Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

EGBB to OMDB and Memory errors

Hi all,

So since the 777 came out I have done a number of flights from Birmingham to Dubai EGBB to OMDB to test my plane thoroughly and out of about 6 or 7 flights I have landed once fine, had two "Your computer has run out of available memory" on landing, and today as I turned off the runway. Another out of memory on the downwind leg while approaching Dubai and I forget the others. 

I have followed all the advice in setting up the 777 to work properly but can't work out if this is being caused by the 777 or the scenery which is FlyTampa Dubai. I have REX running but cloud textures at 1024 not HD textures. 

I have Windows7, 64bit with 8gb ram and virtual memory set to 16,000 to 32,000 so would have thought that was plenty.

One thought struck me, as I was reading the post here on the skeleton effect when changing to outside views, and the effort of drawing all that external aircraft, I notice that before the skin is drawn, there is a complete interior drawn first. This must be a drain on resources for the already overworked PC! Is there any way to do away with the interior textures and in effect just have an empty shell with a VC at the front?

Just some thoughts. But if anyone has any ideas on the "Your computer has run out of available memory" I'd like to hear your comments. Is this PMDG problem or FlyTampa?

Regards

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Changing your virtual memory has nothing to do with OOM and will not help and to answer your question about the cabin go to the Simobjects/airplanes/PMDG777-200LR/Model/ and open model.cfg.

Then add 2 slashes so it looks like this

[models]
//normal=PMDG_777_200LR.MDL
interior=PMDG_777_VC

The problem with this is that it will not draw the aircraft at all but it may help with your OOM.

There are frankly loads of threads in here about OOM I suggest you search. Nothing that will be said in here has not been already said I suspect.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I have Windows7, 64bit with 8gb ram and virtual memory set to 16,000 to 32,000 so would have thought that was plenty.

What on earth are you talking about????

As for your OOME problem - your scenery is leaking memory. Find all the landclass files in the scenery, and put them in their own dedicated scenery folder as if they were totally seperate scenery. There is a memory leak bug in FSX that you are encountering.

e.g. If the landclass files are located in:

Add-On Scenery\OMDB\scenery

Then create a new folder:

Add-On Scenery\OMDBLC

In that new folder, ONLY create a folder called scenery; DO NOT create a texture folder here!!

Move (do NOT copy) the landclass files to this new scenery folder.

Add the new scenery area to FSX, and make sure it appears immediately below the OMDB scenery.

Memory leak fixed.

Best regards,

Robin.

Hi Robin,

Could you explain more what file types are these landclass files?

Personnally, I have only "bgl" files in this dubai scenery folder, so what files are to be moved?

Regards.

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

What on earth are you talking about????

As for your OOME problem - your scenery is leaking memory. Find all the landclass files in the scenery, and put them in their own dedicated scenery folder as if they were totally seperate scenery. There is a memory leak bug in FSX that you are encountering.

e.g. If the landclass files are located in:

Add-On Scenery\OMDB\scenery

Then create a new folder:

Add-On Scenery\OMDBLC

In that new folder, ONLY create a folder called scenery; DO NOT create a texture folder here!!

Move (do NOT copy) the landclass files to this new scenery folder.

Add the new scenery area to FSX, and make sure it appears immediately below the OMDB scenery.

Memory leak fixed.

Best regards,

Robin.

Worst advice I've ever heard. Great for errors when your landclass file in its own dedicated scenery folder is desperately calling for all the textures and models nowhere to be found since they are now in a separate scenery folder.

The OP needs to post his fsx.cfg file and also name any addon scenery and AI they run. That will help figuring out the problem which usually ends up being corrupted ai textures or duplicate afcads. Sometimes addon scenery like Aerosoft has problems, download the latest versions and check for any extra updates in their support section.

Right off the top of my head I recall Aerosoft EBBR and LFPG having errors causing oom in previous versions. Also AI aircraft many times have corrupted lightmaps or incorrectly sized textures.

I'm replying because I feel for you.  On my first PMDG 777 flight from KSFO to OMDB I got a OOM error on final, then again on my second attempt of the same flight near same place on final.

After the second OOM error I knew I had to readjust some stuff.  As I never had OOM errors with any PMDG software before or any other add-on for that matter.

So what I did was lower LOD back to 4.5 (Some have boarder-line cried about the possibility having to do this)

Lowered cloud res from 4096 down to 1024 (no biggie and I see you've done this as well)

and lowered autogen down one from max

I also use the tip the James tossed out in the first post, but this was after I already corrected the problem.  It may work on OOM errors, but I did as I saw some extra frames.

Since doing what I've done I've had many long haul and ultra long haul flights no problems and not one OOM error since then.  A look at your FSX.cfg would help as someone else said.

Good luck.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies,

I don't seem to get these problems with any other aircraft, and also if I fly a shorter route with the 777 to Dubai, this problem doesn't happen either. I have once had this happen at FlyTampa's Kai Tak scenery so maybe it's partly something with that companies scenery, but as it doesn't happen with other planes I thought it might be caused by the 777. I guess I should try a long route to another airport by a different scenery developer and see if the same thing happens! 

My scenery is FlyTampa, Dubai, with any updates that they have produced to date.

Below is my FSX cfg file. 

