Hello All,

I am having a nagging issue with my VRInsight CDU II, which looks like other folks have had it as well.  In a review post, the author noted "The only remark I have here is that the CDU II sometimes sends double inputs to the pc upon pushing a button only once.  Sometimes annoying, but nothing terrible."

Here's a link to a YouTube video showing it happen.  At 2:13 (ish), you will see the user enter "LFMP", but it puts two L's in place.  This also happens with the CLR and DEL keys, which you can understand why THAT gets a bit difficult for someone, especially a newbie at working with the PMDG 737 NGX FMS like me.

http://youtu.be/aLjFdRGudXl?t=2m13s

Also, here is the review I refer to earlier in the post:

http://www.simflight.com/2012/08/12/vr-insight-cdu-ii/

Has anyone else seen this, or found a resolution to the issue?

Best Regards,

Brad

Brad Johnson, ASEL, Instrument Rated.

FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3.1

PMDG, A2A, Flight1, Wilco

ORBX, Active Sky Next, REX

Try turning down the key repeat rate in Windows itself, it helps some people. Another tip is to press the buttons harder otherwise you can get button bounce. If you don't know where to look in Windows just type "keyboard" in the Start button search box.

Cheers, Andy.

Andy,

Thank you for the tips!  I will give the repeat fix a try.  I flew for a while last night, and only had a few instances of duplicate registrations, though I did have a different, strange issue (When I received an amended RNAV approach lo less).  When making an entry, it would take the first two letters, then blank, and I'd have to start over, but then it would take one and blank... I would get frustrated and "wipe" the alpha keys with my hand, pressing many of them at once.  Amazingly enough, this would fix the momentary issue!

The guys at VRI were helpful with replacing a few of the keys when I received it after buying it from someone overseas.  (Apparently it had sticky residue on the PCB, and a few buttons were OTS)  At this point, I am not ready to pony up $200 more to overhaul it.  I wonder if using FSUIPC as the input mechanism rather than the VRInsight software is advisable.  Do you have any experience with that?

Best Regards,

Brad

Brad Johnson, ASEL, Instrument Rated.

FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v3.1

PMDG, A2A, Flight1, Wilco

ORBX, Active Sky Next, REX

Hi Brad,

No sorry I've not used the CDU2 with FSUIPC, there has never been any need for me to try it to be honest and you would have to reprogram everything yourself through FSUIPC if it was even possible. I occasionally get the odd double input or two, but its not often. I think the performance of the PC has a lot to do with input errors as well, if your PC is struggling to maintain a frame rate higher than 25 or so, I think there is a bit of lag that sometimes causes the software to glitch. This is purely conjecture on my part though.

The thing that bugs me the most is the CLR key clearing the whole scratchpad rather than just the last character entered, I was told this is a bug in the NGX SDK. I'm hoping PMDG fix that in the next release of the NGX SDK, along with the missing features required to get the V737 Overhead panel working 100% i.e. being able to read the voltages on the AC/DC panel and the door status annunciators, none of that is possible at the moment and its been 2 years now since PMDG said during a FS conference that they would get onto fixing it.

Cheers, Andy.