Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Editing DLL.XML...

This may be silly, but although I can't really complaint about the performance I am getting from my FSX install, with just the default scenery and just a few selected aircraft, I decided to edit FSX's DLL.XML and disable all of those modules associated with aircraft I am not going to use in the next session.

This started when I thought some clickspots problems I started having with A2A's C172, and then latter with the RealAir Duke v2, might be caused by DLLs from different aircraft.

Truth is that since I use this "technique" I no longer had any missing clickspot problems...

Comments appreciated :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

i use this for some time - before each flight i use SceneryConfigEditor to enable only scenery i need for my next flight. Same with DLL.XML, i use it to enable only DLL's i need for next flight. But i started to use this not becouse of DLL conflights, but for better smoothness :)

The dll modules arent loaded unless the aircraft that uses the modules call them up. Ive heard this before and the concxesses is there is no advatage to deleting those dll.xml entries.

The dll modules arent loaded unless the aircraft that uses the modules call them up. Ive heard this before and the concxesses is there is no advatage to deleting those dll.xml entries.

Most of them are loaded, you can check that with process explorer for example. I don't delete them, just changing "False" to "True" in DLL.XML for DLL i don't want to be loaded

I used process explorer and can confirm what Zeljko posted above.

I am definitelly going to use this from now on. One thing is for sure - when I now fly the Real Air Duke v2, I no longer lose the clickspots, and I disabled the PMDG and A2A DLLs...

When flying the A2As, I disable the PMDG and Aerosoft DLLs...

When flying the NGX or the 777, I disable Aerosoft and A2A DLLs...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Any dlls actually loaded by FSX count against its available Virtual Address Space (VAS). The fewer dlls loaded the less the likelihood of running out of VAS