Sign in to follow this  
Rayan giggs

2D panel ( overhead & pedestal ) to the PMDG MD-11

Hi guys

I have small problem, that's why i will describe my problem here because i thrust the avsim family help eachother in every & any time..

Its not a real problem, but i ama glass cockpit user, and in the pmdg md-11 there is no 2D panels for the overhead panel & pedestal which are must important to my fly and my home cockpit.

I have the ( undockable cfg ) which is come as an update to the aircraft for the users which need the undockable PDF , ND & EICAS's.

The issue is i need to add the 2D panel if it not available ( i don't think that ) to the aircraft.

Any help guys !!!!!!

Thx.....

The issue is i need to add the 2D panel if it not available ( i don't think that ) to the aircraft.

The MD-11 has an intro manual that describes how to work with the aircraft.  The overhead and pedestal are definitely included in the 2D panels...

I believe the overhead is selected by clicking on the magnetic compass, and the pedestal is selected by clicking a spot just above the upper engine display.

Here are the click spots:

thumbs_main-panel-pf.jpg

If you look just above the upper engine display/gear there's an CDU icon.  Left click brings up the captain CDU; right click brings up the FO CDU.  The next one over is the pedestal icon.  Left click brings up the throttle; right click brings up the radio panel.  The click spot up on the compass brings up the overhead.

Have a look in that intro manual, though, because it would've told you all of this.  It also probably has a ton of other good information that you'd like to know.

Kyle Rodgers

the complete overhead panel with all its panels opened from the menu bar inside the fsx.

but the pedestal not, only the forward pedestal ( the engines, parking brake, fuel cutoff's, flaps, spoilers....etc ) available, but the important part which contain radios, transponder ( posterior pedestal ) not available....

Whats the matter, any help.....

I need the posterior pedestal which contain the radio etc....

!!!!!!

If people read carefully he said he is using the undockable panel config, which if I recall correctly means you lose a few of the other 2D panels to make space in the window list due to FSX limitations.

Best regards,

Robin.

For COM1 and the XPDR you right-click on the 'SD' clickspot highlighted in Kyle's screenshot (pretty much in the centre of his pic). In the FSX view system this popup is named 'Communications Panel'. It's in the lower third of the window list. Immediately underneath you find the corresponding FO's panel with COM2.

If people read carefully he said he is using the undockable panel config, which if I recall correctly means you lose a few of the other 2D panels to make space in the window list due to FSX limitations.

Best regards,

Robin.

R U sure,,,, i think the complete pedestal not available in either the older or the undockable panel cfg....

U need to sure if you have the aircraft with its older ( original ) panel cfg.

Best regards,

Robin.

From the readme:

"The disabled 2D panels are:

IRS

GEN BUS RESET

CARGO TEMP"

From the readme:

"The disabled 2D panels are:

IRS

GEN BUS RESET

CARGO TEMP"

That's why i told him to ensure.

For COM1 and the XPDR you right-click on the 'SD' clickspot highlighted in Kyle's screenshot (pretty much in the centre of his pic). In the FSX view system this popup is named 'Communications Panel'. It's in the lower third of the window list. Immediately underneath you find the corresponding FO's panel with COM2.

(...)

I need the posterior pedestal which contain the radio etc....

!!!!!!

:Thinking: