Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

weird airspeed issue

Boaz,

Can you replicate this issue? I think it is good that Rob is covering the basics, it also helps others that may read this in the future with a similar problem.

Anyway, I trawled through a bunch of docs and came up with nothing, if you are doing everything correctly as you say then you shouldn't be seeing this issue.

We have to remember we are flying software and windows files that can become corrupt. I would suggest using a differant panel state, of if the problem persists submit a ticket for the big boys to take a look at.

Cheers

Rob Prest

Ok I will try to use a different panel state, it's a strange issue indeed.

Maybe the fact that the boxes appear and I am punching the coordinates in again causes some kind of error. But it still boggles my mind why!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Maybe the fact that the boxes appear and I am punching the coordinates in again causes some kind of error.

I'm not sure how it handles this, but I remember that the 744 would ask you to insert the position twice if it was powered up in a different spot than when it was left.

Example:

You landed at EGLL and quit the sim.  When you load back up at YSSY in the next sim session, the 744 would ding and ask you to enter the data again to confirm being in the new position is normal.

Kyle Rodgers

That's the strange thing, because I always save at the specific airport, so I start up the return flight with a saved panel state from that airport.

I now am flying back, using the default "long turn around" panel state, and everything is fine and dandy...

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I've noticed some issues with an APU bug and alignment (asking twice for co-ord, entered once after countdown, asked again some time later in pre-flight) when using saved panel states.  Could it be a bug?  

I've noticed some issues with an APU bug and alignment (asking twice for co-ord, entered once after countdown, asked again some time later in pre-flight) when using saved panel states.  Could it be a bug?

What APU bug is that? I have not looked at the "known bug list" for a while so forgive me if that is actually on there.

Rob Robson

Please explain because your description is similar, what was the connection again between the APU and the countdown?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

So I was planning my next flight after my last successful flight, using the panel state I saved after gate arrival.

So I take off and reached my cruising altitude and then the speed thing started all over again!! I have no idea what is wrong here. I did something new though, I saved my flight and exited and reentered FSX. Then I could continue the cruise. But when doing a step climb it started again.

This is super strange I have no idea what is wrong! I checked the smooth wind thing, but no result. Plus the winds are steady, they are not shifting in either direction or speed.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Maybe I found the source of my errors?

I noticed that two FSUIPC's were in my list of programs in the FSX.cfg. This has caused strange errors before, with FSDreamteam scenery after updating the addon manager...

I will test tomorrow

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

What APU bug is that? I have not looked at the "known bug list" for a while so forgive me if that is actually on there.

Didn't even know one existed.  Anyhow, it's where the APU is indicating on and at 100%, but it doesn't power the aircraft at all once the ground cons are removed.  Also when you turn off the APU it stays on.  It's a strange one that I don't even know where to troubleshoot.  (probably FCOMS) but I think it might be a panel state that is doing it.  Maybe switching between panel states.  

I hope for you the cause is not THAT simple ;-)

hehehe.  Anyhow, any idea on the APU thing? ;) 

FOUND the thread.  Almost hidden.  So used to searching for other dev's BUGS that I totally overlooked PMDG's ISSUES tracking thread ;-).  Nope, it's not in there.  I have a feeling it will be fixed once they push out the first update.  

I'm going to keep trying to get it to bug out so I can write down clear steps to get to my problem.  

No I have never had this problem. But I have not been doing too many cold and dark or even short/long turn around preflight setups either lately. A bit busy with other things at the moment (multi monitor setup and VAS testing). It would help if someone would post how to recreate the problem.

Rob Robson

My first try in the 777 I actually had this issue with the APU...

I hope for you the cause is not THAT simple ;-)

?

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

?

i will explain later,hehe :-). First let us know if your .cfg was the cause or something else please.

Rob Robson