weather is notorious for creating sudden and large shifts in wind direction. Best avoided. In effect it is giving you windshear problems the whole time. Addon weather such as Active Sky controls the FSX weather engine and attempts to smooth these effects out for you by directly controlling winds, providing a much more realistic experience. If you have a licensed copy of FSUIPC you can use that to smooth FSX wind changes too.

ki9cAAb.jpg