Sign in to follow this  
leticiamayte

Help with DirectX 9.0

Hi guys!!! I simulate too much with FS2004 and a few days ago began to appear a warning of DirectX (image).

1383058_666590786706860_663675812_n.jpg?

I already tried several ways to solve but I cant do this. Tried to install again, update the DirectX 9.0, already tried searching the file "fs9.clg" but disappeared from the folder. All without success.

I dont understand about it because it never came to happen to me. Dont know if i cant think like boys or have something wrong. I just need your help. Thanks!

Any latest version of Direct X will be compatable. Im guessing it has nothing to do with DX and more to do with the Video drives, FS9.cfg etc. You are aware the FS9.cfg is your appdata folder and you may to "Show Hidden Folders" activated.? You can check DX by running a DXdiag in the start search window.. If it shows ok its more than likely not a DX issue. Now the expert/gurus can take over. :)

There can be certain .dll files missing for dx9 in a fresh WIndows 7 (dx11) installation. Installing the complete dx9.0c will solve any potential problems with games that run dx9.

Installing dx9 on a dx11 system will have no negative effect.

There can be certain .dll files missing for dx9 in a fresh WIndows 7

Any missing files would be installed when FS9 is installed.

I am guessing a driver issue, probably caused by a Windows Update.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Think about the last time you ran FS9 without problems. Then what did you do after that? Some external add-ons can create that message. You should have DX9.0c. Some add-ons insist on an "earlier" version in which case don't run them.

Any latest version of Direct X will be compatable. Im guessing it has nothing to do with DX and more to do with the Video drives, FS9.cfg etc. You are aware the FS9.cfg is your appdata folder and you may to "Show Hidden Folders" activated.? You can check DX by running a DXdiag in the start search window.. If it shows ok its more than likely not a DX issue. Now the expert/gurus can take over. :)

Look, here is showing. Dontt know much already and tried to understand. If I delete and update again? What do you suggest?

Think about the last time you ran FS9 without problems. Then what did you do after that? Some external add-ons can create that message. You should have DX9.0c. Some add-ons insist on an "earlier" version in which case don't run them.

No, I was running it without add-on, no aircraft, scenery, nothing! Then, when I started researching to invest in it, it appeared.

Look, here is showing. Dontt know much already and tried to understand. If I delete and update again? What do you suggest?

No, I was running it without add-on, no aircraft, scenery, nothing! Then, when I started researching to invest in it, it appeared.

Well, you must have done something! As FS9 runs perfectly on DX9.0c

Well, you must have done something! As FS9 runs perfectly on DX9.0c

Dude, I dont know. Here is not working. have you the file "FS9.CFG" to pass me, please?

Any latest version of Direct X will be compatable.

Not so. It requires DirectX 9.0c specifically, as, for example, does Prepare3d V1.4.  Installing FS also installs DirectX 9.0c and that's needed even with DirectX11.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/have-directx-11-wont-play-games-says-i-need/300f3c23-d2cb-4750-9566-aad125857c8c

Dude, I dont know. Here is not working. have you the file "FS9.CFG" to pass me, please?

It's nothing to do with the cfg file. The sim requires it.

It's nothing to do with the cfg file. The sim requires it.

But not here! Dont count it in my paste. I was thinking of testing something. I'm already wanting to fly and i cant D: