Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

Whats happened to X-Plane Airport and Scenery Releases?

It seems like it's been very quiet in recent months in relation to the release of airport and scenery add-ons for X-plane 10. Aerosoft have released nothing for X-plane 10 since their Anchorage airport scenery and I haven't noticed any other major releases lately (apart from aircraft). 

Seems a bit of shame when the X-plane world really needs populating. Truscenery's stuff was brilliant but they too have been pretty quiet. I know they are probably a small team but it's a pity not more is being released regularly like about a year ago by them and other developers.

I know that CZST is coming soon but apart from that I haven't heard of anything else in the payware sector.

I'm aware that that freeware is huge for X-Plane and there is some fantastic stuff out there but it would be great too if there were more really high quality sceneries available especially in terms of regional textures.

I hope I don't sound too negative. I just hope there is a lot more to come.

I think most Payware devs are waiting for version 10.30 before they release new sceneries.  Same thing happened when we were all waiting for 64bit XP10.

Aerosoft is waiting for FSX sceneries of London and Dublin to be finished, so these two get converted for X-Plane then.

TruScenery is heavily working on Helsinki Vantaa.

Then, there is this Mexican scenery (can't remember its name).

Drawbridge is working on a new airport, too.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Good to hear that there are a few things in the works but I wish Laminar would speed up the evolution X-plane 10 just a wee bit. I know it's a beta but it is taking them quite a while to progress the look of the sim especially in terms of textures and objects.

Thankfully clouds hopefully will be sorted soon with the SkyMaxx Pro add-on which looks great btw.

I can't help but feel though that such effects should have been provided by Laminar as part of the package by now rather than to be left to developers. I'm not impatient but we have waited quite a while for some basic evolution of the sim.

It's not a whole lot different than Microsoft Flight Simulator. Microsoft provided the platform, it's really been the third party developers who have made the sim what it is today. SkyMaxx it looks like, will take care of the cloud textures. I know a couple of weather generators are looking at porting over into X-plane. We need an all in one AI traffic program like My Traffic X. Another thing is seasonal textures. I think that may be in the works also. Lastly, is a workable ATC program.

NAX669.png

It's not a whole lot different than Microsoft Flight Simulator. Microsoft provided the platform, it's really been the third party developers who have made the sim what it is today. SkyMaxx it looks like, will take care of the cloud textures. I know a couple of weather generators are looking at porting over into X-plane. We need an all in one AI traffic program like My Traffic X. Another thing is seasonal textures. I think that may be in the works also. Lastly, is a workable ATC program.

I totally agree with you Mike. It's now Laminar's job to entice third party developers to extend the functionality of XPX. The sim needs a lot of outside development and there is no competition to speak of. The only stumbling block, ROI.

I couldn't agree more with the last two posts. LR needs to capitalize on the opportunity they've been given with the demise of Flight but it feels like they have been dragging their heals (which I know is not true it just feels this way).  However if they don't hit a home-run with V1.3, and soon I think there are a lot of Simmers looking at P3D V2.0 which is set to release in the near future.  I for one have given XP10 a very fair shake for the last two years but grow tired of the perpetual beta phase it always seems to be in, and the lack of 3PD I thought would be piling on products for it.by now. 

RE Thomason Jr.

P3D v2 is a revamp of FSX, optimized to better use GPUs and CPUs, with probably a better online / multiplayer environment, world objects definition / interaction ( aimed at military scenarios ? ) but! with the exact same flight dynamics, engine systems and weather engine that exist in FSX since 2006. This is as far as I can tell from what I hve read,  what P3D v2 will be.

Nice of course, but not what makes me - Whow!!!!

X-Plane 10.30, 40, ... have potential to make me WHOW!!!!!!!

3pds are welcomed, and I guess they'll start moving to X-Plane's land, with time :-)  As a matter of fact, we already have excellent ones working to make this sim an ever more enjoyale experience :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm surprised as well. I think it was Mathjis at Aerosoft that said making scenery for Xplane is easier than for FSX.

Aerosoft's lack of activity in XP development is kind of annoying. They said they'd be fully supporting it a long time ago and so far all they've done is convert some of their old FSX library.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Aerosoft's lack of activity in XP development is kind of annoying. They said they'd be fully supporting it a long time ago and so far all they've done is convert some of their old FSX library.

I agree.

I really hope they bring their Twotter across.

I think it is probably and excellent candidate for conversion and would become an instant classic in X-Plane!

Well.........

I wonder what the sales figures were for the scenery they ported. 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well.........

I wonder what the sales figures were for the scenery they ported. 

True. No doubt that sales figures have everything do with it but the quality of some of their conversions left a lot to be desired.

And, converting aircraft is really not the same thing...

I also believe the bad experience they had with selling aircraft not produced internally, and causing problems with access to updates by their customers, might also have spoiled their initial commitment.

Aerosoft is a big player in the 3pd add-on market, and I believe things will change with the time. As X-Plane 10 get's even more stable and powerful I believe people will start to move to it and buy more add-ons. Some great ones are already nearing release, and I am sure many others will follow :-)  Eventually Aerosoft will honor with their X-plane 10 support decision...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...