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432
D3D10=0
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=0
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
HIGHMEMFIX=1
[sOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
SOUND_FADER1=0.500000
SOUND_FADER2=0.500000
SOUND_FADER3=0.500000
SOUND_FADER4=0.500000
AmbientUIMusic=FSX01
PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=0
UISound=1
AmbientUI=0
[Display]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64
NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64
InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoBrakesEnable=True
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
InfoOverspeedEnable=True
BLOOM_EFFECTS=0
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=33
WideViewAspect=True
[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
ProcSpeed=6172
PerfBucket=7
Location=0,0,1920,1080,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=0
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33
[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
DEFAULT_VIEW=0
QUICKTIPS=1
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0
[Weather]
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1
MinGustTime=10
MaxGustTime=500
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MinVarTime=5
MaxVarTime=50
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com
WeatherServerPort=80
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
DynamicWeather=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=1
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=8
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.0]
Mode=1920x1080x32
Anisotropic=1
[CONTROLS]
Controls_Default=Standard
Controls_Current=Standard
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64
[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
GForce=1,3
FuelPercentage=1,4
[TextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
GForce=2,3
FuelPercentage=2,4
[slewTextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
[slewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
[slewTextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
[Trusted]
C:\Flight Simulator\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.bobhllcnenulabzacbrwwbukizwkhllauteentob=1
C:\Flight Simulator\bglmanx.dll.kwccweathukbieazolcanqlzautkhirlekabbnoc=1
C:\Flight Simulator\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.rqobtcaulbtqnnaarannnrqlionczzurrqlwiqth=1
C:\Flight Simulator\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.zocaboktknireztaialcetletwluktzbulcweaqb=1
C:\Flight Simulator\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.lohwrbqcabbrcueoachnzcibbrahlnwnhichtktb=1
C:\Flight Simulator\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.olqozcatrkeilrohwietebokzlehnbenraqrtbub=1
C:\Flight Simulator\Modules\A2A_Feel.dll.uqknhrtoawruwbbubbnnuhontcoquzclwalqwtet=1
C:\Flight Simulator\Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll.ozicqkctcukwiinrouzzouwaaazcewczutnouilr=1
C:\Flight Simulator\A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll.ckrwwuzttnuithhzwlbeqkclqhwnnbqzwokkzoec=1
C:\Flight Simulator\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.irwnectewkweacocwwhuqorolonrhhebhzalknac=1
C:\Flight Simulator\Captain_Sim\707\cs.sound.dll.ihlczicuetlnutaoukuhzoltolazerechbkrtqor=1
C:\Flight Simulator\Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll.lwzizzktbbcuawhikakttwnbcllrioeriucunonb=1
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\QWBae146.GAU.rhrbnccnztrbkrhebtcebnzatctutquhornlciho=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\QwBAe146_TCAS.GAU.aocqaeuriltaneuwcqtinbihlezoboaczzroeqwq=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\C3401.GAU.awnawbtoanzibqkbkkrrklrztonbecnctqnceqiw=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\WX_Gauge340.DLL.hqatuiiebwhrlwoqkbciobwlqnhcnqzcohzabiql=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\C340PRESS.GAU.qclrlhcwrneuizeqnlnacluewuecwkqrlntllqrc=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\C340PRESS2.DLL.nibnuzkbcnkqiuzlwzcqobutihwhuuknnbwcilow=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\C3403.GAU.erneeriozbiuwbatuikzoahkqccbluzhhonzlcct=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\C3402.GAU.ewbouhrnziorltauakrtboeoozlzrcekkzuacncz=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\RadioADF.GAU.rakninnueqeuwkqkrrrctaqhtoqnawaaeleboqrq=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_TUNDRA\panel\ASC.DLL.ocrnbnqtzroaktoquonnwctnihnuqeoziclanqhw=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\panel\mjc84_main.DLL.cznutbbwcwrehinnctzhhhukqzrnkabolobkiwce=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\Virtavia_Sound.GAU.urbcwuuwtclwkqoikowhokiiznoweicrenllhuow=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.rzwezwktolwwnkbebqlownatikeiikarqcrchlna=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.iqqhhnzrbuwcwrcczwtzzabcluzkbkqbhwqaubau=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.oratbewbhioihnirkukkcqtiwioucnizlwreawwe=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\Flight1_BN2_kln90a.GAU.ntnqotkbiuqktlckqtceerkoqirozkrabihowull=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3.DLL.naknizbuochzkrocrqnznknrlllhkltkneliqeqt=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_BAe_JS4100.DLL.trcwnlwrwenrlwrkthbitqcairqahebzwlezzinh=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.eokccthbiboeqqtnnzilwocheruhnriazqkahcwl=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL.cwnukqqnizwheoruqklhzwblarolzanhkhrauutb=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\Qw757.GAU.rclunqrckqwhltuahbbohnzhtbehiktkzhkqqcee=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\Qw757_TCAS.GAU.innwqalhholwbouboctbeezwabliqtoqlartnlok=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft OV-10A - TRAINING AIRFORCE\panel\ASC.DLL.krrcrobwwknwhizcrbrcbaiwazrbnqnnazencthw=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_MD11.DLL.ikaikleorecezqcqehtkbenwbahitobheuiwlici=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_MD11_ACS.DLL.bwuauzeutluquqbqrciiboetrwkorinruwhhcheo=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B707-300\panel\Captain_Sim.x707.sys.GAU.hobktozhcuthhhqtzenoqtkbhhaanuwretoozoqt=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B707-300\panel\Captain_Sim.x707.sound.GAU.aeceuekracaettonlnnzennztwhbkbnkckacnaru=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\../civa/INS.GAU.ltlkhttitukkhucbhihicztetankqwiubazaqlhn=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B707-300\panel\Captain_Sim.x707.WXR.DLL.ztbkzcinahtabwlquokcebbqowlqowhnzqnuurto=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B707-300\panel\Captain_Sim.x707.menu.DLL.laikrnaetohncwlzuctuzbeecieqwotabqehtrba=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B707-300\panel\Captain_Sim.x707.dns.GAU.lnhztaieocarourhhboauuqqtetzcieqbqcraqrz=