Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

Reassurance requested re FTX Global

Global messes up the lights in low vis, something I am really annoyed about but not sure how to approach Orbx about this. The lights are always visible at night, no matter what the visibility is, bye bye cat III approaches at night.

-Iain Watson-

FTX Global for the win.   I have had no issues other than FPS loss if I turn on Vector Lighting.   If I turn it off, I still get great night lighting without the FPS hit.    I won't go back to default.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Global messes up the lights in low vis, something I am really annoyed about but not sure how to approach Orbx about this. The lights are always visible at night, no matter what the visibility is, bye bye cat III approaches at night.

Yeah, you're right. Hadn't noticed that before. Although with the original (performance draining) 3D lighting, I get flickering lights when descending out of cloud. I'd rather have solid on than flickering.  

TBH the only places I fly where I notice the ground textures are FTX regions - ENG, PNW,AL,OZ,NZ.  Rest of the time is at FL's landing at payware airports.

No uninstaller with the file I downloaded on Saturday morning. Had to go searching for it via Google. That did not inspire me with confidence about the product.

I believe that you need to install the FTXG v1.1 patch in order to get the uninstaller. This patch is available on the ORBX Support page of their website.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

That's something that annoys me about Orbx. Approach them with something like this and chances are you're shot down, ignored or deleted.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I believe that you need to install the FTXG v1.1 patch in order to get the uninstaller. This patch is available on the ORBX Support page of their website.

So have I downloaded an old installation file? Surely they would update the links that appear after you buy it..

Looks like I'm going to have to waste more time registering on their forums to get an answer. 

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

So have I downloaded an old installation file? Surely they would update the links that appear after you buy it..

Looks like I'm going to have to waste more time registering on their forums to get an answer. 

Like RudiJG1 said, go here: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

That's something that annoys me about Orbx. Approach them with something like this and chances are you're shot down, ignored or deleted.

If you contact John Venema with a nice, polite email, you might find him more affable than you think.

If you contact John Venema with a nice, polite email, you might find him more affable than you think.

With all due respect, people should not have to go to those lengths to get support.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

With all due respect, people should not have to go to those lengths to get support.

To get support, you just need to register on their forum and add your purchase number to your signature. Doesn't seem too complicated to me.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Well, to make it clear, I posted on the forum, got ignored for 1 week, my post went to page 10, then I bumped it, went to page 2, then someone else posted an identical question, got ignored, I bumped that.  Eventually Orbx replied and asked us to "pipe down" as they have lifes outside of the forum.   So after explaining that we were not "piping down" after 2 weeks of waiting, were told the Global lights are always visible in fog and there is no way to fix it.   

So imo, they chose to ignore it and hope I would go away, instead of manning up and admitting there was a fault. Infact, thats not my opinion, it was pretty obvious that was their tactic. Poor show regarding the lights, not sure how that slips past Beta into a release candidate, and poor show with support.    

-Iain Watson-

To get support, you just need to register on their forum and add your purchase number to your signature. Doesn't seem too complicated to me.

Well, to make it clear, I posted on the forum, got ignored for 1 week, my post went to page 10, then I bumped it, went to page 2, then someone else posted an identical question, got ignored, I bumped that.  Eventually Orbx replied and asked us to "pipe down" as they have lifes outside of the forum.   So after explaining that we were not "piping down" after 2 weeks of waiting, were told the Global lights are always visible in fog and there is no way to fix it.   

So imo, they chose to ignore it and hope I would go away, instead of manning up and admitting there was a fault. Infact, thats not my opinion, it was pretty obvious that was their tactic. Poor show regarding the lights, not sure how that slips past Beta into a release candidate, and poor show with support.    

That's my point Jean-Paul

I would disagree that it's a waste of time registering on a vendors forum.  Avsim is a great forum, but if you really want to know about a product, the vendor's forum is the place to do that.

You miss so much by limiting yourself to Avsim or Flightsim.com.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I bought FTX Global last week but am now rather concerned about installing it again after reading about all the files it changes in FSX.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears as though there is not way to switch between FTX Global and the original FSX textures? There was no option to switch back in the "FTX Central" program.

I installed it on my new SSD after a brand new FSX install and wasn't happy with the results/FPS. There also appeared to be no way to uninstall the product until I found a file on their forums at the weekend? An uninstaller should be packaged within the original program surely?!

So I've now installed FSX afresh AGAIN and everything is running smoothly. Quite worried about FTX Global ruining my new sim experience. Is it any good? Is it worth me losing the default textures for the new ones? I couldn't see much difference on first run.

Feeling as though I've just wasted £60 so would appreciate any reassurance from you if you own FTX Global!

Thanks

Adam

Since you still have a fresh copy of FSX installed why don't you make backup copy of your world/textures folder. That way if you want to go back to default you just copy the backup back into original. I always make a copy of the world texture folder and burn it to DVD.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64