Sign in to follow this  
jjjallen

nForce 331.58 (Excellent Driver)

I just did a clean nVidia driver install on my 64bit Windows 8 machine with Dual 680s in SLI mode and have to say this is the best driver I'v seen in many a day.

While FSX IQ and FPS are much the same as the 321.xx my first impression of 331.58 was how smooth it is.  Prior to this driver panning in outside view was always choppy but now things are smooth as glass. What really impressed me was that I was in moderately heavy clouds.  Cockpit panning is much the same but at the same time seemed smoother using EZDOK.  

The other thing that I noticed was that this driver seems to handle Windows 8 task switching much better.  IOW a task switch no longer results in an immediate FSX crash.  

All in all I think that this driver is a definite step in the right direction and can highly recommend it.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_331_58_whql_driver_download.html

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Probably it is an excellent driver, but still not for gtx 460/560 users. They are still experiencing TDR's. So considering that I have gtx560 OC, I'm stuck with 314.xx driver version for good until nvidia fix this serious issue.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Can someone confirm this for GTX 700 series?

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Probably it is an excellent driver, but still not for gtx 460/560 users. They are still experiencing TDR's. So considering that I have gtx560 OC, I'm stuck with 314.xx driver version for good until nvidia fix this serious issue.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

hello 

what do you mean by TDR's 

EDIT : never mind , i searched about it on Google .

Edited by fasouli

Can someone confirm this for GTX 700 series?

if you have the latest gpu then you're always in the safe zone . which in this case is the 700 series 

I just did a clean nVidia driver install on my 64bit Windows 8 machine with Dual 680s in SLI mode and have to say this is the best driver I'v seen in many a day.

While FSX IQ and FPS are much the same as the 321.xx my first impression of 331.58 was how smooth it is.  Prior to this driver panning in outside view was always choppy but now things are smooth as glass. What really impressed me was that I was in moderately heavy clouds.  Cockpit panning is much the same but at the same time seemed smoother using EZDOK.  

The other thing that I noticed was that this driver seems to handle Windows 8 task switching much better.  IOW a task switch no longer results in an immediate FSX crash.  

All in all I think that this driver is a definite step in the right direction and can highly recommend it.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_331_58_whql_driver_download.html

Regards

jja

Hello, are you sure that smoother results does not come after changing VSync configuration?

I saw that moving from 1/2 refresh rate to Force on allow a much smoother outside panning, just like you described.

Please confirm that you did not change that setting.

Thanks.

Bye.

Confirming no fsx crashing when switching between apps in win 8.1 with this new driver on my 765m card

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

They are still experiencing TDR's

TDR's are mostly caused by a bad video card OC.  It could also be caused by a bad computer OC but those are rare.  Anyone getting a TDR should immediately look at the video card OC'd settings and apply the defaults for the card and try again..  Memory Clock Offset is the biggest issue.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

TDR's are mostly caused by a bad video card OC.  It could also be caused by a bad computer OC but those are rare.  Anyone getting a TDR should immediately look at the video card OC'd settings and apply the defaults for the card and try again..  Memory Clock Offset is the biggest issue.

Best regards,

Jim

I didn't OC'd my card, all clocks are on default. I have gtx560 OC, which is OC'ed by nVidia. As I heard, both 460 OC/560 OC versions have some fault in architecture, that's why nVidia can't fix it with the new driver revisions. And I'm currently very dissapointed, I have a faulty card, and I'm sure that nVidia don't care about customers, and certanly not willing to replace faulty cards.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks for the explanation.  Some individuals (like me) mess with the OC that comes with their card and they immediately get TDR's and other nasty messages until they return them to the manufacturers settings. Fingers burned and you learn....

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The best thing to do is try them out if your curious.. What may work awesome for some may not work at all for others.. Drivers are funny that way.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Others with 560 OC tried the drivers already. Same story, TDR's then back to 314.xx. Already a classic.

Hello, are you sure that smoother results does not come after changing VSync configuration?

I saw that moving from 1/2 refresh rate to Force on allow a much smoother outside panning, just like you described.

Please confirm that you did not change that setting.

Thanks.

Bye.

Impossible. Unless of course you use it without the internal FPS limiter or you aren't maintaining 30 FPS. Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING is smoother than VSync 1/2 refresh rate. You just have to configure it properly. VSync 1/2 in Inspector + 30 FPS locked inside FSX + constant 30 FPS = absolutely ZERO lag whatsoever. And with "smooth" I mean "no lag". Of course things will look a bit blureed during fast motions at 30 FPS. But that is still a lot better than lag at 60 FPS.

I just don't understand why this tweak doesn't get the credit it deserves. And yes it does work for everybody, but only as long as you meet the three conditions mentioned above.

The only situation where Force On is going to be smoother is when you can constantly maintain your monitors refresh rate of 60 FPS. But even the most powerful systems cannot do that in FSX.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk