Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Update on Freeze problems

Hi

On my last two flights in the T7 I have had a freeze during each flight. Both times I have been flying from Gatwick to the Maldives. The first freeze was for a small period and then later(about six hours into the flight) I had a crash to desktop. I was away from the computer when the CTD occurred and an automatic download had started from Earth Simulations and as I use AS 2012 I assumed that this download had caused the CTD.

Today I tried the same flight again and I left the computer when in the cruise(approx 30 mins after take off). I could hear the sounds so I assumed the flight was progressing normally so I didn't check the computer for two hours. On coming back I could see that the elapsed time was 1:02 and FSX was frozen. Therefore it was frozen for 90 mins. I could not unfreeze FSX so I shut it down.

I have followed all the advice re OOM and VAS and had disabled all my UK2000 airports and FS Global. I was using VOX ATC with AI traffic at approx 12%. I have a special saved settings for the T7 where all AI traffic is set to zero.

On the issue tracking thread I read the following " Long pauses where the sim recovers after 30 seconds to a few minutes."

I was wondering if this covers unrecoverable freezes? and also if any progress has been made in solving this problem.

Unrecoverable freezes are not something we're specifically looking into unless it's something you can reliably reproduce and give us instructions and/or a saved flight so that we can see how it's happening in the debugger.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com