Sign in to follow this  
jbassue

Erroneous master caution in Flight

Thanks first of your time.

Hey guys, just a quick post this time;

In the Issue tracking thread; - Erroneous master caution in flight when using cold and dark panel state. 

I can confirm that the Master Caution is also illuminated when I have started the flight from a generated panel state (Not the cold and dark one).
Just thought I'd also add that it is the first time it has happened to me, so not at all a common occurrence. 

Blue skies and safe flights. 

10407710304_94cbdd4cb6_o.jpg

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Thanks for your reply. 
My apologies as I do not have enough time to read every post on this forum, but If you read the initial post I was just comparing this bug to what was displayed on their bug tracking post, that is, not only occurring from the cold and dark state. 

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Actually had the same thing.. wondered what was wrong but lucky it was nothing too serious.. and yes had the same panel state loaded (C/D)

Could it be because of our home computer setup for FS X and not the PMDG B777`s bug? And this CAUTION light is very irritating as I thought when I first bought it I had set something up wrongly for the flight. I even got my old man(a former airline pilot) who flew Boeings until about 7 years ago and nothing he did as per his memory from all those years of operating BOEINGs could get that darn CAUTION light off. Pressing it also doesn`t extinguish it. (so much about "as real as it gets")

Regards,
Darren

I was getting this on every other flight but since doing a reinstall and rebuild of my custom panel state I've not seen it once. My original custom panel state was built from C&D but the new one was done from the default start-up state. I'm not saying I've cured it but it's certainly not (yet) happened across a number of flights so it's happening a lot less if at all.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Hi all,

I have always used the panel setups provided by PMDG themselves, specifically the short turn state and never had this issue.  

Kind regards

Yep. If you use unmodified 'Short' panel state there is a big chance you'll be fine for example. But I randomly get the caution warning even with the default 'Short' from time to time..