Sign in to follow this  
Hernandez12

I'm novice in FSX

Hello everyone,

I would like to know that where do i start from fsx? But i have no idea what documentation should i read, any suggestion for that? But i like airline only though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My heart goes out to you amigo. :(  Kiss your life goodbye!  :rolleyes:  But welcome anyway. :biggrin:

I know, that's not much help, but try asking yourself a question about FSX and then do a search. You will be amazed at what you'll turn up. Good luck. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

We are all novice, even with ys of experience. You will learn much more by doing that reading

Within FSX, Learning Center and Tutorial Missions is where I suggest you start.

We are all novice, even with ys of experience. You will learn much more by doing that reading

That's my modus operandi

Within FSX, Learning Center and Tutorial Missions is where I suggest you start.

I had one go at flying through the hoops and decided I knew enough to take to the skies!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hello everyone,

I would like to know that where do i start from fsx? But i have no idea what documentation should i read, any suggestion for that? But i like airline only though

You say you like airlines only, but what is it you like about them and what is it you want to achieve in FSX? What is your current skill level in aviation? Do you want to have "just" fun, or do you aspire to fly as realisitc as possible? If you go for the latter just be warned that it will take almost as much reading and practice as in the real world to master a commercial airliner.

People love FSX for many different reasons, so it is hard to give general advice. Some use it as a moving map and for sightseeing, some make videos, some create aircraft and scenery, some fly misisons and adventures, others do barnstorming or bush flying, while some fly heavy iron in their garage in a home build cokpit costing 1000s of $ and 1000s of hours to build. Some do it all.

FSX is a sandbox where it's up to you to create most of the fun.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

- Ground school in FSX

- sites like smartcockpit.com

- the US FAA has published some good free pdf documents on their website, too, regarding airmanship and more

Sounds great. but from your mean ground school in FSX is Learning Center there? Can I straight away to start to learn airline. because i don't like to fly any small aircraft and i think i will get ATPL only in the future .work as airline

Hello everyone,

Use the FSX built-in tutorial flying lessons like the ground school. That is a great start from zero.

Also, fly the FSX missions. Those begin from very easy and then go over to more complex levels

That would keep you busy for a while.

There are also several channels in youtube with instructional videos as well. A good one is FSXGENIUS. This is the link to the first lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijpiqYldYOY&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL5ROzH49SRwvHfqU1pIHH-lxxLkvvjd5S 

Also, there are pay ware lessons you can get, like those from Angle of Attack. Here is their link

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

You say you like airlines only, but what is it you like about them and what is it you want to achieve in FSX? What is your current skill level in aviation? Do you want to have "just" fun, or do you aspire to fly as realisitc as possible? If you go for the latter just be warned that it will take almost as much reading and practice as in the real world to master a commercial airliner.

People love FSX for many different reasons, so it is hard to give general advice. Some use it as a moving map and for sightseeing, some make videos, some create aircraft and scenery, some fly misisons and adventures, others do barnstorming or bush flying, while some fly heavy iron in their garage in a home build cokpit costing 1000s of $ and 1000s of hours to build. Some do it all.

FSX is a sandbox where it's up to you to create most of the fun.

Well said.  Thanks.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

There are also several channels in youtube with instructional videos as well. A good one is FSXGENIUS. This is the link to the first lesson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijpiqYldYOY&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL5ROzH49SRwvHfqU1pIHH-lxxLkvvjd5S 

Hernandez12,

I just jumped over to the FSXgenius link above and found 3 almost one-hour videos.  I have to really pay special attention to the narration due to the English as a second language, but the material is first class.  There are almost unlimited slants or tangents that one can take when learning any complicated subject but this would be well spent time for an introduction with lots of sights and sounds of FSX. 

Your initial post stated you preferred airlines so this same site has a well done overview of Vatsim using FSX so you can see how the 737 looks while flying realistic flights in FSX.  Look for the VATSIM Tutorial - full.

Thanks to the Genius for posting.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

FSX is a sandbox where it's up to you to create most of the fun

I have don't know much about aviator but in the future I will study ATPL only. work as airline. so I just considering to fly airline only. to be a master in airline. my reason is just wanna fly an airline in fsx to pratice my skills in the future

I have to really pay special attention to the narration due to the English as a second language, but the material is first class. 

There are also quite a few websites to help new simmers in FSX

You can try this one from Argentina, for example

http://www.flightsimulatorarg.com.ar/escuela.htm

Also there are some videos here

http://www.taringa.net/posts/ebooks-tutoriales/2186175/Aprende-a-volar-en-fsx.html

And also one an watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvPuTjWkm0E&feature=plcp

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

I have don't know much about aviator but in the future I will study ATPL only. work as airline. so I just considering to fly airline only. to be a master in airline. my reason is just wanna fly an airline in fsx to pratice my skills in the future

I see. I will caution you not to study too much on your own. If you plan on becoming a real pilot you might pick up a lot of bad habits not rooted in how things are done in the real world, and these habbits can be hard to fight when you start flying for real. The paradox is that it isn't until you have become a real world pilot that you will understnad how to use the simulator properly and to your advantage. If you're that serious take some flying lessons in a real aircraft (and in a simulator). It will be well worth it and will get you up to speed faster than any amount of time spent in a simulator will.

That said, there's still plenty of fun to be had in the simulator. I suggest you start out with some of the missions, then pick up this book that will guide you through the basic concepts in a systematic and entertaining way: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pilots-Training/dp/0764588222/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1382452798&sr=8-14&keywords=flight+simulator+x

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Use the FSX built-in tutorial flying lessons like the ground school. That is a great start from zero.

Also, fly the FSX missions. Those begin from very easy and then go over to more complex levels

That would keep you busy for a while.

Also, there are pay ware lessons you can get, like those from Angle of Attack. Here is their link

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/

Sounds great. But I think I won't go through any missions on fsx. I only just want to pratice my skills in airline order for future study in my ATPL. Thanks for your provided me. but it's really good one FSXGENIUS? By the way, which one you are going first?