Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Need HELP Please!

I had a misshap uninstalling an addon in FSX and I deleted some files this addon had created. It was the Fs9 PMDG737NG. I have had it working but decided to uninstall it,as it didn't always Work right.I used the uninstaller provided in the CD. Then I went and deleted all the files that contained the planes.

When I went to start FSX it wouldn't start saying Dem4km.bgl file was missing or damaged. Then  I Googled what this file was and found it was in the in the Scenery\Base Scenery Folder.First I tried a system restore,...That didn't help as the scenery folder was not present for some reason???

I copied the Whole Scenery folder from a copy of FSX I have in an External HD onto my current installation.

Dratts! It won't start it Tell me a Fatal Error Ocurred!!! Then that shuts Down and says Flightsimulator encountered a problems and will now close.

Help Please I don't want to reinstall

Berlopez :(

What I would do is pop in the FSX install disc and do a repair.....you wont need to reinstall the whole sim but it will replace ONLY all the ORIGINAL files of the install.....Also I found after getting a lot of Fatal Errors at start I delete my FSX.cfg file and then it re-cycles a lot of paths and options and for me it has fixed a lot of my fatal errors at start.

If you have a lot of fsx.cfg tweeks just copy and paste them in a new text file so you remember which ones you have. Also keep in mind if you have a lot of hardware with buttons and key assignments press NO when FSX prompts you if you want to remap or else you will lose all your button mappings.....This prompt only comes up after you delete your FSX.cfg....

I would try the FSX.cfg recreation first and then I would repair my FSX....

Deleting just the files manually at times is prone for problems (especial fatal errors at start)

Hope this helps you.

Cheers.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Thanks for your reply, I made a copy of my FSX.cfg file and saved it. then I deleted it.

I then tried to start FSX and nothing happened,still the same error showed.

A Fatl Error Ocurred...FLight Simulator X has stopped working, if a solution is found Microsoft Windows ...

Berlopez :huh:

make a new tab in your fsx folder (iewing filter for "Date created")

Look at the all the files that are in there and see if you missed some or some ones that your not familiar with....

ELB729.png

Yorgoss, thansks fro your reply and advice.

I am responsible for the misshap, because as i wrote i was Attepting to delete the Fs9 PMDG 737 NG; i used the uninstaller provide in disc, but that's a Fs9 unnstaller,I have been made aware of. Therefore when I realized that all the PMDG simobjects and airplane folders were still present I began to delete them.

I am still unaware of how or why the Dem4km.bgl and FSX.exe went missing???

I reinstated the Dem4km file from a copy of FSX I have in a External Drive. But the .exe was still missing I couldn't get FSX to create a new FSX.cfg file because it wouldn't start.

So last resort a reinstall of FSX\Gold...and I'm in themiddle of adding my addons.

Thanks.

Berlopez

Good luck!

Sorry It didnt work out :( Its a pain reinstalling but it helps in performance too i guess....We have all done this lol....

Cheers

ELB729.png

Already installing my addons...REMEMBER THAT A REPAIR " DEFAULTS FSX"