Sign in to follow this  
Hernandez12

I'm novice in FSX

You do realize that you have to fly a single engine prop aircraft first...before moving to multi engine props and and so on until you fly airliners.

I am not sure how one could learn or find materials in the web that teaches basics of VOR, NDB, ILS to someone using  an airliner.

I am not sure if there is one single pilot who started on an airliner. 

I can't imagine someone using the PMDG 777 and then asking..whats an NDB, whats an ILS, whats an IFR, whats the function of a rudder....etc

Sorry to be blunt and I don't mean to be rude to a newbie...if you are not willing even in the sim world to pick up a prop aircraft and learn the basic of flying, then you are only going to asking silly questions and wasting people time here.

Airlines doesn't have to teach you basic?

well I started with the pmdg 737 ngx with no knowledge of aviation.

it wasn't easy but it worked more or less ...

if you program the 737 correctly it's pretty much automated and you don't have to do much to get from a to b with autoland.

but if someone comes and say fly a vor/ndb approach you might have a problem.

I don't see any problems to dig a bit in airliners first. But sooner than later you will go back to a simple aircraft like the a2a c172 and try to learn the basics.

If you want to have fun no problems. If you want to be serious better start small with singleengine prop and vfr and don't neglect atc and ifr in the future.

Ok. I think i will start from zero first.really thanks . do you have any advice?

This is like someone saying... I love calculus and I want to learn calculus but I really don't care for simple arithmetic and I don't know anything about basic arthmetic either.

Whelp! I suppose you can learn calculus for fun too.   :P

But seriously, you can play with an airliner for a while in FSX...sure. I mean ther is a learning curve for FSX itslf...like Terrain, land class, addon scenery, mesh etc.... so while learning all that stuff, you can simply play with an airliner aircrafts to keep your motivation to learn up.  But if you want learn you got to start at the basics. Straight and level, turn, standard rate turn, steep turn, descend, flare....attitude indicator and other instruments.... baro and altitude....

i have received many suggestions. i'm decided to start from zero. thank you so much

Airlines doesn't have to teach you basic?

I saw a documentary many many years ago of some people who applied to an airline and how they did become airline pilots.

I don't remember it for most of the part, but they will of course teach you the basics.

Theory first for a few weeks, then simulator and after that flying with an instructor on a single prop engine plane.

The most impressive I can still remember was the 'blind' instrument flight.

They have to put on a 'cap' where they only allowed them to look down to the instruments, but not outside. And they have to fly with instruments only and land with it too or at least the approach.

The rest I cant remember.

Ok. I think i will start from zero first.really thanks . do you have any advice?

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/ try the aviator90 series, its free and its a not bad. I think videos are more entertainment than pure text.

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Buying a copy of Bruce Williams' "Scenario-Based Training with X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator" might be a good way to get going.

As others have stated, real pilots start with the basics. Single props like the Cessna 172 is the absolute best way to start. You could even fly around with the default c172 or another default aircraft to get a feel for the plane, then purchase something more advanced with real flight operations like the Cessna 172 from A2A Simulations. You can't go straight to airliners without a basic knowledge of aviation that you would gain from a small prop. Things such as aerodynamics, flight controls, navigation, VFR knowledge are all needed before you even get into the fancy stuff. The airliners only build onto the information you learn from small props, and believe me, you're gonna be VERY overwhelmed if you just to the PMDG without starting out simple. I learned that the hard way.

Best of luck.

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/ try the aviator90 series, its free and its a not bad. I think videos are more entertainment than pure text.

BUt i have just seen one book called' Microsoft flight simulator X for pilots: Real World training' do you know this book?

Buying a copy of Bruce Williams' "Scenario-Based Training with X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator" might be a good way to get going.

I have no idea about this book, can you explain me what is this book teaching exeactly?

As others have stated, real pilots start with the basics. Single props like the Cessna 172 is the absolute best way to start. You could even fly around with the default c172 or another default aircraft to get a feel for the plane, then purchase something more advanced with real flight operations like the Cessna 172 from A2A Simulations. You can't go straight to airliners without a basic knowledge of aviation that you would gain from a small prop. Things such as aerodynamics, flight controls, navigation, VFR knowledge are all needed before you even get into the fancy stuff. The airliners only build onto the information you learn from small props, and believe me, you're gonna be VERY overwhelmed if you just to the PMDG without starting out simple. I learned that the hard way.

Best of luck.

Really thanks to you all, I finally have my own decision to get going from basics first, i don't even complicated while i learned for, do you know that which book and documentation should i read first?

Do you all know the book called"Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilot Real World Training" ?

This book help for me to get going from basics to airline all the way?

Do you all know the book called"Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilot Real World Training" ?

This book help for me to get going from basics to airline all the way?

Hernandez12,

I have the book and I highly recommend it. It is a large book with a companion electronic edition with lots of links for more detail.  The authors are real world pilots, flight instructors actually based at KPAE in Washington state.  A google search should find several chapters for free to get you started - it just will not be the first few chapter but much further into the book.  It was written when FSX was a new product so it may be a little weak on some of the more recent advances both in FSX and the aviation sector.

The suggestion to try FlyAOA's Aviator 90 is also seconded.  You can learn at your own pace and see it as it happens and best of all it is totally free.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .