Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

My Addon of the year Award goes to

Skiathos X & Southhampton makes the list for great airports. There are many more including KMIA v2 & KSAN. But there's one that has received many great reviews:

LHS LHBP

I know that the Norway Package was released a long time ago, but I just discoved this brillian freware (thanks J van E!)

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just a note on why not using FTX Global - because I am using just the default scenery in FSX. Since I can't afford better hardware to run my sim, I have to be sure all of the available "processing power" goes to those sophisticated modules that run when I "fly" the T7...

FTXG had zero impact on my frame rates.  Started at 29-30 at KSEA with GEX, ended at 29-30 at KSEA with FTXG.  That's with UTX, GSX, REX, UT2, etc. 

Ernest Pergrem

I know what i won't be voting for, FTXG, LOL. No interest in it.

For me,

DX10 fixer

A2A 172

and Dinos F-35 freeware

Best, Michael

KDFW

Taxi2Gate MMMX Xtreme.

PMDG 777

Majestic Q400

PFPX

I've heard some really good reviews also about LHSim LHBP. May pick it up on Friday. 

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

bummer, wanted to buy it next.

I thought the crashes only occurs when exiting the flight and only for a handful of people ? well I guess I was mistaken."

By all means, take your chance. I was speaking only on my behalf. I belong to that handful. Visit the Sibwings forum, you'll get the hang of it. Much wiser guys than me have found out the flaws in that dll. I wonder what' s wrong with me, but I' ve had lots of fun starting up that lady, that manual fuel pump and those hesitant first coughs of that radial...

Taxi2Gate MMMX Xtreme.

PMDG 777

Majestic Q400

PFPX

I've heard some really good reviews also about LHSim LHBP. May pick it up on Friday. 

Just buy LHSim LHBP. It's just awesome.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

By all means, take your chance. I was speaking only on my behalf. I belong to that handful. Visit the Sibwings forum, you'll get the hang of it. Much wiser guys than me have found out the flaws in that dll. I wonder what' s wrong with me, but I' ve had lots of fun starting up that lady, that manual fuel pump and those hesitant first coughs of that radial...

well just bought it ... not that it costs as much as a pmdg aircraft :P

just did one short flight and I can understand why some might consider it for the addon of the year award.

but it did handle much harder than I thought ...

keeping it on a straigt line was really hard for me but at least I did a cold and dark to landing without much troubles.

will definitely keep an eye on it and maybe I will also recommend it for an award.

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

I will be purchasing the dx10 fixer very shortly but based on talk and I have been simming since the lates 90's, this is a beautiful program that Steve has developed for he flight sim community.!!!~!!!! Kudos

Anyone have the Flight1 King Air? Sort of went under the radar with so many big summer releases. I'm wondering if it competes with all the addons here.

It's probably one of the best addons available for fax

Its fantastic

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thank you Realair and I'm looking forward to your 172N.

Is it confirmed that it's a 172N? I was wondering which one they would do.

I'd like to agree with the OP about the Duke V2, I did my first flight today with it and it's fantastic, but there are so many great sounding addons this year, the vast majority I don't have yet. My credit card can't keep up.

Barry Friedman

I've got to go with the OP - I'm absolutely loving the RealAir v2 Duke.  It's really hit my sweet spot for planes.

For scenery, I'd still go with Orbx SAK.

My best flightsim purchase so far this year, however, isn't even a sim product.  It's ForeFlight, a real world app.  I can't imagine flying without it now.

Scott

1. Intel i7 4770k
2. Nvidia GTX 780
3. Samsung 60" Plasma!

:lol:

No really:

A2A 172

Milviz 737-200c

and I second Dino's F35 for best freeware ever!

Don't have PMDG 777, Q400 or FTXG but I beat they are great.

PMDG 737 is still the all time winner for me until I see something better.

But by the end of the year P3D V2 is going to be the biggest Buzz of the year!

Q400! Proving you can build a complicated airliner without an FPS hit!

For people like me with all 2.2 ghz labtop it is a game changer!

(Working on getting a more powerful system though).

2nd is the A2A C172! Awesome! FSX reeaalllyy needed a well done C172 and A2A out did themselves.

Still, this has been a remarkable year with many great add ons which I might not have now,

Like FTX Global, AXE, but will once I get a new system!

B.