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Main.DLL.caauwitktrannheiuquzwwnehkboeeiicqitlcin=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_ACS.DLL.toqeiczhnlrinwkbtwozqrirnitkcehzeioobwnu=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Overhead.DLL.hbkbqwqqruoqwbtktwauraqitqlioebotqkcqwil=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_747400_Center.DLL.cezlirillthqqrhchhuihezqzrqtalktrkaoerta=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\JFL1011_FSX_SOUND.DLL.tucontoeowoqzicbrhbbhokthwrbthcqhbwbkhac=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\dsd_fsx_fuel_dump.DLL.rcnceqclhrbaerihruiaqihkbiruninaqktzaoce=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_Tristar\panel.500_INS\jf_l1011.GAU.lntnntqhluuqrtailnkhzqonechraqrqwhzhlckc=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_Tristar\panel.500_INS\jf_l1011_wipers.GAU.icahahhbukktczanzliuttwhninkzueneqblllbn=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\A2A_Accusim.DLL.tialeuqbncrlllcukwwknewebkwleilarlubzzor=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_P51D\panel\P51.DLL.hkiowhzhkntotelqrnlaqoaaozrwtbcicaribekr=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3\panel\A2A_PiperJ3s.DLL.owqobthaweouonttraaicowhklcklwbhktcacrza=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_PiperJ3\panel\A2A_PiperSound.DLL.lnnlccierhutqolelkaunzqtbkrktuincowbrick=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.rolouebwhteewkeuhheqecluhlinkauqqzzizitu=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP2_b17g\panel\WoP3_B17s.DLL.bucuoluotuzthwuiubqnirbnezooaebuueibbebr=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP2_b17g\panel\A2A_B17Sound.DLL.zuwhccnlruilnacutncaabiccctrbuteqtoukule=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\GCCB1.GAU.erneeriozbiuwbatuikzoahkqccbluzhhonzlcct=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\WX_Gauge.DLL.aeuclcnhazkqrznabreuzibeztbbzhruqliekcbq=2
C:\Flight Simulator\Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll.wnhibhinnhkzhtzeinqhentzwbocrllalqkwocuq=1
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_FLOAT\panel\ASC.DLL.ocrnbnqtzroaktoquonnwctnihnuqeoziclanqhw=2
C:\Flight Simulator\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll.cncuokaeqoairrohoiubttcnewrokrakarqauzuw=1
C:\Flight Simulator\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.actacqttuhlwueorcrlttbuerzhhwukhkablknea=1
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_777X.DLL.qanaoeaahibencelwqiikklcbnthzllboahqioir=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\PMDG_777X_3.DLL.kwkoeohlaitwiwoochqbqronalkaaorhbunhhrkh=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\A2A_Accusim.DLL.ibwnrlinucnrawztzokbkbawabticbanitzbctke=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\panel\C172.DLL.cetthhwewqqzahbebtornruhtwaiokuiehzzbooq=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\panel\C172_Illumination.DLL.wlnwzlkkzqtkhuqbzuuotoiawhbbcbuahuuhtitq=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.zotbtoizbhuqawkklkkqrnbbnrlnhthbctokkrww=2
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.rnaoznzktrqrtaboatirzuluntolhtcnwkkzbcen=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSDS3 HS.748\panel\F16.GAU.qnznwiearociwhzrtwlqultaukzcebzcuilnuaoz=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL\panel\ASC.DLL.ocrnbnqtzroaktoquonnwctnihnuqeoziclanqhw=2
C:\Flight Simulator\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.ukkqrkqkwrlkhiaaeeucqkquztuotzrchbakwwno=1
C:\Flight Simulator\GAUGES\QWBae146_2.GAU.noucaowataiilnqkeqceicnuenwhknbqwzraziur=2
C:\Flight Simulator\Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll.brlilqhokewiaunbbzrclaqatwiqlrqkinkkewwa=1
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_Tristar_RAF\panel.500_INS\jf_l1011.GAU.lntnntqhluuqrtailnkhzqonechraqrqwhzhlckc=2
C:\Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_Tristar_RAF\panel.500_INS\jf_l1011_wipers.GAU.icahahhbukktczanzliuttwhninkzueneqblllbn=2
[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000
[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=0
[uSERINTERFACE]
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
SelectAircraftPublisher=All
SelectAircraftType=All
PageID=6
OpenATCOnCreate=0
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
SITUATION=C:\Users\User\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Default Flight 7-9-13
Map_Orientation=2
DisplayFuelAsWeight=1
[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.1]
Mode=1280x1024x32
[ATC]
ShowATCText=1
COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF
COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6
COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B
COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00
COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1
UsePilotVoice=1
PilotVoice=0
[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0
[sCENERY]
LENSFLARE=0
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5
[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=20
GADensity=20
FreewayDensity=10
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=12
LeisureBoatsDensity=10
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0
[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=79
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=4
[AContain]
ShowLabels=1
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=1
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000
[iNTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=0
MEASURE=0
[REALISM]
PFactor=1.000000
Torque=1.000000
GyroEffect=1.000000
CrashTolerance=1.000000
General=1.000000
UnlimitedFuel=False
TrueAirspeed=False
AutoCoord=False
RealMixture=True
StressDamage=False
GEffect=False
ManualLights=True
GyroDrift=False
CrashWithDyn=False
CrashDetection=True
AutoTrim=False
[sIM]
SYSCLOCK=1
[sTARTUP]
DEMO=0
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1
STARTUP_DEMO=
LoadWindow=1
[FACILITIES]
COUNTRY=
STATE=
CITY=
GTL_BUTTON=1254
[Misc]
Com_Rate=7
[bufferPools]
BufferPools=1
PoolSize=5000000
[MAPVIEW_MAP]
SHOW_AIRPORTS=1
SHOW_VORS=1
SHOW_NDBS=1
SHOW_APPROACHES=0
SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0
SHOW_VICTOR=0
SHOW_JET=0
SHOW_AIRSPACE=1
SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1
SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1
SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1
SHOW_DATATAGS=1
SHOW_TERRAIN=1
show_flight_history=1
[FlightPlanMap]
LineWidth=2
SHOW_AIRPORTS=1
SHOW_VORS=1
SHOW_NDBS=1
SHOW_APPROACHES=1
SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1
SHOW_VICTOR=0
SHOW_JET=0
SHOW_AIRSPACE=1
SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1
SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1
SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1
SHOW_DATATAGS=1
SHOW_TERRAIN=1
show_waypoints=1
show_airways=1
show_markers=1
show_volume_boundaries=1
show_ac_twr=1
[MULTIPLAYER]
condAccoutPassword=0

