Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

How to record a video

If you have an Nvidia card, you may be able to use the new Shadowplay.

I was going to say this.  If you have an Nvidia GTX 660 or newer you can use the built-in Shadowplay feature - it is video capture software specifically designed for Nvidia cards.  I've used it a bit and have had good experiences with it.  I would like to use FSRecorder but it, for some reason, has conflicts with EZDok and I can't get both to work at the same time (and no way am I giving up EZDok).  Therefore, the only problem now is that I have to record real-time.  Unfortunately Shadowplay currently only works in full-screen mode, though.  I've heard they're working on a Windowed mode feature too.

If you have an Nvidia GTX 660 or newer you can use the built-in Shadowplay feature

I have a GTX Titan so it would appear I can use this. My question is though say I want to make a video from a "window view" of the plane. Is there a way to change views after the video is recorded or something?

I am planning on making some videos from a "window view" but can't seem to figure out the order in how to accomplish this. I am using Ezdok and it appears Ezdok and FSRecorder don't work well together so I might not be able to do this anyway. 

If I record a video with FSrecorder can I go back with FRAPS running and change the views of the flight? So while fraps is recording I can switch views to give me the window view and then after just delete the transition of the cameras or something like that?

I don't know anything about FSRecorder, but I do know that video creation is a lot about editing. You generally record 10x more footage than what you need, then you take it to your video editor, cut, crop and paste until you got a video. Most of the footage is thrown away afterwards, only a small part gets used for an actual video

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I have a GTX Titan so it would appear I can use this. My question is though say I want to make a video from a "window view" of the plane. Is there a way to change views after the video is recorded or something?

I am planning on making some videos from a "window view" but can't seem to figure out the order in how to accomplish this. I am using Ezdok and it appears Ezdok and FSRecorder don't work well together so I might not be able to do this anyway. 

If I record a video with FSrecorder can I go back with FRAPS running and change the views of the flight? So while fraps is recording I can switch views to give me the window view and then after just delete the transition of the cameras or something like that?

Of course you can.  Video capturing software just records what is being viewed on your desktop, so just turn on the recorder and go about doing whatever it is you want recorded.

FSRecorder makes a "replay" in FSX.  You just load the replay of the flight you want to view / record and then you can use all the views you want, etc.

You do not want to make just one large video then edit it, you will pull your hair out!

Before you even start, make a 'shot sheet', write down a general description of what you want each segment to record, so you have a plan.

Then record only one segment at a time, until you have all of them saved. Now you can add them all to your editor and trim them as needed to remove any unwanted footage. That will keep the file sizes down and make editing a LOT easier than trying to manipulate one huge file.

Jay

Then record only one segment at a time

I installed FS recorder per the instructions but it will not display at the top. I looked at the help website and dl the .dll fixer thing it said all my entries are normal and no changes are needed. Is there anything else I can try to make the program display at the top? I read it helps to run the installer as admin but when I tried to do that there was no option to run as admin. 

Everything appears to install to the right places but it just doesn't show up in FSX. I am using windows 7 if that helps any. 

I have windows 7 and whenever I add any new add-ons that are to appear in the Menu / Addons drop down, after going through installation process I have to go into the fsx. cfg file ( ... AppsData / roaming / microsoft / FSX ) and go to [TRUSTED] and check the value against the new addon. Its always negative and I alter it to '+' to make it work. Something to do with Win 7 Trust policies and conflicts with FSX.  New addons used to work ok till oneday I put in a saitek FIP and took 2 mths to work out thats what I had to do. Somehow the trust policies became paranoid against all new addons. (I dont even get a message asking to trust or not anymore) ... so if you didnt get such a message either, then check that file.

... forgot to add.. make sure you open fsx.cfg in Notepad

Its always negative and I alter it to '+' to make it work.

EDIT: I was able to fix it. Thank you for the idea. 

H

I recently installed the latest Nvidia drivers 332.21; no problems running nicely in DX10 preview with Steves DX10 fixer, REX4/ASN; really its like a new simulator and totally addictive. As things were looking so good I thought I might have ago at recording some of my flying using the latest Shadowplay (GeForce Experience v1.8.1) which is bundled with the Nvidia driver download. I have a Titan card so no problems there, the software installed correctly and I was able to switch on the green light button in Shadowplay however, non of the activation button combinations appear to do anything? Alt F9 I think (sorry not in front of me at the moment) instigates manual recording and this does nothing when I press the buttons. Anyone any ideas where I am going wrong? It looks simple enough but obviously not for me perhaps!

DaveGi 

H

I recently installed the latest Nvidia drivers 332.21; no problems running nicely in DX10 preview with Steves DX10 fixer, REX4/ASN; really its like a new simulator and totally addictive. As things were looking so good I thought I might have ago at recording some of my flying using the latest Shadowplay (GeForce Experience v1.8.1) which is bundled with the Nvidia driver download. I have a Titan card so no problems there, the software installed correctly and I was able to switch on the green light button in Shadowplay however, non of the activation button combinations appear to do anything? Alt F9 I think (sorry not in front of me at the moment) instigates manual recording and this does nothing when I press the buttons. Anyone any ideas where I am going wrong? It looks simple enough but obviously not for me perhaps!

DaveGi

H

DaveGi

Is there a guide somewhere that explains how to record the PMDG 737 correctly? Or if somebody could explain what options I should have checked and at what speed I should record stuff at using FS recorder? I have tried to find a guide but have not found one. 

Is there a guide somewhere that explains how to record the PMDG 737 correctly? Or if somebody could explain what options I should have checked and at what speed I should record stuff at using FS recorder? I have tried to find a guide but have not found one. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL14or3xXEs

so I can for example look out the side window and get that view during playback without the need to do that while I'm trying to fly the aircraft - same is true with outside views, tower views, etc).

I appreciate the info, (I'm sure this post/topic is old by now), because that's exactly why I didn't care much about recording flights. I want to record a landing on a carrier but I can't land if I'm not in the plane! If I tried to record the playback, the carrier would be missing, (always ###### me off from day one, and I've been "FSX'n" over 5 years).

I checked out you vid and I totally understand it being your first and all. It was ok but you didn't demonstrate the real important point, (at least to me and a number of others), regarding the ability to do that landing and record it at the same time.

I'm going to FINALLY install FS Recorder and give that Evid a shot. If it works within reasonable expectations and effort, I'll stand on a street corner and shout it out ever yday for a month! lol

Thanks again, Rich

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz

I appreciate the info, (I'm sure this post/topic is old by now), because that's exactly why I didn't care much about recording flights. I want to record a landing on a carrier but I can't land if I'm not in the plane! If I tried to record the playback, the carrier would be missing, (always ###### me off from day one, and I've been "FSX'n" over 5 years).

I checked out you vid and I totally understand it being your first and all. It was ok but you didn't demonstrate the real important point, (at least to me and a number of others), regarding the ability to do that landing and record it at the same time.

I'm going to FINALLY install FS Recorder and give that Evid a shot. If it works within reasonable expectations and effort, I'll stand on a street corner and shout it out ever yday for a month! lol

Thanks again, Rich

I apologize for going off-topic, but I wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that AVSIM's signature rules have been changed. It is no longer allowed to have your system specifications in the signature, please use the tab provided in your profile instead.

Thank you for your coopoeration.

Best regards,

Will Do. I can't even begin to imagine why, but regardless, I'll go change it as soon as I get back from the shop.

Rich

O/S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/ Corsair 780T case, (white)/ ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula/ 32GB (2x16) T-Force XTreem 3600MHz/ EVGA Supernova 1300G2 1300W PSU/ Intel i9–11900K (OC’d 5.2 GHz)/ MSI Ventus 3X GeForce RTX-3080 TiEKWB EK-Quantum CPU block | EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump/ EK-Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge (RGB) (fit to ASUS ROG Max XII Formula mobo)/ Dual reservoir for a total 900 mL cooling system | [2] Radiators: 240 mm & 120 mm radiators (all push/pull fan configs) | [4] Corsair LL120 RGB fans and [4] Corsair RGB strips all controlled by Corsair Lighting Node Pro and iCUE software/ | Internal Drives: [1] Crucial P5 NVME SATA 1 TB/ [5] SATA SSD’s (one 1-TB & four 500GB/ External Drives: [1] Seagate Firecuda NVMe SSD 500 GB/ [1] Seagate MomentusX, 1TB SSHD/ Philips 32” curved monitor model 328E1: 4K, 3840 x 2160 x 60Hz