Sign in to follow this  
Matsu787

EZdok view..B744 to B748...

I have EZdok and setup bunch of nice views for PMDG B747-400. When I loaded the PMDG B748, the view is off set as the 800 series is longer that the 400. Is there a way to identify the B748 using EZdok so the views will be dedicated for that aircraft only. They are both using the B747 configuration code on EZdok as far as VC panel view.

Thanks,

Kin M.

(Klax)

I have EZdok and setup bunch of nice views for PMDG B747-400. When I loaded the PMDG B748, the view is off set as the 800 series is longer that the 400. Is there a way to identify the B748 using EZdok so the views will be dedicated for that aircraft only. They are both using the B747 configuration code on EZdok as far as VC panel view.

Thanks,

Kin M.

(Klax)

I'm fairly sure Ezdok uses the atc model defined in the aircraft.cfg file. So as long as the 748 has its own aircraft.cfg file you could change:

atc_model=B744

to

atc_model=B748

and create a new set of camera definitions for it.

If the 748 shares the same aircraft folder and aircraft.cfg file as the 744 then you can still separate them but the editing gets a bit more complex. I don't own the 748 expansion so I don't know what the folder structure is.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks Kevin....

They are using the same folder and panel structure. 

I will try and create a separate folder structure for PMDG748 and change some config name so when I launch the EZdok, it will see the new B748 config and create a new view from there.

Kin M.

(Klax)

ok that worked....

I've made another copy of the main PMDG B744F folder with the B748 on it. Rename that folder to PMDG B748F, remove all 744F texture folders except the B748f, update the aircraft.cfg removing all except the 748F liveries and changed the atc model to B748.Changed the air file from ..400F.air to ..800F.air.

Launch it and EZdok shows the B748 and updated the views from there.

Kin M.

(Klax)

Glad it worked out OK. That kind of thing is easier to do than it is to describe here.

ki9cAAb.jpg