Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Remove chair?

Im glad you guys are having fun at my expense. It was a simple question, and Kyle actualy answered it.

I am flying with nvidia surround on a gtx690 on three screens. I am using ezdok. The chair is actually in the way, and aircraft like the pmdg 747 you can move the chair around - which is a feature I wanted to know exist on the 777. The answer is no, and that's fine. I wanted to let pmdg know I would like such a feature implemented, and I also know it cant be a priority item. I just wanted to give my feedback as a customer. Nothing more, nothing less. A fantastic aircraft it is nonetheless!

*leaving thread*

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Im glad you guys are having fun at my expense.

I don't think people were having fun at your expense. 

I think people were just having fun to have fun. A small, slightly humorous reply triggered a cascade of people just joking and obviously being ridiculous. It was never intended to belittle you.

In all honesty, I wish all threads would go this direction after the issue was solved. It beats the crap out of the (numerous) threads where people just end up going after each other's throats. A little levity is a good thing. 

actually iv contacted pmdg support over this they haven't said no but they have said they may look into it, nothing soon tho.

im not sure the reason why andreas wants it removed, however i asked pmdg of they could have a vc detail setting option (just like a low detail/high detail setting in the ngx) where the seats model could be removed.

my reason for the request was the the issue with the camera moving around heaps when the heading of the aircraft changes and also the position of the aircraft relative to the equator and hemispheres.

i did a video which u can a link for bellow showing the symptom, atm iv got a ezdok preset that works for the region of australia which works for now without the camera disappearing or clipping into the seat however if i do long halls its difficult to have much reliability and the cameras need to be moved again. another problem (got nothing to do with the seat), but the movement of the camera during approaches and banks can be annoying especially while using the mouse with various knobs in the vc as i find myself having to put my focus on keeping the mouse moving along with the knob or switch and when things get busy its frustrating for me.

so for now im back to the ngx where the movement aint as exaggerated and inconsistent as the 777x. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsu1sty8FxY

Kaveesh

No - to both.

Are you speaking now on an official basis on behalf of PMDG? A definitive answer such as you have given here and on other threads would lead one to presume that you are. I believe you were in the beta team but surely that cannot qualify you to speak on any sort of official capacity for PMDG. If you are you need to get a commercial vendor tag added to your user name.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Eric 

I believe you were in the beta team but surely that cannot qualify you to speak on any sort of official capacity for PMDG. If you are you need to get a commercial vendor tag added to your user name.

Please go back and re-read the post; both the original and my response to it.  It seems as if you're misreading it.

For clarity:

He asked if the chair can be (re)moved.  The current model is not equipped to do this.  Any user of the aircraft could answer this question, regardless of affiliation.

Please be more careful in your accusations next time.  I do tend to choose my words carefully.

On behalf of Kyle: No - to that.   :LMAO:

Exactly.

Kyle Rodgers

I was actually thinking about this today.

To compensate for the 'camera drifting' when turning, could an update please move the seats backwards a little bit, as often the headrest prevents one from pressing buttons etc.

Plus they do look a little close. 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

To be honest, for all the jokesters out there, whom I fully appreciate, this is an actual problem for triple monitor users.

In order to have the left and right monitor aspect ratio not completely stretch the edges of the screen, the zoom really needs to be set to 1.0, most especially when WideScreen = True (which really just is a FOV multiplier). However, due to the position of the captains chair, this leaves you really close to the gauges. In all other aircraft I've been able to move the eyepoint back enough to compensate, but in the T7, the backrest of the chair interrupts the mouse click raycasting, so you can only move back so far until you can't click on the VC anymore.

Certainly I need to "sit" closer to the gauges in the T7 than in the NGX (and pretty much any other plane) by a good deal, enough that I have to pan around more than is strictly necessary. Why did I get a triple monitor setup? To avoid having to pan the view. I should just be able to pan my (real) head. It would be nice if the location of the seat could be moved back for us folks (an admittedly super tiny niche amongst a tiny niche).

(I use too many parentheticals.)

-Matt Nischan