Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan23

Tweak suggestions?

Yea that was the guide that I found. And I did I think all of those except for the Affinitymask setting because I have 6 cores I didn't know what to put. 

The Affinity Mask for 6 cores (hyperthreading off) is 62.

Road traffic etc. is a factor in low FPS. I personally don't use them, but if you want them, I would keep them as low as you can.

As far as AI, I think this depends on whose you are using, for instance 20% MT Pro 5.4 is a lot different to 20% UT2. Whichever you use though, the % can make a huge difference to your frames on the ground and can be a large contributor to stutters while taxiing.

There is so much controversy over frame rate liming, I personally use the FSX internal limiter and notice a much smaller fluctuation.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If at any point you notice blurry ground textures, try limiting the fps within FSX itself and turn off the NI limiter.

Texture loading is better with this choice..

Bert

The Affinity Mask for 6 cores (hyperthreading off) is 62.

I have hyper threading on. No idea how to turn it off.  Thank you though for the answer. 

Road traffic etc. is a factor in low FPS. I personally don't use them, but if you want them, I would keep them as low as you can.

As far as AI, I think this depends on whose you are using, for instance 20% MT Pro 5.4 is a lot different to 20% UT2. Whichever you use though, the % can make a huge difference to your frames on the ground and can be a large contributor to stutters while taxiing.

There is so much controversy over frame rate liming, I personally use the FSX internal limiter and notice a much smaller fluctuation.

Regards,

Yea I think I will go and lower the traffic because I actually didn't pay much attention to it. I just guessed at 70% for the airline traffic and at LAX it looked like the whole airport was full of planes and even had a bunch of planes in random parking spots around the airport. So I am thinking that is to high. 

I was using the FSX limiter to 30 FPS before I DL'd the inspector. So I guess I could have both at 30 and see what happens. I do know though that there were a couple instances where the FPS did drop while taxiing to around 14 for a brief moment then went right back up to over 20 but this was while I was in the VC. If I was in any other view the FPS were at like I think between 30-35. 

Turn it off in the BIOS

Yea I think I know how to get there. I have to do it on start up of the computer.

Do not use both an internal and external limiter!

Either - or

Ok so I will set the FSX limit to unlimited as that is what did that test with and it seemed ok so I will stick with that. 

Well I have done all the tweaks and everything and ran all the programs together and at LAX in the PMDG I was getting about 22 FPS in the VC. Once I taxied away from the terminal it moved up to closer to 30 and then flying it was around 38-42 so I think it's good to go.

I really do appreciate all the help so many of you have given me as I setup everything!!

Now the only issue I have yet to solve is the Ezdok issue and I am at a total loss for how to try and fix that. I read the manual I deleted all the keys Ezdok needs in FSX so they are not tied together at all. No matter what I do I cant switch views unless I hit the different views with the mouse on the ezdok addon. If I can fix that somehow I think the FSX experience would be perfect for me.

Well I think I spoke to soon. I loaded up another flight with everything loaded like last time but this time the weather was different and it was very cloudy and almost no visibility and the FPS dropped from 20 in the VC down to 8!!!!! 

Now is that all because of the weather or did I mess something up??

Well I think I spoke to soon. I loaded up another flight with everything loaded like last time but this time the weather was different and it was very cloudy and almost no visibility and the FPS dropped from 20 in the VC down to 8!!!!! 

Now is that all because of the weather or did I mess something up??

FSX is a strange animal. It can depend on a lot of variables, for instance, dragging your mouse pointer across the screen can give you quite a hit and if you are already dealing with heavy weather and looking right at the terminal in an add on airport like say KLAX, it can make quite a difference. Most times though, as soon as you are away on the taxiway and on to airborne, or fiddling with FMC input, it improves. Try to keep your mouse pointer buried right up into the top left corner of your screen as much as possible.

In general, if you are setting up for a flight in the high end add on airports or flying into them, you are going to get these dips in frames now and again. It's normal, don't let anybody kid you. If you are getting pretty good performance as a whole and you are reasonably smooth, turn off your frames counter and enjoy your flights.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

FSX is a strange animal. It can depend on a lot of variables, for instance, dragging your mouse pointer across the screen can give you quite a hit and if you are already dealing with heavy weather and looking right at the terminal in an add on airport like say KLAX, it can make quite a difference. Most times though, as soon as you are away on the taxiway and on to airborne, or fiddling with FMC input, it improves. Try to keep your mouse pointer buried right up into the top left corner of your screen as much as possible.

In general, if you are setting up for a flight in the high end add on airports or flying into them, you are going to get these dips in frames now and again. It's normal, don't let anybody kid you. If you are getting pretty good performance as a whole and you are reasonably smooth, turn off your frames counter and enjoy your flights.

Regards,

I think I really messed something up. I just loaded up same everything and this time the FPS dropped to 6. It has never been this low like ever. All the graphics settings are the same from earlier when I was getting 20 FPS with the same situations. 

I think I really messed something up. I just loaded up same everything and this time the FPS dropped to 6. It has never been this low like ever. All the graphics settings are the same from earlier when I was getting 20 FPS with the same situations.

Last I heard you should set your 30 frame rate limit in FSX and turn off any frame rate limiting in nvidia inspector.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

What happens if you clear the weather?  Back to normal?

Bert

For a Hex core CPU if using an Affinity Mask setting in the cfg the ones generally used are AM=62 for HT off or 1364 with HT on.

Don't bother turning HT off. Just leave it on and use affinity mask 1364. It's effectively the same thing and other programs you use may benefit from HT (FSX doesn't).

There are other Affinity Mask settings that can be used but I'm not fully across these. SAAB340 is probably you're expert there.

The only real reason to turn HT off would be if you wanted to overclock higher and your temperatures were limiting you. Turning HT off would reduce the temps, but also reduce performance in apps that can make use of HT.