Sign in to follow this  
LH201

B777-200LR "Going the Distance" Worldtour

Several hours ago I completed the VHHH-EGLL segment of the world tour. Left VHHH with 10 pax, 1000 lbs of cargo using the three auxiliary. The fuel totaled 358500 lbs. The flight was uneventful except for two thunderstorms. Left VHHH about 11:00 pm local times and arrived EGLL 3:30 pm local time. Initial cruise was FL310 with step climbs to FL410. Reserve at landing was 24000 lbs. of fuel. Flight time was 23.4 hours with 11.2 in daylight and 12.2 at night. I believe the whole flight was conducted with a tailwind. I am attaching AS2012 Coded Route Weather so I if you are interested you can see what the winds were.

Michael Cubine

It was tough finding a 24hr block (starting 14:30Z) completely free, but I finally got to simulate the flight distance record this weekend. Arrived at EGLL after roughly 23 1/2hrs with 21,000lb fuel remaining. London had thunderstorms and strong winds on arrival, so it made for an interesting approach. It was actually one of the most amazing flights I ever took in FSX. I am amazed that the 777 can go so far in such an effortless fashion. It makes the goals of historical aviators to cross between continents, struggling to navigate as their teeth chattered in the freezing wind, look like a relatively easy endeavor in modern time. PMDG made an incredible simulation of an incredible machine. Addon developers are pushing FSX way past its original design, but it’s still delivering.  I continue to be stunned by it as a platform. It slogged on for over 24hrs and 11,980nm, over 6 or 7 major cities including Kowloon, Los Angeles, and London, with weather updates every 10 minutes, and never skipped a beat. FSX can be a PITA sometimes, but it can also be quite magical.   

For me, these two screenshots express the magic of the entire journey:  

Sunrise #1 - Beginning passage over the Pacific, somewhere east of Japan

1b73.jpg

Sunrise#2 - Beginning passage over the Atlantic, step climbing to FL410, on edges of North American coast

wjc8.jpg

25 hours in, with the 777 sitting at Heathrow for over an hour, I still found it difficult to end the flight and quit FSX. This is one flight I will never forget.    

using the three auxiliary. The fuel totaled 358500 lbs

How do you use and or set up the three auxiliary so that you can carry more fuel?

How do you use and or set up the three auxiliary so that you can carry more fuel?

Page 74 of the Introduction Manual.

Sign your posts per Forum Rules.

Michael Cubine

PFPX has a template for -200LR with none, 1 or 3 aux tanks, you just need to create it. And also make sure the aux tanks are installed via FMC Setup menu.