Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

My Addon of the year Award goes to

After some thought I've decided to give the Realair Duke V2 the Award for add-on of the year.

I know that we are still in October, and who am I to give such an Award, but this bird has everything I look for in an FSX addon:

Great visuals!

Amazing realism!

Plane feels real!

The lighting is fantastic.

Several beautiful looking liveries!

Easy GNS 530 & 430 integration!

Outstanding developer support!

and the upgrade price was a steal.

I honestly never thought that the Lancair could ever be replaced as my favorite GA.

Thank you Realair and I'm looking forward to your 172N.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The DX10 fixer is a great add-on, but as long as there are developers who don't want to support DX10, it's just another addon that I bought to help the developer continue to improve FSX.

The DX10 fixer is a great add-on, but as long as there are developers who don't want to support DX10, it's just another addon that I bought to help the developer continue to improve FSX.

I kind of agree.   I bought it, and currently have no use for it whatsoever, due to disappointing DX10 performance with ATI.   Hopefully I'll get some value from it in the future.

Some great add-ons this year, but overall, I would absolutely have to give a 'dual award' for my favourite add-on of 2013.   I would jointly award it to FTX Global  and to the Majestoc Q400.  :cool:

FTX Global has made flying in places like Russia, Africa and Asia (that were so poorly textured in the stock FSX) a pleasure to fly in.  

The Majestic Q400; well what can I say; the most amazing airliner ever released IMHO, and the fact that it gives better FPS performance than the default C172 is just staggering.

There shouldn't be a single addon of the year. Everyone enjoys different things, some like low and slow, others don't (like me). Some enjoy photoscenery, others don't. So really, imo, The RealAir v2 isn't on my last, the PMDG T7 is though. If we can get categories that every addon could fit in to then it would be okay.

Yeah we've had a great year!

Duke is superb

King Air G1000 is pretty nice

I tried the PMDG T7 on a friends pc - pretty nice too

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I kind of agree.   I bought it, and currently have no use for it whatsoever, due to disappointing DX10 performance with ATI.   Hopefully I'll get some value from it in the future.

Some great add-ons this year, but overall, I would absolutely have to give a 'dual award' for my favourite add-on of 2013.   I would jointly award it to FTX Global  and to the Majestoc Q400.   :cool:

FTX Global has made flying in places like Russia, Africa and Asia (that were so poorly textured in the stock FSX) a pleasure to fly in.  

The Majestic Q400; well what can I say; the most amazing airliner ever released IMHO, and the fact that it gives better FPS performance than the default C172 is just staggering.

FTXG will be even better after FTX releases the Landclass and Vectors.

I can't wait for FTX to release the light utility. I would like the lights to be a little smaller.

After some thought I've decided to give the Realair Duke V2 the Award for add-on of the year.

I know that we are still in October, and who am I to give such an Award, but this bird has everything I look for in an FSX addon:

Great visuals!

Amazing realism!

Plane feels real!

The lighting is fantastic.

Several beautiful looking liveries!

Easy GNS 530 & 430 integration!

Outstanding developer support!

and the upgrade price was a steal.

I honestly never thought that the Lancair could ever be replaced as my favorite GA.

Thank you Realair and I'm looking forward to your 172N.

I was wondering about this....I got as far as the buy pages and have not yet pressed it.  It does look very nice.  Thanks for this.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

ORBX FTX Global. If I could choose just one addon, this would be it.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

FTXG would probably win for AOTY because it changed the whole sim.  FSX feels and looks much better with the ORBX TEXTURES.

Scenery: FTX Global and overall winner

Aircraft: A2A's C172, Honorable Mention: Dino C's F-35 for VRS Tacpack.

Honorable Mention Weather: FSGRW

Honorable Mention Utilities: DX10Fixer