Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Anyone care to share your favourite REX textures for OPUS

Just got OPUSFsx and love it - the speed and accuracy of the engine is just amazing.

Now to settle on a texture set to complete the experience. Would anyone running REX care to share your favourite set of cloud textures?

Thanks!

Dylan,

Here are a few options for you:

1. It's easier for me to quote the words from the REX User Manual:

With REX EDGE you have the ability to share your customized texture themes with the whole REX Community. If you create that killer look and would like to share it with others, you now have the ability to do that. Or with the simple click of a button you can install another user’s customized texture theme in a matter of seconds.

We have added categories to texture themes so that you can search by creator name or texture theme category.

Select BROWSE on the TEXTURES page and the window in the sample above appears. You may search, select and load

texture themes that other REX users have created.

Once you choose a texture set to experiment with, click the THEME ID number to automatically load the desired theme into your REX. You may narrow the available criteria by using the SEARCH function. You may exit this screen at any time by selecting CANCEL to return to the main TEXTURES page. You must select the INSTALL button for textures to install into FSX/P3D.

2. On our Facebook page we have a series called Inside The Shot, showcasing what textures were used, examples, and how to obtain them.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Fantastic - thanks Tim! I'll hunt around and see what's been posted up.

There is one texture set I found in the area Tim refers to and it is submitted by REX (May be by Tim) and it is titled ??? If I remember ( not at my FSX rig). Anyhow, I use it and it is a really realistic set.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

How do you browse through the oh so many user subitted themes in a meaningful way? As far as I'm aware I can only browse through them by text categories (fair weather + user title). A different design with perhaps a snapshot photo would make it a bit easier to find good themes? Also, a user rating would be good as well.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Andreas,

Thanks for your questions and suggestions. We have thought about this already and we're planning to incorporate that in a future update. At this time however, you can simply filter them by weather 'category' or type in a keyword etc. via the text field/dropdown menu, or you can simply filter the list by clicking on THEME ID, CREATOR, THEME, CATEGORY or the CREATED column headers.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I recently got REX Plus and I am trying to learn how to use it correctly. The weather engine needs to be on all the time while flying correct? And , is there a way to select different weather conditions from the REX console (storm, rainy day, foggy conditions, etc) like we do within FSX ?

I recently got REX Plus and I am trying to learn how to use it correctly. The weather engine needs to be on all the time while flying correct?

Hi Mark,

If you use the REX weather engine, then yes, it will need to stay 'on' during your stay within FSX/Prepar3d. If using REX for just textures, turn OFF 'Enable Weather Download' within the REX/CONFIGURATION MANAGER/WEATHER ENGINE tab. This will ensure REX will start and be immediately available without wait.

is there a way to select different weather conditions from the REX console (storm, rainy day, foggy conditions, etc) like we do within FSX ?

There is no way to do that from within the weather engine popup screen, however, you should check out the Random Weather feature in REX. Do yourself a favor and read the user manual that comes with REX, there's MUCH to it!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Andreas,

Thanks for your questions and suggestions. We have thought about this already and we're planning to incorporate that in a future update. At this time however, you can simply filter them by weather 'category' or type in a keyword etc. via the text field/dropdown menu, or you can simply filter the list by clicking on THEME ID, CREATOR, THEME, CATEGORY or the CREATED column headers.

Tim,

Thanks for your response! Much appreciated :)

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Search in REX for 'NyxxUK'. NyxxUK is a member from this forum: he didn't create the set himself but it is based on his selection of textures (which he once posted on this forum) and uploaded by someone else. I've been using his selection of textures for quite some time now and I can't imagine using another set. Take note that I only use REX for sky textures and cloud textures but I am sure the rest of the set is great too. It gives me very realistic skies (at least for Europe, where I do all my flying) together with OpusFSX.

Search in REX for 'NyxxUK'. NyxxUK is a member from this forum: he didn't create the set himself but it is based on his selection of textures (which he once posted on this forum) and uploaded by someone else. I've been using his selection of textures for quite some time now and I can't imagine using another set. Take note that I only use REX for sky textures and cloud textures but I am sure the rest of the set is great too. It gives me very realistic skies (at least for Europe, where I do all my flying) together with OpusFSX.

cant seem to find these textures :(.  Might they be under a different name?

Thanks Jeroen, but I can't seem to find that set either :unsure:

Jeroen, I can't seem to locate NyxxUK on our REX Edge server. Are you certain this is the name that was used? I tried both the OverDrive and non-OverDrive version as well.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com