Sign in to follow this  
maurice253

FSL Airbus A320-X long time...

That's one of the best posts so far this year ;)

Why thank you :)

Aamir Thacker

Hmmm, I wonder if this is the same Maurice that used to spam my inbox and pretend to be an A320 first officer?

We've had quite a few of those. It's amazing how many people try and pull a fast one on us and the lengths they will go to.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

We've had quite a few of those. It's amazing how many people try and pull a fast one on us and the lengths they will go to.

Yep, I have had people go far enough as forge Type rating certificates just to try and get into a beta team! The mind boggles :)

Rob Prest

I own the FSL CONCORDEX and It's the best payware I have ever seen or flown in a Sim.  The A320 will be awesome at release in Summer/2019 :lol:

I am also new to all this, and I am surprised by the reaction of some of the posters above. Using my logic I would say that the OP is eagerly waiting for the proud and in his heart, he feels it has taken longer than he wished. I guess that is all he is expressing and he is afraid that this project may not materialize. That's what I see from the post and there is no need to look at him as a stranger. I guess we all have our own questions and opinions.

Yep, I have had people go far enough as forge Type rating certificates just to try and get into a beta team! The mind boggles :)

I got my type ratings (15 of them!) in a car boot sale ("Buy 12, get another 3 for free").

Are you guys implying one of them might possibly be forged, as well?!?   :blink:  :rolleyes:  :lol:

I am also new to all this, and I am surprised by the reaction of some of the posters above. Using my logic I would say that the OP is eagerly waiting for the proud and in his heart, he feels it has taken longer than he wished. I guess that is all he is expressing and he is afraid that this project may not materialize. That's what I see from the post and there is no need to look at him as a stranger. I guess we all have our own questions and opinions.

(...) However, I think that FSL have to realize that they are constantly loosing (future) customers by not telling or showing anything than something like "--the a320 is very complex---". (...) How do I know that the long waiting period won't be in vain? (...) So, I would like to ask (in such a big internet portal) (...)

Plus, before he posted that, he had had his share of posts on the official FSL forum.

Yep, I have had people go far enough as forge Type rating certificates just to try and get into a beta team! 

Yeh we had one of those, current on the B777 and A320 - what a coincidence...

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

However, I think that FSL have to realize that they are constantly loosing (future) customers by not telling or showing anything than something like "--the a320 is very complex---". Until now, all promises that this A320 will be a high-quality product (like NGX... i.e.) are warm words. How do I know that the long waiting period won't be in vain? 

Exactly why would they lose customers? It's not like waiting requires any effort at all from our part. Besides, even if it did, if FSL releases the most advanced bus for FSX then people will buy it in the thousands. The only thing that really matters is the quality of the product.

vatsim s3

1133704.png

I remember something RSR said during the last months of the T7 development. He said that of all the people who come on to the forums and shout "You're losing my purchase by not showing anything!" most all of them buy it the second it comes out. I suspect the same will be true here.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

I got my type ratings (15 of them!) in a car boot sale ("Buy 12, get another 3 for free").

Are you guys implying one of them might possibly be forged, as well?!?
:LMAO:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I hesitated before deciding to join this stream. I have not been eagerly awaiting the arrival of FSL 320 - it has not been on my radar at all. Clearly though, for some people it is very much on their to buy list and the time taken to develop it is causing them anxiety. It appears to me that having not had a response that satisfies their needs on the FSL forum, they come here to present their concerns. Now you can choose to ignore this stream, or participate actively in it in a positive way and offer alternative proposals as some have done. I just do not see the value of negatively attacking the poster. Nobody can read minds yet that I am aware so no-one posting here can posit the underlying reason for the initial post other than the face value of it, so please, less cynicism and more helpful posting as suggested by others, would benefit all.

It's not going to be released. That's my attitude,If ,or when it is, I will buy it. I have other things to worry about in life. And I am Never disappointed.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I agree with BIGSKY. I really enjoy FSL's Concorde and I'm sure they will produce a high quality A320. If they don't, they don't owe me anything. Life is too short to stress over a FSX addon cause I got many other things in my life to worry about.

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

I hesitated before deciding to join this stream. I have not been eagerly awaiting the arrival of FSL 320 - it has not been on my radar at all. Clearly though, for some people it is very much on their to buy list and the time taken to develop it is causing them anxiety. It appears to me that having not had a response that satisfies their needs on the FSL forum, they come here to present their concerns. Now you can choose to ignore this stream, or participate actively in it in a positive way and offer alternative proposals as some have done. I just do not see the value of negatively attacking the poster. Nobody can read minds yet that I am aware so no-one posting here can posit the underlying reason for the initial post other than the face value of it, so please, less cynicism and more helpful posting as suggested by others, would benefit all.

I beg to differ. FSL staff have been very clear on their forum: they admitted that they made a huge mistake by setting a release date last year which they were unable to meet, and they now consistently communicate that they need an undisclosed additional amount of time to simulate the aircraft's complexity. We are dealing with payware, FSL is putting time and money in this development. It's up to FSL to decide how and when they should communicate, and it's up to the consumer to decide how and where he will spend his money.

FSL has communicated consistently that they are aiming for the most in-depth 320 on the market, and that the Airbus philosophy is very complex to port to FSX in a satisfactory way. Beta testers have to sign an NDA, which tells me as an outsider that these guys are serious. FSL consistently says it is developing systems that are not on the current payware 320's (Aerosoft, BBS), and giving details on these systems would be a strategic blunder.

What I have written above, is all to be found on the FSL forum. The OP is a frequent poster on the FSL forum and has voiced his opinion on that forum many times. If the OP is uncomfortable, he should either continue the debate on the FSL forum (where he will get the best answer to his uncertainty) or buy a product that is currently on the market.

Finally - Someone who understands. 

Great post sir.  ^_^

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO