Sign in to follow this  
Hernandez12

I'm novice in FSX

Hernandez12,

I just jumped over to the FSXgenius link above and found 3 almost one-hour videos.  I have to really pay special attention to the narration due to the English as a second language, but the material is first class.  There are almost unlimited slants or tangents that one can take when learning any complicated subject but this would be well spent time for an introduction with lots of sights and sounds of FSX. 

Your initial post stated you preferred airlines so this same site has a well done overview of Vatsim using FSX so you can see how the 737 looks while flying realistic flights in FSX.  Look for the VATSIM Tutorial - full.

Thanks to the Genius for posting.

Regards,

Ray

OK. i just have a look first ray. by the way thanks in advance first

If you are wanting to go commercial, try PMDG's 777 here: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/777LRF.html for FSX .  They also sell training manuals here: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=14

This isn't going to make you a commercial pilot, but when you start to do real world training this will give you a HUGE head start and hence advantage.

Rob

Better to start on their 737 surely (or a decent payware A320 series)? You'll never go straight into a 777 from training.

Better to start on their 737 surely (or a decent payware A320 series)? You'll never go straight into a 777 from training.

True, but I doubt anyone would go straight to a 737 either.  I recall reading a thread about this somewhere with input from real commercial pilots and I don't think any of them started with a 737?   

New pilots start with single engine and VFR flights.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Sounds great. but from your mean ground school in FSX is Learning Center there? Can I straight away to start to learn airline. because i don't like to fly any small aircraft and i think i will get ATPL only in the future .work as airline

Do some bush flying in singles then pick up a plane like the beech duke from realair or cessna 310 from milviz learn to fly multi engines and how to hand fly on gauges(approaches ect), then jets,then airliners its a longer road but you will learn a lot more that way.

If you plan to go to the airlines in the real world be warned its a long hard road I've been on for 6 years and still haven't made it. Most airlines want thousands of hours of flight time and they don't count fsx unfortently otherwise Id be a 777 captain by now lol. If you have any questions Id be happy to help.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I understand you only want to practice flying airliners but take note that it is very important, if not mandatory, to first learn how flying an airplane actually works. Without the basics you will never become a save airline pilot. And imho you are skipping a lot of important steps when you start focusing on airliners right from the start. In those planes a lot is automated and done by pushing buttons. But you really have to know what keeps your plane in the air when those buttons fail.

So even when you are interested in airliners only, I think you shouldn't skip the small planes and actualy learn to fly them by hand before you take on those big ones. If you don't, you might get away with flying airliners in FSX, even complicated ones, but you will soon find out in real life, when you begin your actual lessons, that you lack a lot of basic knowledge... and you probably will have to start all over again.

I also agree with what has been said earlier: if you really want to do this in real life, get some real flying time and don't try to learn it all in FSX because 1. that's impossible and 2. you will indeed develop bad habits which may be hard to get rid off.

Lots of good advice has been given here and we don't have any idea about your age, your resources, your available time to devote to your learning and all the other important information. But, good luck with your endeavor.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I have don't know much about aviator but in the future I will study ATPL only. work as airline. so I just considering to fly airline only. to be a master in airline. my reason is just wanna fly an airline in fsx to pratice my skills in the future

You do realize that you have to fly a single engine prop aircraft first...before moving to multi engine props and and so on until you fly airliners.

I am not sure how one could learn or find materials in the web that teaches basics of VOR, NDB, ILS to someone using  an airliner.

I am not sure if there is one single pilot who started on an airliner. 

I can't imagine someone using the PMDG 777 and then asking..whats an NDB, whats an ILS, whats an IFR, whats the function of a rudder....etc

Sorry to be blunt and I don't mean to be rude to a newbie...if you are not willing even in the sim world to pick up a prop aircraft and learn the basic of flying, then you are only going to asking silly questions and wasting people time here.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

well I started with the pmdg 737 ngx with no knowledge of aviation.

it wasn't easy but it worked more or less ...

if you program the 737 correctly it's pretty much automated and you don't have to do much to get from a to b with autoland.

but if someone comes and say fly a vor/ndb approach you might have a problem.

I don't see any problems to dig a bit in airliners first. But sooner than later you will go back to a simple aircraft like the a2a c172 and try to learn the basics.

If you want to have fun no problems. If you want to be serious better start small with singleengine prop and vfr and don't neglect atc and ifr in the future.

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

This is like someone saying... I love calculus and I want to learn calculus but I really don't care for simple arithmetic and I don't know anything about basic arthmetic either.

Whelp! I suppose you can learn calculus for fun too.   :P

But seriously, you can play with an airliner for a while in FSX...sure. I mean ther is a learning curve for FSX itslf...like Terrain, land class, addon scenery, mesh etc.... so while learning all that stuff, you can simply play with an airliner aircrafts to keep your motivation to learn up.  But if you want learn you got to start at the basics. Straight and level, turn, standard rate turn, steep turn, descend, flare....attitude indicator and other instruments.... baro and altitude....

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I only just want to pratice my skills in airline order for future study in my ATPL

To learn properly on a simulated environment (as a hobby) and yet having a goal of eventually becoming a pilot to work on commercial liners, one way is starting properly from the very beginning and following a guided curricula provided by one of the several existent virtual airlines.

I also read some comments about English as second language in the posts. If this is your case, there is an excellent resource: The training program of AirHispania, a virtual airline in Spain.

Their (free of charge) program starts from the very basics and takes you through more complex operations over time, on a paced speed as you can. They have on-line resources and also they conduct on-line coaching via the web with instructors. They are all volunteers who share their passion for this hobby.

here is the link to the training section, just for the Private Pilot Visual Flight Rules program. 

http://www.airhispania.com/modind01.php?tCod=20110221135429

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

True, but I doubt anyone would go straight to a 737 either.  I recall reading a thread about this somewhere with input from real commercial pilots and I don't think any of them started with a 737?   

Ah this is where your FAA rules are far superior (I think after things like the Colgan accident). In Europe people like http://www.cae.com/ will take you from a 0 hour newbie to a (supposedly guaranteed) job in the LHS of a 738 or A320/319. Principle users of students from these academies are the likes of Ryanair and Easyjet. They love it as they get a steady stream of cheap (and inexperienced) labour, which is good for the bottom line. The students are queuing up for it as they are sold the dream of zero to flying a shiny new big jet with guaranteed job for the sum of c£80,000 up front. The reality can be a little different however.

I understand you only want to practice flying airliners but take note that it is very important, if not mandatory, to first learn how flying an airplane actually works. Without the basics you will never become a save airline pilot. And imho you are skipping a lot of important steps when you start focusing on airliners right from the start. In those planes a lot is automated and done by pushing buttons. But you really have to know what keeps your plane in the air when those buttons fail.

So even when you are interested in airliners only, I think you shouldn't skip the small planes and actualy learn to fly them by hand before you take on those big ones. If you don't, you might get away with flying airliners in FSX, even complicated ones, but you will soon find out in real life, when you begin your actual lessons, that you lack a lot of basic knowledge... and you probably will have to start all over again.

I also agree with what has been said earlier: if you really want to do this in real life, get some real flying time and don't try to learn it all in FSX because 1. that's impossible and 2. you will indeed develop bad habits which may be hard to get rid off.

I'm really appreciate what you are said that . it works. i also think too it will even complicated . because lack of basic knowledge . so would like to ask you where should i start actually? and what documentation should i start to read?

You do realize that you have to fly a single engine prop aircraft first...before moving to multi engine props and and so on until you fly airliners.

I am not sure how one could learn or find materials in the web that teaches basics of VOR, NDB, ILS to someone using  an airliner.

I am not sure if there is one single pilot who started on an airliner. 

I can't imagine someone using the PMDG 777 and then asking..whats an NDB, whats an ILS, whats an IFR, whats the function of a rudder....etc

Sorry to be blunt and I don't mean to be rude to a newbie...if you are not willing even in the sim world to pick up a prop aircraft and learn the basic of flying, then you are only going to asking silly questions and wasting people time here.

its really works for me . I will just follow law by law . is it NDB ,ILS ,IFR all are start from basic? means that start from single prop aircraft?