Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

USER WARNINGS AND ACTIONS

Every site that runs a forum software like ours allows the administrators to use "warning" systems and points collections to manage the community. We have recently revamped our system and want everyone to be aware of it, and the types of actions that will result in warning points given. Here are the points and reasons, and the consequences.

Each offense has a time assigned to the warning; that is, one offense may have a 90 days period where the points given stay. After 90 days, those points are automatically removed. Point are additive. That is, if a person receives a warning with 2 points and 90 days, and then on the 60th day, gets another 5 points added, then the action for an accumulated 7 points is taken. In this instance, once the 7 point warning points is achieved, the user is suspended for 14 days.

We have brought this system more into the mainstream in order to assign some graduated approach to dealing with problematic users, rather than the simple banning system (which, if the breaking of our Terms of Service is egregious enough, will happen too).

read and understood :)

will people be told how many points they have against them ??

-Paul-

Hello

what exactly is considered as copyright violation ?

Regards

Read our Terms of Service (which you should have done when you registered - you did agree to them after all).

Hello

what exactly is considered as copyright violation ?

Regards

You just got your first 2 points for not reading the ToS.

You just got your first 2 points for not reading the ToS.

Hadn't thought of that one. Maybe we should incorporate that. :Big Grin:

Read our Terms of Service (which you should have done when you registered - you did agree to them after all).

i know , i know . guys its a LONG list of rules you cant expect me to remember what has been mentioned and what hasn't . and by the way i think that as long as you're a member in this forum who respects everyone and the rules  you are in the safe zone .  

Regards  B)

If they were, or an up-to-the-minute "league table" is published, I suspect users might chance to push their limits, defeating the object.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

as long as you're a member in this forum who respects everyone and the rules you are in the safe zone .

Exactly.

When a user gets a warning, he is told why, how many points were assigned and what action has been taken. In order to post again, anywhere on the forum, he has to acknowledge the warning. So yes, users will know why they have been warned and how many points were assigned. It is up to the individual to keep track of how many points they have collected during a given period of time. We are not baby sitters after all.

That's fair. So can we have a league table then? Only joking :smile:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Holy cow... feels just like getting points on my Driver's License :O

Gotta watch my rear view mirror. :P

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Holy cow... feels just like getting points on my Driver's License :O

Gotta watch my rear view mirror. :P

You might want to include both side mirrors and the dash cam. :Big Grin:

Dang Tom you spoiled my next Time Magazine special edition when PMDG releases the 744v2 :lol:  I was planning on having a bunch of hot naked women surrounding the brand new bird parked on the tarmac gracing the cover.  I guess that idea is out the window now as I would have gotten 10 points and a one-way ticket outta here B)

I'll have to switch to "plan B" :P

Chris Sunseri

Dang Tom you spoiled my next Time Magazine special edition when PMDG releases the 744v2 :lol:  I was planning on having a bunch of hot naked women surrounding the brand new bird parked on the tarmac gracing the cover.  I guess that idea is out the window now as I would have gotten 10 points and a one-way ticket outta here B)

I'll have to switch to "plan B" :P

LOL... The system has always been there... We just missed the opportunity to use it on YOU. :lol:

And, strategically placed black out banners would probably help your cause. But, I do want to see the uncensored version... :Big Grin:

And, strategically placed black out banners would probably help your cause. But, I do want to see the uncensored version...

Never thought of that....great idea :Big Grin:

Chris Sunseri