Sign in to follow this  
aentwis

FSX hangs on missed approach

Approaching LOWI on the LOC26 approach, I was simply too high. So I decided to go M/A and went back up to 9500, heading off to RTT NDB.

Once stable and returning to RTT, I then started to re-programme the approach into the FMC.

It was straightforward enough to enter the LOC26 approach in again, but I wanted to remove the "Hold at RTT" entry... and trying to delete the hold, FSX hung. No way to get out other than task manager to quit the process...

OH well, there went an evening's time...

I only find few references to such incidents here. Does anyone know of this is an issue with the aircraft and whether it can be fixed?

Thanks in advance. Should I submit a support request?

A

For me FSX quits everytime I re-program or re-enter the approach in the FMC after going missed. Hence I tend to land allthough conditions would require me ro go around.

Should I submit a support request?

If you have steps to reproduce the situation, and it happens consistently, I'd bring it up to them.

Also, for what it's worth, there's a whole thread pinned in this subforum that shows what they are addressing.  If it's in there, they're handling it.  If it's not, they aren't.  I don't recall this issue being in there, so it may be worth submitting a ticket.

Kyle Rodgers

I actually wanted to spend two hours last night on missed approaches, seeing if I can reproduce this systematically...

Unfortunately, I was railroaded into something else... as always...

Thanks for the comments Kyle.

I didn't think to look into the SP thread you mention (not been on this subforum for some time really). Thanks for the feedback that it may be worth pointing it out, if I can find some system to the freeze.

A

Thanks for the feedback that it may be worth pointing it out, if I can find some system to the freeze.

You're welcome.  As long as it's an issue that's traceable and able to be reproduced, it should definitely be reported to be fixed.

Kyle Rodgers

Well, I got to squeeze in an hour doing MA's around my "local field" in Hanover, Germany.

Needless to say, on final, kicked off the AP/AT, dropped to 200'AGL, then went MA. Once established on the climb out, I reenabled AP/AT then proceeded to reprogramme the approach. No issue, no lock up. Worked fine for 2 go-arounds and then a final full-stop...

I'll try the approach into Innsbruck, which is where I had the lock up 2 days ago...

Just to let you know...

A

If you have steps to reproduce the situation, and it happens consistently, I'd bring it up to them.

Also, for what it's worth, there's a whole thread pinned in this subforum that shows what they are addressing.  If it's in there, they're handling it.  If it's not, they aren't.  I don't recall this issue being in there, so it may be worth submitting a ticket.

Is that the one in the other (777) forum?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW