Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

Whats happened to X-Plane Airport and Scenery Releases?

Aerosoft could have made some heads turn had they imported their city series line like Chicago and Manhattan X.  One of the reasons I passed on them in FSX is because Chicago with no winter textures just seamed wrong but, that wouldn't have been such a big deal in XP10 at least until seasonal textures are added.

@ Jcomm I'm not going to debate the P3D program for one V2.0 hasn't been released so exactly what it does and doesn't do is somewhat speculative at this point and two this is the XP forum.

However I will digress... That I came to XPlane primarily for stability, enhanced or modern coding that takes advantage of my modern hardware, and the belief that XP10 by default would become the predominate consumer based commercial simulator available.  Everything that brought me to XP remains true except the migration of 3PD developers to the platform just hasn't occurred like I thought it would (My fault for being overly optimistic) . I got it; XP has a host of very talented developers I've bought the JR's CRJ & JS31, B777 Worldliner, 3 Carenado GA's, D-Max Blackshape Prime, Fly J Sim Dash 8 and B727 the MU2, and Scenery from Aerosoft Drawbridge and TruScenery but it's been slow going.  There are some big names in the simulation community that stated early on that they would develop for XP but have yet to see them produce, and I am not talking just about aircraft developers. I'm hoping that XP10 V1.3 will be the pivotal moment that I was hoping for over a year ago but based on my experience so far I am remaining cautiously optimistic.

Back on topic~

Then, there is this Mexican scenery (can't remember its name).

taxi2gate

I think you actually meant Tropical Sim, I have their DC National KDCA airport for XP10 too.  I haven't seen anything by Taxi2Gate in XPlane yet but if they are point me in the direction of where to get it (Unless that direction leads to the .Org then don't bother :Sick: )

RE Thomason Jr.

I think you actually meant Tropical Sim, I have their DC National KDCA airport for XP10 too. I haven't seen anything by Taxi2Gate in XPlane yet but if they are point me in the direction of where to get it (Unless that direction leads to the .Org then don't bother :Sick: )

No, it's indeed Taxi2Gate. According to a thread over there at x-pilot.com they are working on the conversion of their FSX scenery they released some weeks ago.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I think you actually meant Tropical Sim, I have their DC National KDCA airport for XP10 too. I haven't seen anything by Taxi2Gate in XPlane yet but if they are point me in the direction of where to get it (Unless that direction leads to the .Org then don't bother :Sick: )

Hi Blaze,

Yes Tropicalsim have at the moment, converted 4 of their sceneries for X-Plane. Taxi2gate has someone working on the conversion of their recently released Mexico scenery. I think it's in a thread at x-pilot. If you've seen their Mexico offering, you can only imagine what it will look like in X-Plane with all the dynamic lighting effects.

Mario beat me to it...:lol:

If you've seen their Mexico offering, you can only imagine what it will look like in X-Plane with all the dynamic lighting effects.

That is good news indeed!  I have seen their Mexico City scenery and the only reason I have not bought it for FSX is because I have their original MMMX scenery (Airport only without the surrounding city) and was hoping they would have offered an upgrade option or wait for a sale; I didn't fly there enough to warrant another full price purchase although it looks great and has lots of favorable reviews.  Sort of glad I didn't now, because on the XP Platform it will be an instant purchase.

Thanks for the HU

RE Thomason Jr.

I'm sure it must be me, but when XPX first appeared, I guess I was expecting a bit more in certain areas. Orbx quality at a minimum probably, given all the new capabilities.......

Part of whats a bit offsetting is that so much of whats been released is just barely modified FSX stuff that doesn't seem (To me) to take all that much advantage of the New sims capabilities, especially in textures.

I guess I just think that a lot (not all) of the XPlane payware airports are..... bland.

So far.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

No it's not just you. I've purchased the best scenery available for XP10 and they compares favorably to those in FSX. Once again the lighting and night environment looks particularly good but lack of AI traffic taxing ground vehicles and other components that give a great add on ambience are lacking sometimes leaving me with the feeling you described...bland.

RE Thomason Jr.

Aerosoft is currently working on a few Airports for Xplane10.....i'm very excited for their EGLL Heathrow release in 2014.

Truscenery Helsinki is one to watch too. I'm looking forward to see what they do with a large airport. I like their other offerings but have found them to be a little heavy on FPS, which can be expected given the detail.

RE Thomason Jr.

Truscenery Helsinki is one to watch too. I'm looking forward to see what they do with a large airport. I like their other offerings but have found them to be a little heavy on FPS, which can be expected given the detail.

Blaze,

Have you seen these guy's upcoming scenery for X-Plane?

http://beti-x.com/

Blaze,

Have you seen these guy's upcoming scenery for X-Plane?

http://beti-x.com/ 

Yes I have, and it looks spectacular although a bit remote.  That said Mountain flying does seem to be an XP10 strong point

RE Thomason Jr.

I think there is a need for one really good airliner for XP first. I mean really good - PMDG, Maddog, Majestic software quality... That would bring many new simmers, and probably all FS developers to XP. For now, i put all my hope in IXEG...

I think there is a need for one really good airliner for XP first. I mean really good - PMDG, Maddog, Majestic software quality... That would bring many new simmers, and probably all FS developers to XP. For now, i put all my hope in IXEG...

You may be correct it's amazing how much influence a few of the developers have in FS world.  With PMDG not adopting P3d and stating they're working on a XP release in the future it could make an enormous difference. Flight One, a distributor more like Aerosoft, is also not planning on going the P3d route they too would bring a lot of influence. I'd love to see Ultimate Traffic and the Cool Sky DC9 make it into Xplane let alone all the other products they carry that have been brilliant for the MSFS franchise.

RE Thomason Jr.

I get the impression that since the big names are not exactly leaping into the fray, that what might end up happening is that smaller developers will slowly (apparently very very very slowly) fill the vacant niche and become the Orbx and etc equivalent of the Xplane world.......

Or maybe not. If LR comes out with Xplane 11 too quickly, then all bets might be off.

I always think that many developers are waiting for the platform to stabilize..... and it never does.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I get the impression that since the big names are not exactly leaping into the fray, that what might end up happening is that smaller developers will slowly (apparently very very very slowly) fill the vacant niche and become the Orbx and etc equivalent of the Xplane world.......

Or maybe not. If LR comes out with Xplane 11 too quickly, then all bets might be off.

I always think that many developers are waiting for the platform to stabilize..... and it never does.

you might be right . but xplane is fairly stable. the big reason i think is the ammount of users on xplane. also froggle made an awesome video talking about xplane and developers  and its issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFsiyzF7mXM

I'd be happy to just have photoscenery to the resolution that has been available to FSX for years.

As for Aerosoft- their USA scenery supposedly converts pretty nicely to xplane. I'd love legal versions...

"fairly stable" -would not be a confidence booster to get in a rw aircraft....