Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

photoscenery for spain

Well I'll be....I had no idea...you know I might just try this out....I don't fly in Spain too often so this might make an interesting addition, especially if I beef up the airports somewhat.

Thanks for the heads up YG3.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Well I'll be....I had no idea...you know I might just try this out....I don't fly in Spain too often so this might make an interesting addition, especially if I beef up the airports somewhat.

Thanks for the heads up YG3.

I suggest that you try lanzarotte island. The volcanic landscape is spectacular

OK thanks for the recommendation.  Haven't had the time to look into this yet....you know life's real world issues getting in the way of what I really would like to be doing.

cheers.

Near CAM3

Downloading, and downloading, and downloading....on and on it goes, where it stops nobody knows.

I'm getting speeds of over 1,000mb/sec but still there are a hundred files, bazillions of bytes.  OK terabytes of the stuff.

Anyway, it will take me some time to get a full collection.

Near CAM3

Thanks for that link. I will track down those addons and see how they look. Yesterday I installed the first batches of the photo-scenery, north part of Spain.  While I am a big fan of autogen for the 3D effect I will say that this photo-scenery is brilliant.  A great product and provides a nice affect. Much thanks for the heads-up and authors of this work.

I found that as long as I got up to 5000' the look and feel were great.  Also my road traffic and night lighting from UTX came through and added to the look and feel during some night flights.

Bryan

Near CAM3

Apparently this scenery no longer exists.  Dead links everywhere.  Oh well maybe I'll have better luck with Italy.

HI,  thanks for the reply.  I did see that site earlier too, and I started to download from one of the mega links, but then as I was reading on the site it seemed to be a different photo scenery to the one the pdf manual and all of these posts were referring to.  It stated on the website that the resolution of the photo scenery was 4m/pixel, which is a bit low, and the size of the downloads seemed to be much smaller than what I was expecting.  I find it really strange that an entire country worth of free photo scenery (the other one) can just disappear without a trace.  I actually used one of the ...deckard...  links not very long ago at all, and it was working, but now all links lead to nowhere.

Thanks for the help though.

Cheers,

HI,  thanks for the reply.  I did see that site earlier too, and I started to download from one of the mega links, but then as I was reading on the site it seemed to be a different photo scenery to the one the pdf manual and all of these posts were referring to.  It stated on the website that the resolution of the photo scenery was 4m/pixel, which is a bit low, and the size of the downloads seemed to be much smaller than what I was expecting.  I find it really strange that an entire country worth of free photo scenery (the other one) can just disappear without a trace.  I actually used one of the ...deckard...  links not very long ago at all, and it was working, but now all links lead to nowhere.

Thanks for the help though.

Cheers,

This link is still working 

http://deckard.uv.es/index.php?dir=SPAIN_PHOTOSCENERY%2F

Thanks yankeegolf3.

That's strange though, as that was one of the links I had previously been trying and it was not working.

I suppose it must have been down temporarily.  

In the meantime, I actually discovered another link, which leads to a site containing 1m/pixel PR for all of Spain.  I'm not sure if it is the same scenery, as some of the names and downloads seem to be in a different order.

http://www.vuelosaventura.com/index.php

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks yankeegolf3.

That's strange though, as that was one of the links I had previously been trying and it was not working.

I suppose it must have been down temporarily.  

In the meantime, I actually discovered another link, which leads to a site containing 1m/pixel PR for all of Spain.  I'm not sure if it is the same scenery, as some of the names and downloads seem to be in a different order.

http://www.vuelosaventura.com/index.php

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,

Scott

Hello,

You are welcome.

I think the sceneries are identical because they come from the same source, the spanish national geographic institute (PNOA),have the same 1m/pixel resolution and the subparts are the same size.

The site looks great.

Cheers

Apparently this scenery no longer exists.  Dead links everywhere.  Oh well maybe I'll have better luck with Italy.

Apparently I'm not going to have luck with Italy.  The link to it is now not working.  Oh well at least I got Spain.

http://fsxitaly.mygamesonline.org/index.php/download

Link is suspended due to over traffic?  What the ....

...and it is good too, with full AG. On a par with NL2000.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...