Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

USER WARNINGS AND ACTIONS

So, if at the end of the year we (I) still have all our (my) points I hope we (I) can redeemed them for some flying miles....

avion.gif

So, if at the end of the year we (I) still have all our (my) points I hope we (I) can redeemed them for some flying miles....

avion.gif

Yep, Tom's the one to talk to, he probably still has a gazillion of them from UA.

\Robert Hamlich/

I vaguely remember getting a few warning points. I don't even recall what for. I don't remember writing any nasty posts or anything. I'm usually quite civil.

I vaguely remember getting a few warning points. I don't even recall what for. I don't remember writing any nasty posts or anything. I'm usually quite civil.

You sure you weren't misbehaving somewhere else, cause you don't show any points here.

You sure you weren't misbehaving somewhere else, cause you don't show any points here.

Not sure. Thought it happened last year sometime (around Flight's launch), but I could be mistaken.

Not sure. Thought it happened last year sometime (around Flight's launch), but I could be mistaken.

Well, do you remember how many points there were? I can always give you some if you insist. :ph34r:

Well, do you remember how many points there were? I can always give you some if you insist. :ph34r:

It's okay. Don't worry about it.

When rules are being introduced or reinforced: Things usually have gone south already ....

And people who have to learn and to remember rules in the first place to interact on a community forum, well ...

Tom -

Just curious, (not worried about myself) but will there be any sort of an appeals process? Maybe a user posts something that a mod may find abusive and assigns points to them. However maybe that was not the intention of the users post. The problem at times is the "intent" of the message may get lost in translation so to speak. This is more so on this board with users from all over the world. There IMO should be a method for a user to appeal any points. What one mod may find offensive is not necessarily what another may think. Very subjective.

Eric 

So this means the end of the drakonian "no-tolerance" system you used to have? Also, what does an "EULA Violation" mean?

vatsim s3

1133704.png

So this means the end of the drakonian "no-tolerance" system you used to have? Also, what does an "EULA Violation" mean?

Any discussion of any product's "End User License Agreement" (EULA). 

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

drakonian "no-tolerance"

Draconian? Oh, you mean us expecting users to follow the rules that they agreed to when they registered to get access here? You mean THOSE draconian rules and our reaction to those that willfully ignore or worse, deliberately violate them? Our reactions when those who put AVSIM financially at risk by posting other people's Intellectual Property, other people's copyrights, cracks, etc.? THAT draconian system? No, that does not mean the end to that system. It means that the moderators have a little more leeway in addressing violations of our Terms of Service. Egregious violations of our ToS' will still get a "draconian" response. And if that doesn't meet with your standards, you do not have to play here.

B777ER, on 22 Oct 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Tom -

Just curious, (not worried about myself) but will there be any sort of an appeals process? Maybe a user posts something that a mod may find abusive and assigns points to them. However maybe that was not the intention of the users post. The problem at times is the "intent" of the message may get lost in translation so to speak. This is more so on this board with users from all over the world. There IMO should be a method for a user to appeal any points. What one mod may find offensive is not necessarily what another may think. Very subjective.

If there is ambiguity in any of our interpretations, we'll question the user to determine whether we got it right. But look, most of things that we react to leave absolutely no room for misinterpretation, or the intent of the poster. Most things that we react to are so egregious that there is no need for review or appeal. Like posting copyrighted images. How many times do we have to remind folks? Answer; we don't. The rules are there and when someone ignore those rules or can't be bothered to even read them, then we are not going to be too understanding about a violation like that. So, yes, there is a right to appeal, if your post or actions were in a grey area, as opposed to crossing over into the blindingly stupid black and white.

Draconian? Oh, you mean us expecting users to follow the rules that they agreed to when they registered to get access here? You mean THOSE draconian rules and our reaction to those that willfully ignore or worse, deliberately violate them? Our reactions when those who put AVSIM financially at risk by posting other people's Intellectual Property, other people's copyrights, cracks, etc.? THAT draconian system? No, that does not mean the end to that system. It means that the moderators have a little more leeway in addressing violations of our Terms of Service. Egregious violations of our ToS' will still get a "draconian" response. And if that doesn't meet with your standards, you do not have to play here.

Well, you used to have a one-strike->out policy. AFAIU this system have been modified now so that people are given more strikes if you will. The old system with one strike->out is what I considered draconian. It's good that the system have been modified IMO. As for meeting my standard, I have always been following the rules and regulations, so I'm clearly able to deal with it. Have a great day :)

-wims80

vatsim s3

1133704.png

Well, you used to have a one-strike->out policy. AFAIU this system have been modified now so that people are given more strikes if you will.

If a person violates the fundamental policies of copyrights, abuse, stalking, etc., there is a pretty good chance that the "one strike and you are out" will get applied. That has not changed a bit. We have had attempts at pedophilia. I cannot imagine trying to explain to a parent why we let the offender have a second chance. A second chance to do what? Repeat the behavior? Ain't going to happen. If that is Draconian, then it is definitely Draconian.