Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

My Addon of the year Award goes to

Wow, this year's nominees have really made it hard to pin down one thing for app of the year. 

It's very close from me between the PMDG 777 and Majestic Q400. But I think I'll have to give the slight edge to the Q400. For me it has a slightly better immersion factor. And the performance of it is superb

Should have different categories:

Scenery FTX:Global

Airliner: PMDG T7

Regional A/C: Majestic Q400

G/A : A2A C172

Flight Planning: PFPX

Utility: DX10 fixer

Honorable mention: Aerosoft Twin Otter - Don't know where it fits in but I sure like it.

If I was forced to pick only one it would have to be the Majestic Q400 there is just nothing to compare. Time to give it to someone else besides PMDG :P 

Edit: I know theres a lot of RealAir supporters as well but I don't have it as I barely have enough time to fly the others. I'm sure it's fantastic too. Since it's an updated model maybee "best upgrade" or something for it 

FTXG is winning the race so far. I dont have it although I have all of Orbx regions.

Its odd that no one has voted the T777 as the best of the best, sure its mentioned but its not standing ,interesting..

ZORAN

FTXG I hope is the winner

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Although I really like what FTXG does, I can't really nominate it as my addon of the year. It is, of course very difficult to choose one proudct only, as this has definitely been one of the best years regarding FSX addons, there have been released so many much anticipated products that it is actually hard to remember what has been released in the past few months.

As much as I am concerned, I would say the best addon is the Aerosoft Airbus X, it is really nice in the current version (although it was originally released last year, I would count it here, as the original release was quite buggy, and all the important fixes were made only this year) or - if that does not count - probably Skiathos.

This could be simple if the product would work without flaws. It would be without hesitation a Sibwings An-2. A wonderful immersion and feel - but, its core component .dll is a bit unfinished and crashes the sim, so the nomination goes for the...

Lionheart Fairchild 24. That's the plane I've logged most hours this year.

I have to give the award to three add-ons:

- FTX Global ( although I am not using it anymore ... )

- A2A's C172

- RealAir Duke v2

- PMDG 777

( the Q-400 is on my list )

Just a note on why not using FTX Global - because I am using just the default scenery in FSX. Since I can't afford better hardware to run my sim, I have to be sure all of the available "processing power" goes to those sophisticated modules that run when I "fly" the T7...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have to give the award to three add-ons:

- FTX Global ( although I am not using it anymore ... )

- A2A's C172

- RealAir Duke v2

- PMDG 777

( the Q-400 is on my list )

Just a note on why not using FTX Global - because I am using just the default scenery in FSX. Since I can't afford better hardware to run my sim, I have to be sure all of the available "processing power" goes to those sophisticated modules that run when I "fly" the T7...

This may sound silly JC, but you will get better performance using Global, as the default is not optimised.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Mine is FTXG. Been back to places I haven't been to since... dunno, the first one with a Lear I think. So many more places to go.

Mine is the DX10 Fixer. But I'm not a big fan of detailed large airport so the third party developer support to DX10 is not an issue..

Really enjoyed the sim much more since installed....

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

This could be simple if the product would work without flaws. It would be without hesitation a Sibwings An-2. A wonderful immersion and feel - but, its core component .dll is a bit unfinished and crashes the sim

bummer, wanted to buy it next.

I thought the crashes only occurs when exiting the flight and only for a handful of people ? well I guess I was mistaken.

Also is it true that the only 2 sources of ifr instruments are not working correctly/bugged ?

Like adf is bugged, but I read from the dev it's already fixed for the next update, but who knows when it comes ...

Also the 3 instruments which show your heading don't show the correct heading but deviate from 10 to 20 degrees depending on you flightlevel ? The higher the less accurate ?

With those bugs ifr would be just impossible or is this only one case ?

would be strange that people fly in the wrong heading by 20 degrees of the compass and only one noticed it 4-5 months after release.

And since the devs haven't said a word about it I guess it won't be fixed in the near future ?

Of course you can press shift+z or popup a 2d gps panel to verify the heading you are flying, but that would be not good enough for me.

Also can you fly it on vatsim without a transponder ?

But my list would contain:

PMDG 777

Majestic Q400

A2A C172

Realair Duke v2

FTX Global

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Steve's DX10 Fixer followed by FTXG.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

This may sound silly JC

It actually doesn't sound silly, because that was the impression I got when I installed and tried it. Then, on a recent FSX re-install, primarily done for the sake of being able to run PMDG's 777, I decided not to install FTX Global, but I'm affraid it really provides better performance than the default!

Thx for pointing it out!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...