Any suggestions folks would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Do i remember correctly when i say that disable your other scenerys along the route to your final destination will free up some memory as FSX loads these in memory ?

Havent tried myself yet but i will try it as i get OOM with default settings in the PMDG777 and DX10 on longer flights (KLAX-LFPG) (EGLL-OMDB)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi all,

So since the 777 came out I have done a number of flights from Birmingham to Dubai EGBB to OMDB to test my plane thoroughly and out of about 6 or 7 flights I have landed once fine, had two "Your computer has run out of available memory" on landing, and today as I turned off the runway. Another out of memory on the downwind leg while approaching Dubai and I forget the others.

I have followed all the advice in setting up the 777 to work properly but can't work out if this is being caused by the 777 or the scenery which is FlyTampa Dubai. I have REX running but cloud textures at 1024 not HD textures.

One thought struck me, as I was reading the post here on the skeleton effect when changing to outside views, and the effort of drawing all that external aircraft, I notice that before the skin is drawn, there is a complete interior drawn first. This must be a drain on resources for the already overworked PC! Is there any way to do away with the interior textures and in effect just have an empty shell with a VC at the front?

Just some thoughts. But if anyone has any ideas on the "Your computer has run out of available memory" I'd like to hear your comments. Is this PMDG problem or FlyTampa?

Regards

Have you used process explorer to monitor your VAS usage on this flight yet? You will be shocked at how much it jumps up as soon as flytampa Dubai loads up, don't forget it's not just the airport that loads with this scenery it's the whole area of Dubai.

Also is your OOM error message from FSX or is it a windows OOM error?

Jason Dilley

Do i remember correctly when i say that disable your other scenerys along the route to your final destination will free up some memory as FSX loads these in memory ?

Yes. The best remedy to date. Use scenery config editor and enable only the scenery you dep from and arrive at.

Since moving to DX10 and using scfg editor, I  have had not one OOM. I did a flight just the other day from FSDT CYVR to UK2000 EGLL, and landed with 700MB of free VAS. They were the only  two airports enabled, and I have a lot. My scenery cfg is up to 411 entries.

Worst advice I've ever heard. Great for errors when your landclass file in its own dedicated scenery folder is desperately calling for all the textures and models nowhere to be found since they are now in a separate scenery folder.

Absolutely. What a nightmare that would be. One mistake you will never find it. Not good advice as some users would get tied up in knots doing it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Michael Moe, on 21 Oct 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:
Yes. The best remedy to date. Use scenery config editor and enable only the scenery you dep from and arrive at.

Since moving to DX10 and using scfg editor, I have had not one OOM. I did a flight just the other day from FSDT CYVR to UK2000 EGLL, and landed with 700MB of free VAS. They were the only two airports enabled, and I have a lot. My scenery cfg is up to 411 entries.

[...] Since moving to DX10 and using scfg editor, I have had not one OOM [...]

+10000000000000000!

DX10 and a proper use of the scenery config.tool is the way to go for me as well!

No OOM ever since i use this combo on my sim with PMDG's great 777!

I also consider this blog entry always worth reading when it comes down to OOM's and FSX:

https://#####.wordpress.com/fsx-oom-and-addon-vas-usage/

If switching to DX10 is no option (although i - again saying - consider it the best way to go within FSX nowadays - especially when airliners such as the great 777 here are the prime choice of aircraft in FSX!) - then turning off various sceneris in the FSX scenery library (and nowhere else!) as suggested right above ad by using the scenery config tool, sure is a real great thing to do to help avoiding OOM's!

And sure:

TextureMax load in the fsx.cfg must not be more than 2048 (maybe even not more than 1024!)

And LOD shoul be kept at 4,5 - a compromise maybe - but the best way to go at least in my opinion - to stay clear of OOM's in FSX - at least as long as running under DX9!

But again - also considering switching to DX10 may really be worth it, if OOM's should be kept away as well as possible!

Cheers, Christoph

[...] Since moving to DX10 and using scfg editor, I have had not one OOM [...]

+10000000000000000!

DX10 and a proper use of the scenery config.tool is the way to go for me as well!

No OOM ever since i use this combo on my sim with PMDG's great 777!

I also consider this blog entry always worth reading when it comes down to OOM's and FSX:

https://#####.wordpress.com/fsx-oom-and-addon-vas-usage/

If switching to DX10 is no option (although i - again saying - consider it the best way to go within FSX nowadays - especially when airliners such as the great 777 here are the prime choice of aircraft in FSX!) - then turning off various sceneris in the FSX scenery library (and nowhere else!) as suggested right above ad by using the scenery config tool, sure is a real great thing to do to help avoiding OOM's!

And sure:

TextureMax load in the fsx.cfg must not be more than 2048 (maybe even not more than 1024!)

And LOD shoul be kept at 4,5 - a compromise maybe - but the best way to go at least in my opinion - to stay clear of OOM's in FSX - at least as long as running under DX9!

But again - also considering switching to DX10 may really be worth it, if OOM's should be kept away as well as possible!

Cheers, Christoph

Also VAS around the 4GB limit can be a huge FPS/stutter experience  . I can have up to -10fps on longhauls vs a short flight to the same approach 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Before you go messing with cfg and all that you may just need to clean your registry. I all of a sudden started getting OOM problems and did some checking around and on advice I cleaned and repaired my registry and have not had a problem since. I didn't mess with my FSX at all.