Sign in to follow this  
trebor737

Variable wind effect on aircraft airspeed

I am having a problem with the effect the wind as on the airspeed of the aircraft, the problem seems to effect more when on finals.

The weather conditions are variable winds, I know this should have effects but not too the degree it has!

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Cheers

Robert Ainley

Anyone know a way to fix this?

We're gonna need way more information than that.

Are you using a weather program?  AS2012/ASE/Opus/REX/FSX Updates?  What was the weather at the time?

If you're using a weather program, what mode were you using it in?  For AS2012/ASE, you should be using DWC.  Most weather programs have manuals that explain the different modes and why you use them.  I'd suggest reading it if you use a weather program.

Kyle Rodgers

Do you mean excessive wind variance, when the wind arrow on the ND is spinning? I've never had this before, but I had this happening to me today on final at RJGG in the 777. It made autothrottle go crazy so I had to turn it off.

I am using Opus and have wind smoothing enabled in FSUIPC. I chose to leave variance suppression off because I like the wind variance effect. This is probably just an extremely rare bug that I wouldn't care about. If you care and/or are experiencing it a lot then enabling wind variance suppression might be worth a try.

Verzonden vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met behulp van Tapatalk

You should experiment with wind settings in your weather add-on (if you have one). I just switched from ASE to OpusFSX ( :wub: ) and was on final for LAX, approx 100 feet AGL when I had a sudden and intense wind change from tail to head which made my landing go down the toilet.

I just went out in the settings menu again and made "wind variance" even lower in effect. So all in all it depends on what add-on you use for weather

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB