Sign in to follow this  
sjb5001

Transferring stock FSX aircraft to Prepar3D?

Hey everyone,

So I just got Prepar3D to try it out and was wondering if there is a way to move the standard aircraft that came with FSX (i.e. 737-800, F/A-18, etc.) to Prepar3D? I thought by just dragging the folder and copying the gauges, they would work just the same in FSX. The aircraft show up in the menu just fine, but when I choose any of these aircraft and start, the program hangs up and I receive a 'fatal error'.

Does anyone know if this can be done, and if so, how? Thanks!

First make quite sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed. Next move the aircraft across one at a time until you locate the aircraft that is causing the problem.

Cheers, Mac

Hey sjb5001,

Make Sure the  Panal and Sound Files in the drag and drop aircraft - do NOT Alais an Aircraft or folder that is not installed in Your P3d simobjects/aircraft folder ! ie ( c172 ) !

Most FSX Aircraft will just Drag across ! - but You may have to fiddle with the panal and sound files !

Good Luck !

Johnman

I moved the F/A-18 over without issues. I copied/paste the SimObjects\FA-18 folder into P3D then went into the \gauges, \effects, \sound and \fonts and copied/paste anything with fa-18 or f-18 in its name.

I removed FSX from my system over a year ago and I'm speaking from what I remember. Be aware there maybe other folders with required files in them. A critical one is FA18.dll and I believe its in the \gauges folder.

It can be done but you'll have to look for those additional files. in fact I have modded my hornet using the Sludge and the FSXBA mods. I've had no problems with either.

Also move/copy  the 'gauges', 'sound', 'font' & 'textures' folders across as well. All should work fine.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi ,

I have a missing sound problem with some aircraft I have downloaded and installed into P3D. They work perfectly in FSX, and also in P3D, only no sound? Very perplexing.

Would appreciate some advice please. Also, some aircraft load into P3D with a black screen in front of the pilot on VC mode. Otherwise they are fine, sound included!

Many Thanks

Tony

I realize this is not everyone's favourite program, but Estonia Migration Tool has an option to move the FSX default aircraft over to P3D. It works. OK...now the firestorm =@

Just kidding.

I just installed P3Dv4 and am moving my stock FSX aircraft over. I'm trying to keep the P3D install as clean as possible.

Over the years, I've installed numerous flyable and AI aircraft in FSX, thus my Effects file is full of trash. I really hate moving the whole file over to P3D

I'm to figure out a way to harvest just the stock FSX effects and moving them over to the P3D Effects folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Reggie

See above thread for a way to add aircraft, scenery, etc. to P3D while keeping your P3D install "clean".  Moving FSX aircraft this way avoids any trouble, and would allow effects to be used custom to each aircraft, if desired, without messing up the default P3D effects.  I am new to P3D and got this procedure working without much trouble.

55 minutes ago, Reggie025 said:

I'm to figure out a way to harvest just the stock FSX effects and moving them over to the P3D Effects folder.

Here's one way:

Open your Effects folder and click on the Date modified column to arrange the files in date order - the earliest ones will be the default.