Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

NGX & DX10

Is it me (or my computer) or do you guys find that the NGX performs worse under DX10? I use the Fixer by Steve (payware)

Cheers

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

For me, with DX10 sim is much more fluid and NGX performs much better. I can now max out all of settings including the bloom and have 30fps at all times. However, all this depends on you system strength, as well as settings like any other tweak.

Zoran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

For me, with DX10 sim is much more fluid and NGX performs much better. I can now max out all of settings including the bloom and have 30fps at all times. However, all this depends on you system strength, as well as settings like any other tweak.

Zoran

Wauhhh How about your CPU, RAM and videocard?

In DX10 I get better fps in any view except when in pilots view (VC) looking straight ahead (only happens with the NGX). So I'm back to DX9 where fps is better in pilots view

Jose De Campos

London

In DX10 I get better fps in any view except when in pilots view (VC) looking straight ahead (only happens with the NGX). So I'm back to DX9 where fps is better in pilots view

me too!!!! Pilot view in DX9 is better!!!!

Wauhhh How about your CPU, RAM and videocard?

I7 2700 OCD to 4.7, 660ti 1GB and 4GB of ram. Remember, with dx 10 you have to also address your settings in fsx.cfg as well as nv inspector if you have nvidia card. Though I have a decent system, I still had to play with settings to obtain these results.

Zoran

I7 2700 OCD to 4.7, 660ti 1GB and 4GB of ram. Remember, with dx 10 you have to also address your settings in fsx.cfg as well as nv inspector if you have nvidia card. Though I have a decent system, I still had to play with settings to obtain these results.

Zoran

Steve's fixer does that for you, correct? or am I missing something?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Steve's fixer is a foundation, that addresses major known DX10 issues and provides more fluid sim, and the ability to have more eye candy such as bloom, waves etc. My system and settings tweaks allow for this kind of performance, not the fixer itself.

Zoran

I've attached picture of my NVI settings. As usual, everyone's mileage will very depending on computer specs as well as any other changes with FSX settings. Hopefully some of these work for you.

As for cfg, most of these are already well known and work for me.

[bufferPools]
RejectThreshold=131072
ALLOW_SHADER_30=1
HIGHMEMFIX=1
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

These two must match your NVI settings (auto inserted in to your cfg file during fixer installation
MultiSamplesPerPixel=4
MultiSampleQuality=0

I've attached picture of my NVI settings. As usual, everyone's mileage will very depending on computer specs as well as any other changes with FSX settings. Hopefully some of these work for you.

As for cfg, most of these are already well known and work for me.

[bufferPools]

RejectThreshold=131072

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[JOBSCHEDULER]attachicon.gifInspectorFSX.jpg

AffinityMask=14

These two must match your NVI settings (auto inserted in to your cfg file during fixer installation

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4

MultiSampleQuality=0

You are using DX9 right?

Ron Hamilton

Do you guys think there is something PMDG could do in Sp2 to make the plane work better with DX10? I literally have to use DX10 so I dont get OOM's but the NGX is the only plane I fly, but I can barely fly out of KLGA/KJFK without a slide show, but I used to be able to fly out of there in DX9.

Ron Hamilton

I am using DX10 and NGX makes no performance difference between D9 or D10 in my case.

Zoran

Thanks for the settings. Spent a day tweaking and found that my frame rates shrunk when I went to DX10. With the added jagged edges I figure it's not for me.