Sign in to follow this  
maurice253

FSL Airbus A320-X long time...

Hi everybody!

I am pretty sure that most of you guys are waiting for the A320 by FSL (at least the airbus guys here ;) ).

Unfortunately, I am a little bit worried that this project *could* end like AirSimmer, AirlinerXP or Level D's 757.. I don't want to raise FSL's skills to question but I ask myself why they don't show some more pictures (...) and videos of their A320. Or at least a little cockpit picture (I am sure that won't reveal any "top-secret-features" which competitors could use for their own benefits..) Of course, I do understand that Mr. Lefteris (CEO of FSL) did a huge mistake by estimating a release (namely, december 2012) at the FS conference in march 2012. 

However, I think that FSL have to realize that they are constantly loosing (future) customers by not telling or showing anything than something like "--the a320 is very complex---". Until now, all promises that this A320 will be a high-quality product (like NGX... i.e.) are warm words. How do I know that the long waiting period won't be in vain? 

So, I would like to ask (in such a big internet portal) what you guys think of FSL and this project and I am looking forward to hear your opinions.

Have a nice day!

if they are coding the systems then there would be nothing to see as that could be more time consuming than making the vc or external model, best thing to do is let them get on with it and not to worry.

Im sure when they are ready they will provide some updates about the progress they are making.

-Paul-

Maurice, why are you starting this discussion here, and not on the FSL forum? In fact, this very same discussion has been held there several times and is ongoing. You are likely to find more Airbus-minded people there who have a more informed opinion about the question you raised.

FSL is a commercial enterprise and since they are investing in the production of their software, it is up to them to decide whether and when to release alfa images and info. It is then up to you as a consumer to decide whether you want to wait for them to release their product, or to buy software from their opposition. However, I understand them by not releasing material that could be copied into existing models by Aerosoft and BBS.

They made a mistake by setting Q4-2012 as a release date. They are correct now by not making any new statement on when the 320 is moving into beta, or a final release date. It is common communication practice that you don't communuicate about a project until it's signed - confirmed - delivered. This may be frustrating to consumers, but in the end they are putting time and money in the project, not you. So FSL is absolutely correct in stopping all forum threads about a release date, because it doesn't serve any purpose.

Hi everybody!

I am pretty sure that most of you guys are waiting for the A320 by FSL (at least the airbus guys here ;) ).

Unfortunately, I am a little bit worried that this project *could* end like AirSimmer, AirlinerXP or Level D's 757.. I don't want to raise FSL's skills to question but I ask myself why they don't show some more pictures (...) and videos of their A320. Or at least a little cockpit picture (I am sure that won't reveal any "top-secret-features" which competitors could use for their own benefits..) Of course, I do understand that Mr. Lefteris (CEO of FSL) did a huge mistake by estimating a release (namely, december 2012) at the FS conference in march 2012.

However, I think that FSL have to realize that they are constantly loosing (future) customers by not telling or showing anything than something like "--the a320 is very complex---". Until now, all promises that this A320 will be a high-quality product (like NGX... i.e.) are warm words. How do I know that the long waiting period won't be in vain?

So, I would like to ask (in such a big internet portal) what you guys think of FSL and this project and I am looking forward to hear your opinions.

Have a nice day!

Hi Maurice,

Things are quite simple actually.

FSL (or Level-L) don't owe you anything. You have absolutely NO means to know if a picture/video will show a feature or not... And they will continue to manage their business and develop their A320 the way they want to.

Until now, you paid zero bucks for it (unlike Airsimmer) so AGAIN, they owe you ZIP.

You also have no means to know if they're losing customers or not... And in any case they made it pretty clear on their forum : if you don't want to buy when it's out then don't. Others will for sure...

Simple.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Hmmm, I wonder if this is the same Maurice that used to spam my inbox and pretend to be an A320 first officer?

Rob Prest

Hmmm, I wonder if this is the same Maurice that used to spam my inbox and pretend to be an A320 first officer?

You can believe everything on the internet, trust me, I'm a Ph.D at Oxford doing a study with Oprah and Prophet Mohamed about the effect the internet had on Abraham Lincoln. 

Aamir Thacker

You can believe everything on the internet, trust me, I'm a Ph.D at Oxford doing a study with Oprah and Prophet Mohamed about the effect the internet had on Abraham Lincoln. 

That's one of the best posts so far this year ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Maurice, why are you starting this discussion here, and not on the FSL forum? In fact, this very same discussion has been held there several times and is ongoing. You are likely to find more Airbus-minded people there who have a more informed opinion about the question you raised.

FSL is a commercial enterprise and since they are investing in the production of their software, it is up to them to decide whether and when to release alfa images and info. It is then up to you as a consumer to decide whether you want to wait for them to release their product, or to buy software from their opposition. However, I understand them by not releasing material that could be copied into existing models by Aerosoft and BBS.

They made a mistake by setting Q4-2012 as a release date. They are correct now by not making any new statement on when the 320 is moving into beta, or a final release date. It is common communication practice that you don't communuicate about a project until it's signed - confirmed - delivered. This may be frustrating to consumers, but in the end they are putting time and money in the project, not you. So FSL is absolutely correct in stopping all forum threads about a release date, because it doesn't serve any purpose.

Hi Maurice, Things are quite simple actually. FSL (or Level-L) don't owe you anything. You have absolutely NO means to know if a picture/video will show a feature or not... And they will continue to manage their business and develop their A320 the way they want to. Until now, you paid zero bucks for it (unlike Airsimmer) so AGAIN, they owe you ZIP. You also have no means to know if they're losing customers or not... And in any case they made it pretty clear on their forum : if you don't want to buy when it's out then don't. Others will for sure... Simple.

Sometimes I'm just left speechless. Why is it necessary to be so unkind? The guy only asked a question for goodness sake! He has been a member of this forum for just four and a bit months and yet you all bit his head off. For God's sake show some humanity the World is already bad enough without your help.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Sometimes I'm just left speechless. Why is it necessary to be so unkind? The guy only asked a question for goodness sake! He has been a member of this forum for just four and a bit months and yet you all bit his head off. For God's sake show some humanity the World is already bad enough without your help.

This very topic has been and is being widely discussed on the FSL forum, and he has actively participated there. What's the purpose then of porting this discussion to Avsim? And what is unkind about asking that question?

As I understand it the FSX version of the FSL A320 is a spin-off from a professional A320 training sim they are developing.

As such the flight sim enthusiast isn't their main market, so I don't think they are terribly concerned about flight simmers complaining about how long it's taking to develop.

Is it that time of the month Sierra hotel? A bit sensitive aren't you..

Ah ah ah!

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

However, I think that FSL have to realize that they are constantly loosing (future) customers by not telling or showing anything than something like "--the a320 is very complex---".

I don't see this. How is it that they are losing customers over this? The same was said about the PMDG 777 and PFPX... still download servers failed when those products were released. And I suspect that almost everyone that was complaning about the release dates and them losing customers still bought the product when it was released.

I don't see this. How is it that they are losing customers over this? The same was said about the PMDG 777 and PFPX... still download servers failed when those products were released. And I suspect that almost everyone that was complaning about the release dates and them losing customers still bought the product when it was released.

I agree, if your product is superior enough to competition you aren't really going to lose many customers even if the development takes way longer than expected, at least as long as it doesn't take a decade (like with Level D 757 if it ever gets released).