Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Hi Guys,

I just installed the said mod and i realized that the water has lost it waves and has a whitish look. Am i missing something or did my installation gone wrong? 

Regards

Hi Guys,

I just installed the said mod and i realized that the water has lost it waves and has a whitish look. Am i missing something or did my installation gone wrong? 

Regards

Using REX textures and wave animations?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Bojote's shader mod is incompatible with REX wave animations. His tweak changes the WaterConstants.xml along with the water shaders. Only way to get them working again is to use the default fsx WaterConstants.xml and water shaders OR you can use my tweaked version of his shaders to have the best of both worlds. 

You can find it here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/283701-bojotes-shader-30-mod-for-fsx/?p=2827546

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your replies.Truly appreciate it. Jordon, can i ask where do i place the files from your link in FSX?

Its ok...i got it!!

Thank you

No problem! Place it into the the root of your FSX installation directory and ensure you are using the stock fsx WaterConstants.xml file. Goto AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX and delete the "Shaders" folder to let fsx rebuild the shader cache. 

Also remember to make backups just in case you want to roll back.

DX10 is already compliant to Shader level 4.0, Adi. Bojote's fix is only for DX9 fix.

All the best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Jordon,

My apologies but where where can i locate the  stock fsx Water Constants.xml file?

Regards