Sign in to follow this  
BenRudder

Help with getting radar contact to work

Hi.

I recently bought Radar contact, and I just can't get it to work.  When I first tried it I had the error message looking for file msstdfmt.dll.  I read solution and fixed it using the command prompt. Next I had the error 75 thing which I fixed running as administrator.  Now I have a flight plan set up, fsx set up, start radar contact and click fly now.  The Fsuipc window appears in the cockpit view with the next waypoint and the two options to tune  weather and tune to ground clearance, and when I press the keys ctrl shift and 1,2 or 3 nothing happens. I have set the keyboard controls to this within radar contact.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Specs

Windows 7

I7 processor

FSX

Tried using MS default aircraft and PMDG 737/ 777

No Weather add ins

Mcaffee security scan firewall

Regards

Ben

Hi-Welcome,

If the default keys are not working,check that they are not allocated to some other add on.This is the first thing to try.Check the keyboard operation in general and make sure that it is talking to FS.

You should give us a lot more detail so that we can try and get you up and. running.Do read the manual as most items are covered.

I have this issue sometimes also and end up having to close the rc4 window and restarting rc4, usually the second time it works.

Make sure the flight is loaded running in FSX with avionics on before you press the start button in RC.

If you just installed RC you need to update to the latest version of fsuipc and makerwys from these locations since these are much newer than the versions distributed with RC.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

(and run the scenery rebuild again.)

These later fsuipc4 versions fix some timing errors that may occur on some systems due to FSX processing loads that might affect keystroke recognition.

Other than that, it gets down to something capturing keystrokes and possibly conflicting with RC as suggested.

Another common error with new users is that they click within the RC-FSUIPC inflight window bringing it into "focus". It is the panel views or others that must be hot so the keystrokes go through FSX to be captured first by fsuipc for sending to RC. Just click anywhere within the aircraft panel to avoid this problem.

Thanks for all your posts. Yeah I was starting rc too early before fsx was fully loaded. What an amazing increase in realism from default ATC. Great product!

Ben