Sign in to follow this  
Barthandelus

Global controls

Hi guys!

Just a quick question - Can i assign a control to replicate across all aircraft, rather than configure each type seperately?

For example, my Saitek Switch panel's gear control - can I set that once for all planes?

Thanks!

Yes,if you set it in the fsx default module and set no other switch to gear in any of the third party modules it should work for all. Assuming none of the third party aircraft have been configured to use some other trigger to activate the gear up/down activity.

Danny

Danny

Yep, everything you setup for FSX default aircraft will work in addons too as long as you are not override it.

This is why it is recommended to assign default FSX aircraft first and then adding the special functions to the addons

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niiiiiice!!!!

So, in a nutshell, LINDA will look to the addon assignment first, and if there is no assignment for the addon, it will go to the FSX Default?

Danny - how do you mean "set no other switch to gear in any of the third party modules". Does that mean that if i have the gear on FSX Default, i cant have one addon using a different assignment or that will stop all modules from using Default?

Linda is becoming seriously powerful now - especially if we can get the Saitek Multi autopilot panel going! :)

Thanks for your help guys!

how do you mean "set no other switch to gear in any of the third party modules". Does that mean that if i have the gear on FSX Default, i cant have one addon using a different assignment or that will stop all modules from using Default?

no no, you could do what you want ;)

That was just an example.

For your understanding:

You have a default FSX with it's default FSX functions.

Now, as example Carenado, known as not system deep addons, use most of the default FSX functions.

If you have assigned "fuel pump" in the FSX default aircraft and you load a Carenado plane, the fuel pump will work there, too.(I think so, just an example)

But if you load as example the NGX, you have to assign the special NGX fuel pump function. Otherwise, the default FSX fuel pump will not work for the NGX as the NGX has a special coding for it.

It depends on the addon developer what functions and how they do use them. So, that means otherwise you can't use the NGX fuel pump for the 777 fuel pump.

So, FSX default is the basic. And anything what is not working with this basics, you need a special module.

"Gear" is something what is working for the most addons. So once assigned to FSX default, you haven't to change it for other addons. (NGX is an exception - there you need the special module function to make it work properly)

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester