Sign in to follow this  
LH201

B777-200LR "Going the Distance" Worldtour

Before the introduction of the 77L in 2006 I think, Boeing did a world tour called "Going the Distance".

As I am hooked with PMDGs 77L, I wanted to fly some of those routes of this worldtour, but I can't find a proper schedule.

I woudn't even need the exact times, just the cities in correct order would be fine...google didn't help that much.

If someone has the schedules or city pairs, I'd be very thankful!

Thanks! cool.png

Well, I know the -300ER did a world tour in which it visited Amsterdam amongst others.

What I think you're referring to is the record flight made by the 777-200LR in flying VHHH - EGLL eastbound.

Info here http://www.boeing.com/news/frontiers/archive/2005/december/i_ca6.html

Supposedly the flightplan of BOE 2 was: 

N0506F290 OCEA2A OCEAN V3 CONGA/N0495F330 V3 ENVAR/N0495F330 M750 MANEP Y753 JAKAL A1 ALBAT/N0485F350 A1 KEC OGASA MORAY/M083F350 34N150E 32N160E 33N170E 35N180E 36N170W 39N160W 43N150W 44N140W/M083F370 42N130W/N0477F370 VESPA C1486 ENI J143 PYE J88 ROBIE/N0487F390 J88 LAX J60 BLD J107 MLF J9 FFU J202 OCS J94 BFF OBH J10 IOW J60 PSB J78 MIP J146 JFK J225 PVD J55 BOS J575 YQY VIXUN LOGSU 49N050W 50N040W 52N030W 53N020W/N0467F390 MALOT/M083F390 UL9 BURAK/N0466F390 UL9 STU UP2 NUMPO Y3 NIGIT

Good luck flying it. It will take you a bit over 22 hours...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

As I understand, the 22 hour flight was part of this tour.

Anyway, thanks for the flightplan for this milestone flight! ^_^

Does no one else have any idea about the flightplan?

fwerff gave you the exact flight plan... it checks out on PFPX, its the real deal. You can't use waypoint BURAK anymore though, use the long/lat instead. And thanks ferff, I've been wanting to do this.

BTW, Does anyone know the departure time? I'm trying to experience the two sunrises they write about in the articles, but afraid that won't happen if I take off at the wrong time. Couldn't find any mention of it in print...  

Now that I computed the flight, PFPX seems to indicate there's not enough fuel capacity for it. 

1ftw.png

I'm not really sure you can do this flight by the books. I read that Boeing used some kind of special dense fuel. PFPX is usually good about predicting fuel. If it says there's not enough of it (at regular density)... well, that's not good. I suppose we could always simulate higher fuel density and add more along the way though... 

This is a screenshot of the route, if it helps:

296o.png

I used 37N147W instead of 39N160W to meet ETOPS180, which i believe the 777 was certified for at time of release. Otherwise its the exact plan posted by fwerff. Whether or not any of us can make it with regular fuel, I have my doubts. 

What's your ZFW?

Winds will also play a part; they may well have waited for favorable conditions to make the trip?

What's your ZFW?

Winds will also play a part; they may well have waited for favorable conditions to make the trip?

Delivery flight for Air Austral's B777-200LR F-OLRA was 19h15 long, from KPAE to FMCZ non stop. I was the dispatcher who prepared the flight. There were around 10 people on board.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

vpa055.png

I haven't done any flightplanning yet.

My question "Does no one else have any idea about the flightplan?" was meant for the whole tour, not just that single flight.

I mean this tour: http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news05/106-Worldliner.shtml

Oh, I'm sorry, thought you were referring to the record flight only. If it helps, this blog article mentions city pairs http://www.boeing.com/randy/archives/2005/02/going_the_dista_1.html

What's your ZFW?

What's your ZFW?

Found this article with some very helpful info, including departure time of 10:28PM from VHHH 07R. 

http://www.seattlepi.com/default/article/Flight-distance-record-awaits-as-big-777-heads-to-1187040.php 

I'm using a ZFW of 350,124lbs with 35 passengers and no baggage (same amount of PAX that flew on the record flight, according to the article). I'm also computing with high tailwinds, which according to the article they experienced as well. Also mentions they took off with 360,732 lbs fuel, so it looks like they managed to slip another 40,000 pounds worth of fuel density in. 

Oh, I'm sorry, thought you were referring to the record flight only. If it helps, this blog article mentions city pairs http://www.boeing.com/randy/archives/2005/02/going_the_dista_1.html

Found this article with some very helpful info, including departure time of 10:28PM from VHHH 07R.

http://www.seattlepi.com/default/article/Flight-distance-record-awaits-as-big-777-heads-to-1187040.php

I'm using a ZFW of 350,124lbs with 35 passengers and no baggage (same amount of PAX that flew on the record flight, according to the article). I'm also computing with high tailwinds, which according to the article they experienced as well. Also mentions they took off with 360,732 lbs fuel, so it looks like they managed to slip another 40,000 pounds worth of fuel density in.

Pfpx is telling you insufficient fuel because it's not taking into account the three aux tanks. If you add those tanks through the fmc menu, you will get 350k lbs + of fuel. Not quite 360, but that should get you through the route

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Pfpx is telling you insufficient fuel because it's not taking into account the three aux tanks. If you add those tanks through the fmc menu, you will get 350k lbs + of fuel. Not quite 360, but that should get you through the route

Thanks for letting me know, I didn’t realize the auxiliary tanks were simulated, I should look at the menus more attentively. Now I can have a realistic TOW (very close to MTOW now) and skip the silly add-fuel-along-the-way routine. I added a new PFPX profile for the Boeing Wordliner with the 3 auxiliary tanks and they get me 358,508lbs of fuel – within 2,000lbs of the amount stated by Boeing for the record flight. PFPX still states that I am 56,517lbs short, but it is also requiring me to have 30,000lbs worth of contingency, hold, and reserve. I think I should be able to make it. It will be an epic flight.    

Screenshots, please. Don't forget to update! That's gonna be an interesting flight.

Screenshots, please. Don't forget to update! That's gonna be an interesting flight.

Will do. I am very excited about this. I optimized the plan a bit for winds over the pacific and lowered the Cost Index to 0, and that lowered my fuel burnoff another 23,000lbs. I'm just barely off the predicted burn now (minus the reserves/hold). Should be a very interesting flight. Hopefully the OP will post pics of his world tour journey as well.   

Not sure about PFPX with the fuel. I recently tried YSSY - KLAX, Sydney to Los Angeles and had to land in Honolulu, even tho I took an extra 5000kgs.......