Sign in to follow this  
liftwartbertl

C208 VERSIONS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqnkathu6zY

Does anyone know which product the guy in the above video uses? I have the Carenado C208B GrandCaravan HD Series 8 for FSX but the c208 shown in the video has more functions and useable switches than mine.

E.g.:

My propeller lever can not be set to the 'feather' position.

Of the 3 test switches in my aircraft only the black one in the middle works, the white on the right side and the red on the left side are not animated.

My fuel boost switch has just two positions, the one in the video has three as it would be in reality.

What aircraft is used in the video. Any idea?

Thanks for help.

Going by the 'rotate' cursor shape, this is X-Plane, not FSX. Which makes me even more mad at Carenado if the FSX HD version STILL doesn't have 3-position switches, etc. Thankfully I decided not to upgrade until I had read some reviews, and this video makes it pretty evident that their 'upgrade' is merely cosmetic.

SkipperMac

Going by the 'rotate' cursor shape, this is X-Plane, not FSX. Which makes me even more mad at Carenado if the FSX HD version STILL doesn't have 3-position switches, etc. Thankfully I decided not to upgrade until I had read some reviews, and this video makes it pretty evident that their 'upgrade' is merely cosmetic.

SkipperMac

Thank you for your reply. By "upgrade" (which you apprently don't like) you mean the version 2 of the c208 which was released recently? If yes: Would this upgrade also add 3-position switches to my FSX version?

That would be the question of the day. I am on the fence about updating the craft. Will let you know. I am still waiting on the B1900 which I am watching the pics add up in October so maybe we are getting close. Then underneath it is the Embraer Phenom I think which is another I will buy from Carenado. Good luck guys and if I spring for the update I will come back and let you know the answer to your question. Cpt out.

The one by Carenado is c... ABSOLUTELY useless, if you ask me - starting from the installer down to simulated systems and flying... Both original setup and expansion pack installed to different locations. FSX was barking at me re: incorrect aircraft.cfg file. The Garmin unit is also non-functional - FPL page incomplete without possibility to create a new flight plan... Overall I'm completely upset with this aircraft.

Regards,

Victor Quebec