Sign in to follow this  
GamerNurd

Texture_Max_Load in graphics

What's the difference between texture_max_load in Graphics and the texture_max_load in display section?

I have 1024 in Graphics and 4096 in display section.

Someone who can help m?

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024, 2048, 4096 in the [Graphics] section is the limiting size for texture resolution, default max being 1024, though can be changed in the fsx.cfg to be one of the higher numbers. It's worth noting, that if any settings are changed in the sim, while it's running the TML will drop back to its default.

TextureMaxLoad=6 (note the difference - no underscores in this one) in the [Display] section, is an unnecessary entry, as it's a fairly powerful multiplier, doing virtually what the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120 does.

It is capable of causing an overload of the graphics pipeline, and has been debunked by a number of leading develeloper "tweakers". It was first introduced by Bojote about five years ago.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Don't get the 2 confused.

Texture_Max_Load in the GRAPHICS section determines the maximum resolution and overall detail of textures in fsx on a global scale. It takes values of 128, 256, 512, 1024 (The max the GUI will output to the fsx.cfg file), 2048 and 4096 (Referred to as "HD" by the community, have to be added manually, but reset after ANY changes to fsx settings via the gui).

TextureMaxLoad in the DISPLAY section determines how many textures should be loaded to be sent to the GPU, effectively speeding up texture loading as more textures are sent to the GPU in each frame (For some it fixes white flashes). It's default value is 6, and take multiples of 3 eg 9, 12, 15, etc. The recommended value is 30. 

Texture_Max_Load in the graphics section IS needed and will be added back to the cfg regardless if removed. However TextureMaxLoad in the DISPLAY section is an OPTIONAL tweak and for most, not needed in the fsx.cfg file. 

Hope I explained things good enough for you to understand. Cheers!

Edit: Paul beat me to it :D

But, Jordan - you explained it better!   :lol:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Would either of this help in avoiding the skeleton of the 777?   or for crispier/faster/snap to loading of textures?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

But I have Texture_Max_Load (Notice the underscore) in the DISPLAY section and then I have TextureMaxLoad (without underscore) also in DISPLAY

Remove the "Texture_Max_Load" entry from the DISPLAY as it is not needed. 

Remember, it's the one that's NOT underscored... Jordan meant "texturemaxload". I'm sure he just mistyped it but I'm just trying to keep the confusion to a minimum. The one in [Graphics] is underscored and needs to stay there.

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz

@wingclip TextureMaxLoad should only exist under DISPLAY. The other, Texture_Max_Load should only exist under GRAPHICS.

Here's my cfg if you're unsure about anything: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuyrv80m7j3rfix/fsx.cfg.txt

Evidently I don't use the TextureMaxLoad tweak.

Cheers!

No Jordan, thanks but you didn't understand. I was simply pointing out that the texturemaxload he was directed to delete from the Display is actually written as "texturemaxload" and not "Texture_Max_Load" which is what you had typed when you told him to: "Remove the "Texture_Max_Load" entry from the DISPLAY as it is not needed."

Essentially, I was just reconfirming what Paul J had said in part: "...TextureMaxLoad=6 (note the difference - no underscores in this one) in the [Display] section..."

Hope that clears it up. Personally, I don't have texturemaxload in my cfg but of course, we all have Texture_Max_Load.

Rich

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz

But I have Texture_Max_Load (Notice the underscore) in the DISPLAY section and then I have TextureMaxLoad (without underscore) also in DISPLAY

@wingclip He said he had both entries in the DISPLAY section. But no worries, happy to take corrections if I made any. As long as everything is cleared up all as is fine. Happy simming all! :D

Oh! My bad! I missed that big time! Sorry, I stand corrected.

Rich